Character Level and New Update

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
officerjoneswc4176

Character Level and New Update

Post by officerjoneswc4176 »

Not sure what's the best location to put this question, but I think development and/or game discussion seems the most appropriate. My question is to the developers of the game...Are our characters are going to carry the same level that the character is currently at when the update comes out or is the character going to be limited to a maximum level - say like max level 35?
Level 42, 1,333,666 XP, Gold 98861
Equipped Stats Attack 155%, Attack Cost 3, Damage 23-24
CHC 20%, CM 3X
Block 72%
Hit points 70

Unequipped Stats
70 HP
Attack 130%, Attack Cost 3, Damage 10
Block 27%
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Character Level and New Update

Post by oskarwiksten »

Your old stats will be carried over to the new version. You will not lose your character or your level. Personally, I strongly dislike level caps, so I will not introduce one :)

Additionally, if we do some difficulty balancing on player stats, you will get the benefit as if you had such a benefit from the start. (For example, we raised initial HP a few versions ago, that all existing players also benefited from)

Hope that answers your question!
/Oskar
strago

Re: Character Level and New Update

Post by strago »

Oskar, how are you going to balance gameplay for old players vs new players? For instance, just running through the game from start to finish, I ended up completing the gargoyle cave at level 18. However, because I've been grinding the gargoyle cave looking for the ring of shadows I'm now at level 27. So quests and caves that would be more difficult level 18 are going to be much easier at level 27 (or higher as I know a lot of people on these forums are). Are you building for level 18? Or level 27?

Unequipped
ATK % 115 ATK DMG 6 BLOCK % 15

Mytouch 3G android version 2.2.1