Fleeing from fight - v0.6.11a1/b1

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Fleeing from fight - v0.6.11a1/b1

Post by Antison »

Monster1 is on tile1, hero is on tile2 and flees to tile3. Potion-ups or waits for regeneration, then moves to tile4, where monster2 is waiting at tile5. Monster2 immediately attacks w/o hero having an opportunity to attack first. Plus hero's AP is not reset. Understand :?:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

tek wrote:Monster1 is on tile1, hero is on tile2 and flees to tile3. Potion-ups or waits for regeneration, then moves to tile4, where monster2 is waiting at tile5. Monster2 immediately attacks w/o hero having an opportunity to attack first. Plus hero's AP is not reset. Understand :?:
Thanks for the report. I am unable to reproduce this. Is this the correct way to cause the situation to happen?

Code: Select all

| A |   |   |   | E |
|   | B | C | D |   |
  1. Player stands at B. Monster is at A. Player is in combat with monster A.
  2. Player has: current AP < maximum AP.
  3. Player flees to C
  4. Combat ends
  5. Player moves to D
  6. Monster E engages combat with player.
  7. Monster does its attacks in the first round.
  8. Monster's attack round ends.
  9. Player's combat turn begins.
  10. Player has: current AP < maximum AP.
Is this correct? I am unable to reproduce step 10.
/Oskar
Antison

Post by Antison »

Oskar,

Yes this is the steps to reproduce, but I think step 4 never really occurs. Yes, you are freed from the battle, but when you get to step 6 it feels like a continuation of the first battle as the AP is not rest. The hero never gets the first attack on battle two either.

Thanks for the reply.
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

tek wrote:Monster1 is on tile1, hero is on tile2 and flees to tile3. Potion-ups or waits for regeneration, then moves to tile4, where monster2 is waiting at tile5. Monster2 immediately attacks w/o hero having an opportunity to attack first. Plus hero's AP is not reset. Understand :?:
Have had this happen to me, also. I just thought it was something new in the combat mechanics, lol. It did seem strange but hey, things change all the time. ;)
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

The bit about combat re-initiating as soon as you move within range of the second monster can easily be explained by the monster initiating the combat. The bug is that you have Current AP < Maximum AP when the combat starts.

Does the combat start every time you move within range of the second monster or only sometimes? When you drink a potion while in between the monsters (not within range of either of them) does it use AP as it would if you were still in combat? Is it possible that from the middle position you double tap towards the second monster so as to attempt to initiate combat yourself instead of allowing the monster to initiate? If so, do you still have less than full AP?
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I cannot reproduce this. Weird.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Pyrizzle wrote:I cannot reproduce this. Weird.
What's really strange, is that I can't anymore either, since 6.11 release. As far as I know, nothing was done to change or fix this since we couldn't figure out the cause. :?: :!: :?: :!: :shock:

Tek, are you still having the same issue??? :|
Antison

Post by Antison »

DarkSavant13 wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:I cannot reproduce this. Weird.
What's really strange, is that I can't anymore either, since 6.11 release. As far as I know, nothing was done to change or fix this since we couldn't figure out the cause. :?: :!: :?: :!: :shock:

Tek, are you still having the same issue??? :|
The ap issue seems to be gone But not the issue of the monster getting the first attack every time
mdmedlin
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by mdmedlin »

When fleeing a fight and you go onto the exit square for the room, you cannot exit, and if there is a mob that is right next to the exit square, you are now locked into battle with that one. If you try to flee, you cannot leave the area even if the square you are fleeing to is the exit square, you have to leave the exit square and reenter it to leave the room.
Level 39 Exp: 1093259 HP: 111 AC: 189% AD: 22-29 AP: 6 CC: 10% CM:2 BC 54% DR: 0 SR:2543 RoLS: 1

frog killer