v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Questions about spawning..

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
AngelRN
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Questions about spawning..

Post by AngelRN »

Others probably already covered this and I just haven't managed to find it in the forums. If that is so, I'm very sorry for the redundancy.

:?: Question 1- What defines a map?
While I'm attempting to grind through the levels with the gargoyle trainers/masters, what exactly is a map area to stay away from during the requisite three minutes until everyone's respawned? The little room to the upper right and the throne rooms are obviously their own little map areas, but I'm not sure about the first room with the three trainers with the hallway to the front right room. If I'm hanging out in the right front room with the master at the top and the wandering trainer, will the three in the entry room respawn, or do those two areas constitute one map area since you don't really enter any other sections?

:?: Question 2- How is the three minutes measured?
I know that monsters won't spawn while I'm fighting, but does the "countdown" to a full refill in another portion of the map continue while I'm in battle? For example (I'm making up easy numbers to work with here), say it takes me 15 seconds to fight a gargoyle trainer/master and I'm in the throne room. I would spend 1.5 minutes in battle with the original bad guys. Does that mean I only need to spend another 1.5 minutes wandering around that room, or would that mean I have to spend 4.5 minutes in that room (battle time + room respawn time) before the previous room would be fully respawned?

I hope these questions make sense... I've been wondering for a little while and I just decide to post this when I have a throbbing headache and can't think very clearly.

Thank you for any clarification that you awesome discussion board members can offer!!!

Angel
Angel

Heathcliff
Level: 40 (for now!)
Experience: 1,188,635
RoLS: 0
small rocks: 1,485 (from the gargoyle cave, been dumping all the others)
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Re: Questions about spawning..

Post by Samuel »

Hi Angel,

the most infos you may get are in chapter 5 in this topic:
http://andors.techby2guys.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=703
AngelRN wrote: :?: Question 1- What defines a map?
...or do those two areas constitute one map area since you don't really enter any other sections?
Exactly. You can not see any fields of one map from another map. (apart from some transition fields)
AngelRN wrote: :?: Question 2- How is the three minutes measured?
...does the "countdown" to a full refill in another portion of the map continue while I'm in battle?
This depends:
The spawning on the current map stops when you are in a battle.
The 3-minute-spawn-timer for not visited maps continues.
AngelRN wrote:...Does that mean I only need to spend another 1.5 minutes wandering around that room...
Exactly.
Last edited by Samuel on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
AngelRN
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by AngelRN »

Thank you so much for clarifying that!! I've been trying to spend three minutes unengaged before returning to a previous map section. This will save me some time.
Samuel wrote:Hi Angel,
AngelRN wrote: :?: Question 1- What defines a map?
...or do those two areas constitute one map area since you don't really enter any other sections?
Exactly. You can not see one map from the other. (apart from some transition fields)
I feel like I missed this, still. In the gargoyle cave, the front rooms would be separate maps (because you cannot see all of them both at the same time) or the same map (because you transition between them without moving beyond a border)?

Thanks again for the awesome answers!
Angel

Heathcliff
Level: 40 (for now!)
Experience: 1,188,635
RoLS: 0
small rocks: 1,485 (from the gargoyle cave, been dumping all the others)
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

AngelRN wrote:I feel like I missed this, still. In the gargoyle cave, the front rooms would be separate maps (because you cannot see all of them both at the same time) or the same map (because you transition between them without moving beyond a border)?
No it is one map, because you can see it (most of the area) from the other side. The two rooms and the part before the 2 rooms where some gargoyles hang around are all included in this one map. So inside the gargoyle cave there are only 4 maps. (3 containing gargoyle trainers and masters)

Have a look at the monster partitions here:
http://andors.techby2guys.com/viewtopic ... 2489#p2489

Hope everything is clear now.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

The first room loops around like a ?
The second room you enter from the south and divids into 2 other rooms. The western room contains the alter at the top and about 5 gargoyle t&a. The eastern room has only 2 gargoyle t&a in it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Pyrizzle wrote:The first room loops around like a ?
The second room you enter from the south and divids into 2 other rooms. The western room contains the alter at the top and about 5 gargoyle t&a. The eastern room has only 2 gargoyle t&a in it.
I don't understand the question. "Like a". ?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

tek wrote:

The first cave you enter is shaped like a question mark. you enter from the bottom go up and loop back around.

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Pyrizzle wrote:
tek wrote:

The first cave you enter is shaped like a question mark. you enter from the bottom go up and loop back around.
The gargoyle cave is not shaped like a question mark. What are you talking about?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

The first cave where you enter the caves from is kind of shapped like a question mark or S shaped. (this room that doesnt have ANY Gargoyle Trainers or Apprentices)

lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

The first trainer-master room has the first part with three trainers, a small connecting hallway with one trainer, and the easterly section with one moving trainer and one stationary master at the north end. I actually think of it as two rooms, but it is all considered one map for respawning purposes. The room to the north of this eastern portion of the first map is a separate map, with one trainer and one master. The third map is the altar room, north of the western portion of the first map, and it has three trainers and two masters, one roaming the top half of the room and one stationary, guarding the altar area itself. (You have to turn the question mark 180°, left-to-right so that the hook goes to the right instead of to the left. Not ?, but its mirror image, and the hook going farther down.)
Hope that makes it clearer.
Well, Pyrizzle and I seem to have different interpretations of just what the earlier posts are saying, so you have a perfect right to be confused--one or both of Pyrizzle and me is/are also confused!
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF