v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

wolfpack animal hide or ordinary chainmail?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

wolfpack animal hide or ordinary chainmail?

Post by nezkeys79 »

I have the wolfpack animal hide equipped and have been saving up for the ordinary chainmail. I was wondering whether I should buy the chainmail or just stick with the wolfpack animal hide until I find the stone chainmail? That way I could spend the 5000 gold on a stack of bonemeal potions. The only problem with the hide is the -15% AC and I haven't put any points into AC at all yet.

Ps. I'm level 15, with 65 hp, 21-22 AD, 100%AC (chainmail), 85%AC wolfpack animal hide. I plan to go to the gargoyle caves or flagstone next. Should I be ok?
nezkeys79

Re: wolfpack animal hide or ordinary chainmail?

Post by nezkeys79 »

Here are the stats of each:

Wolfpack Animal Hide:
-15% AC
2% BC
1 DR

Ordinary Chainmail:
-5%AC
22% BC

PS. what does damage resistance actually do?
Bornain
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Bornain »

Damage resistance reduces the amount of damage caused.

I.e.- Say you were hit and ware dealt 10hp damage, if you had DR of 1, you would only receive 9hp damage.

IMO I would go the chainmail.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Chainmail all the way.

The AC is effected less and the BC is way higher. Plus the higher chance of blocking will have more ofan effect than being hit more often but subtracting one point of damage off.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

I take it the chainmail is the best available to me right now. I got the stone cuirass and when I realised I was going back to 2 hits just for a -2 to damage I thought what a waste
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Yes, chainmail is the best available (for now)

Minos027
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Minos027 »

Chainmail is the easy choice here.... unless you can put 2 jewels of fallhaven on (can't) the stone is on my list of useless items... IMHO. Also, pryzzle ( sorry if I spelled it incorrectly) what do you think I should LVL next? Currently grinding bwm and not having to much trouble... maybe AD?
LVL:28 AC:192 AD:23-24 CC:57 CM:4.75 BC:39 HP:41 equipped: leather cap, villians leather, jewell of fallhaven, superior wood shield, vacors boots, troublemakers gloves, DotSP, and 2x polished backstabbing.
Do not judge based on ignorance.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Minos027 wrote:Chainmail is the easy choice here.... unless you can put 2 jewels of fallhaven on (can't) the stone is on my list of useless items... IMHO. Also, pryzzle ( sorry if I spelled it incorrectly) what do you think I should LVL next? Currently grinding bwm and not having to much trouble... maybe AD?

Your stats are looking really good. I'd recomend either AC until you get somewhere between 175-200 or just keep adding to AD.

But thats just my opinion. Depending on how often you get hit you may wanna think about adding to BC at some point as well.

Minos027
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Minos027 »

Guess its time for AC.... I don't get hit much, even with wyrm trainers and/ or wyrms and that fatigue nonsense... I really hate that fatigue nonsense :lol: :lol:
LVL:28 AC:192 AD:23-24 CC:57 CM:4.75 BC:39 HP:41 equipped: leather cap, villians leather, jewell of fallhaven, superior wood shield, vacors boots, troublemakers gloves, DotSP, and 2x polished backstabbing.
Do not judge based on ignorance.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Minos027 wrote:Guess its time for AC.... I don't get hit much, even with wyrm trainers and/ or wyrms and that fatigue nonsense... I really hate that fatigue nonsense :lol: :lol:

Yeah those Wyrms can be a B sometimes. Once your AD + AC is high enough you wont even notice the fatigue anymore.