How's my build?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
cheeaa
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

How's my build?

Post by cheeaa »

So I just downloaded the game a few weeks ago and I have to say I love it, although my wife hates me now haha! Great game though. Thank you to the devs who make this possible.

Anyway I wanted to get your opinion on my guy so far. I just got to the point where I need to find Lodar but have no idea where to go, so I've just started to wander around.

Level 13
HP 46
43188 exp
Attack Cost 6
Attack chance 133%
Attack Damage 10-22
Block chance 30%
DR 1

Hard Hit level 1
More criticals level 1
corpse eater level 1

Crude leather cap
Firm leather armor
Irogotu's necklace
Steel broadsword
Troublemakers ring
Tavern Brawlers ring
Troublemakers gloves
Vacors boots of attack
fiernaq

Re: How's my build?

Post by fiernaq »

That's your first build??? Wow, nice job. Seems like a very capable start. You'll probably want to get your AC up to around 160 or so within the next few levels as once you hit Blackwater Mountain there are some monsters that have well over 100 BC. I'm not sure about the weapon you're using but I seem to recall there being a better one for your build that is obtainable early on... I could be wrong about that but you'll have to check with someone else. All your other gear looks pretty good although I would definitely consider purchasing the Jewel of Fallhaven from the merchant in the far south-east corner of Fallhaven just to give it a try... it may or may not be better for you.

Oh, one last thing. I would strongly suggest Improved Fortitude as your next skill. The earlier you take it the better off you are since it's not retroactive.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
cheeaa

Post by cheeaa »

Thanks! Yeah there's a few items I'm going to buy here soon and I believe what you mentioned was one of them. I haven't found a better weapon yet, but that certainly doesn't mean there isn't one. I planned on the increased fortitude in the next couple of level ups, but never read the description so thanks for the heads up! I'll do it next!
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i agree, nice job!
you may be interested in this sword...

Flagstone's Pride
(you have a Critical skill & this is a critical weapon)

you can get it here...

Ancient Secrets (a quest)

What you have to do to get it...
When you head south out of Crossglen, past the snake cave, head west a bit and you'll find a guard on duty. He tells you about the prison to the south-east. First, enter the prison and go downstairs until you are stopped by a "large enemy". Go back upstairs, to ground level & take the stairs up that you saw upon entry. There are three undead clustered in the corner, the one in the back drops an item. Take the item to the guard outside and he will give you a password that allows you to battle the "large enemy" mentioned earlier. Defeat it and move deeper into the complex, near the end you must defeat yet another "large enemy". Kill it and speak with the man in the final room for closure.

it's a rough place at your level,
so walk with caution my friend!

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
cheeaa

Post by cheeaa »

Nice. Guess I'll stick up on bonemeals and head on down! Thanks!
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

best of luck!

:D

one more thing, not a huge deal but...

the last, big monster drops it
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

Yeah, I was gonna say flagstone's pride... That our the balanced steel sword are about the best two weapons in the game, and flagstone's is obtainable earlier on :D
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

nice young build, but do you know that you need to use weapon with critical hit ability if you like to have any critical hit at all ?

I noticed that you have criticall skill and some of yours current gear are maby chosen by you because of critical hit bonuses ?

Try some of the following weapons and see the difference:
-Flagstone's pride
-Villain's blade
-Venomou's dagger
-Shadow of the slayer
-Skull crusher
-there are also sewerall clubs with crit hit abilyty, but they are useless

I also recoment that you pick Fortitude skill at least two times asap.

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
cheeaa

Post by cheeaa »

I actually had no idea. I have the venomous dagger but never equipped it since it only said like 1-2 damage. I started to do the prison just to see how it was and while it doesn't seem too bad, I definitely need to bring more meats and potions down there. But, are you guys saying that this sword I'm trying to get is one of the best in the game?
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Flagstone's Pride is arguably the best crit based weapon early game. Later on you'll be able to pick up the Dagger of the Shadow Priests but that will be a while. For non-crit builds the Balanced Steel Sword is a very good well rounded weapon and then of course you have the Quickstrike Dagger for people like me with our evasion based ninja builds.

*EDIT* Just noticed that the Venomous Dagger is a pretty good crit weapon and can be obtained even earlier than Flagstone's Pride so makes a good stepping stone on your way to getting it.

Complete Gear List

Credits to Happilyjinxed and JohanX
Last edited by fiernaq on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013