Time to advance levels

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Canuck
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Time to advance levels

Post by Canuck »

I started a new permadeath character and set a 1 hour daily timer for the app on my phone at the same time, so as an accidental experiment, I'm discovering how long it takes to advance levels.

Hour 1: level t0

Hour 2: level 15

Hour 3: level 19

So 10 levels in the first hour, 5 in the second, and 4 in the third. It will probably drop to 1 level/hour soon, based on past experience.

At level 19, my character Epsi's stats are 180 20-25 +24x2.0 for attack (3 attacks/round), and 41/4 for defence, which seems pretty typical. They haven't been up Blackwater Mountain yet. At level 20, they will
slip into the beginning of the green maze to grab the Serpent's Haubeck
which always gives a nice stats boost before Blackwater.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Time to advance levels

Post by Antison »

This is not a scientific analysis as this is all based on relativity as it really is dictated based on your previous experience and your willingness to branch out into areas where you can gain the most experience points.
It's also based off of playing style and what you're aiming to accomplish. For example, if you're more focused on gaining gold, you might go into places where there's more gold than there is experience points and thus level up a little bit slower
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Absolutely. I'm trying to establish a lower limit for time to advance levels, not a typical experience.

Hour 4: level 22

So, 3 levels in the fourth hour.

Note that with recent game improvements, there's really no point sesrching or grinding for gold any more unless you just want it for its own sake. After about level 12 I find my character always has more gold than they can reasonably spend.

Current stats: lvl 22, attack 192 23–28 +32×2.0 (3 attacks/round), defence 50/5.

Current equipment: Enhanced green hat, Serpent's Haubeck, Jewel of Fallhaven, Flagstone's Pride, Kid's shield (still), Polished Ring of Backstabbing ×2, Feline Gloves, Feline Boots.

(Also, 86 cooked meat and no bonemeal, since Epsi is Feygard-aligned.)
Antison

Post by Antison »

Canuck wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:10 pm Note that with recent game improvements, there's really no point searching or grinding for gold any more unless you just want it for its own sake. After about level 12 I find my character always has more gold than they can reasonably spend.
:D exactly. It is really nice to hear you say that because that was the goal 3 years ago. :D
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Yes, the team has done a great job! I don't miss the days of circling between Fallhaven and Crossglen killing thousands of serpents, canines, and boars just to be able to afford the equipment to advance.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Hour 5: level 23

Just one level-up in the 5th hour, but only a few kills shy of level 24. Cleared Stoutford Castle and started on Blackwater, with a lot of digression for side quests.
including slaying the Gornaud leader — is the weapon I found there much use?
Current stats: lvl 23, attack 192 24-29 +32×2.0, defence 50/5, 59 HP

Equipment unchanged from the previous hour. I will stick with this equipment until I get
Shadow of the Slayer at the end of the first round of Blackwater
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Hour 6: level 26 permadeath

Three level-ups, but I was almost at level 24 in the previous hour, so let's call it 2 levels/hour in the mid 20s.

Finished the first round of Blackwater quests and on my way to a certain beach when time ran out. Next hour (tomorrow) I'll start on Guynmart castle and the Dark Protector.

Current stats (temporarily reduced due to Mermaid Curse and Dazed): lvl 26, attack 172 33–36 +22×2.0 (2 attacks/round), defence 5/4

Current equipment: Enhanced green hat, Serpent's Haubeck, Jewel of Fallhaven, Sword of Shadow's Rage, Kid's Shield, Polished Ring of Backstabbing ×2, Feline Gloves, Feline Boots.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Hour 7: level 27 permadeath

Just one level-up this hour. The stuff I was doing (mermaid, bees, fences, stolen painting, lost marbles, wine and cheese, Guynmart Castle) doesn't yield much XP, though it is fun from a story-telling PoV. Next hour will be The Dark Protector, which can yield a lot of XP, depending on the choices I make.

Current stats: attack 201 53–57 +32×2.0 (2 attacks/round), defence 49/4

Current equipment: Enhanced green hat, Serpent's Haubeck, Jewel of Fallhaven, Shadow of the Slayer, Polished Ring of Backstabbing ×2, Feline Gloves, Feline Boots
RaptorNXT

Post by RaptorNXT »

Nice going, Canuck!
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Thanks! I was wondering if anyone was reading. And don't worry — I've never succeeded in taking a permadeath character past about level 45, so these posts will probably end soon. :)

Hour 8: level 30

Three level-ups this hour, mainly because of all the XP from the Dark Protector quest (also visited the Forest Settlement to fill in my map a bit, then stocked up on major-health potions and cooked meat for my trip to Remgard tomorrow). When my daily 1-hour timer ran out, I was wielding Flagstone's Pride and the Guynmart Shield, so my attack stats are down a bit but defence is up.

Current stats: attack 191 27–33 +32×2.0 (4 attacks/round), defence 79/5

Current equipment: Dark Protector, Serpent's Haubeck, Jewel of Fallhaven, Flagstone's Pride, Guynmart Shield, Polished Ring of Backstabbing (×2), Feline Gloves, Feline Boots