Time to advance levels

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Canuck
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Time to advance levels

Post by Canuck »

BTW, I'd love to see similar posts from someone with a different playing style (e.g. Shadow-aligned, BWM equipment, etc.).
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by RaptorNXT »

Don't worry! They are making a thrilling read.
Here's hope that you not only cross 45, but double it!
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Pooka

Post by Pooka »

Canuck wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:05 pm Thanks! I was wondering if anyone was reading.
I am, and enjoying it too! I am fascinated at the pace of your progress! I never considered my pace of play, your posts bring a new perspective. I am intrigued.

Best guess, I've clocked maybe fifteen hours at level 20. I am still learning the game world, so I like exploring and taking my time doing so. On the other hand, I still feel directionless for the very same reason.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Yes, I spent many times longer for each level early on, and in a way, that's much more fun, because you're experiencing the story rather than just advancing through stuff you know.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Hour 9: level 32 permadeath

Two level-ups this hour, both on the way to Remgard (with side trips to visit a witch, help a wounded collector, and pick flowers). Next hour will finish the first round of Remgard stuff.

My charcter is dual-wielding right now — I'm not sure that wasn't a waste of two skill points, but I wanted to give it a proper try. You don't actually hit much harder or more accurately, but you do get to combine the effects of two one-handed weapons and perhaps boost crits or apply them to a weapon that doesn't normally have them. We'll see how it compares to just hacking at everything with a big axe.

Current stats: attack 217 29-35 +32×2.0 (4 attacks/round) and 50% chance of inflicting bleeding wounds, defence 77/4

Current equipment: Dark Protector, Serpent's Haubeck, Jewel of Fallhaven, Flagstone's Pride, Barbed Dagger, Polished Ring of Backstabbing (×2), Feline Gloves, Feline Boots
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Hour 10: level 34 permadeath

Two more level-ups. finished first Remgard round, travelled back around the lake and along the river, handed in my completed delivery docket in Brimhaven, visited a zombie cave, and just about to start Charwood when the timer ran out.

Current stats: attack 226 29-38 +42×2.5 (4 attacks/round), defence 89/4

Current equipment: Dark Protector, Serpent's Haubeck, Marrowtaint, Flagstone's Pride, Feygard Dagger, Polished Ring of Backstabbing (×2), Feline Gloves, Feline Boots
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

(And kudos to the game contributors: that's 34 levels without any extended grinding for gold or XP, even playing more conservatively with a permadeath character. Great improvement! The only long stretches of grinding have been for quests, like skeleton bones, wyrm teeth, or an irdegh poison gland.)
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Hour 11: level 36 permadeath

Two level-ups again (I thought I'd be down to <= 1/hour at this point). Did the first round of Charwood (but not the mine), met an old acquaintance in an improbable place, improved my sword, axe, and light-armour skills, brought an old man some cheddar, gave a bereaved widow some flowers and helped her get her business back, explored a sorcerer's musty cave, restored an amulet to its owner, grabbed a potion ingredient to help (?) restore peace in a Remgard household, and then slipped back into the early sections of the Green Maze to grab a special axe and start grinding for something my old acquaintance needs (found 6/10 so far).

Next hour will be the Charwood mine.

Current stats: attack 232 29-38 +43×2.5 (4 attacks/round), defence 99/4

Current equipment: Dark Protector, Serpent's Haubeck, Marrowtaint, Flagstone's Pride, Feygard Dagger, Polished Ring of Backstabbing (×2), Feline Gloves, Feline Boots

(Bonus stat) Bonemeal potions consumed: 0
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Hour 12: level 37 permadeath

Just one level today, but a second was nearly complete when the timer ran out. Starting to shift from offensive to balanced now, as I prepare to face stronger monsters who can kill with one or two hits (which isn't a good thing in permadeath mode).

Finished grinding in the green maze for a quest item, made a couple of side trips on the way out, visited my old acquaintance in the Charwood ruins (for the last time), travelled a long way to get a nice pair of boots, cleared out an ooze cave on the way back, and nearly finished the Charwood Mine.

Current stats: attack 216 54–62 +33×2.0 (2 attacks/round), defence 117/5

Current equipment: Dark Protector, Serpent's Haubeck, Marrowtaint, Greataxe of Shattered Hope, Polished Ring of Backstabbing (×2), Feline Gloves, Boots of Globetrotter
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by RaptorNXT »

Nice! Good luck!
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2