v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

a couple modifications

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
tuf

a couple modifications

Post by tuf »

1. increase spawn regenerate ratio to 3seconds where legendary items can be obtained.

2. since it is next to impossible to not be fatigued, when attacked by wyrm trainers/apprentices. the fatigue restore postion is pretty much worthless. Have the potion cure and protect from fatigue for 3 or 5 rounds. otherwise you just have an expensive worthless item in the game.

3. The game needs more damage resitant armor's. Shields, helmets and body armour should all have some form of damage resitants, which wouldnt effect attack chance. simple gear should really all be minimum of +1 damage resitance.

4. there needa to be a way of removing the BW plague. even if its only for so many rounds.

I feel these are all simple requests that make sense please feel free to comment.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: a couple modifications

Post by Antison »

tuf wrote:1. increase spawn regenerate ratio to 3seconds where legendary items can be obtained.
IMO, this is a "No way".
tuf wrote: 2. since it is next to impossible to not be fatigued, when attacked by wyrm trainers/apprentices. the fatigue restore postion is pretty much worthless. Have the potion cure and protect from fatigue for 3 or 5 rounds. otherwise you just have an expensive worthless item in the game.
This is an interesting idea that might be a good one.
tuf wrote: 3. The game needs more damage resitant armor's. Shields, helmets and body armour should all have some form of damage resitants, which wouldnt effect attack chance. simple gear should really all be minimum of +1 damage resitance.
I wouldn't say "should all have some form of damage resistances", but I would agree that more are needed and I am sure Oskar has more coming in 0.6.10v.
tuf wrote: 4. there needa to be a way of removing the BW plague. even if its only for so many rounds.
I am sure Oskar has something up his sleeve on the Blackwater plague.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

As far as the restore fatigue potion, I don't use it during a fight, but after, before going after the next monster.

The best way to avoid fatigue is to build up AC & AD to the point that you can kill them the first time around before they can strike back.

What I'd like to see though are some "resist fatigue" items you can equip. I do like your idea of the potion allowing us to resist fatigue for a few rounds. If that doesn't happen, maybe a new quest from the same guy to make a fatigue immunity potion that lasts a few rounds, as you suggested.

And it would also be great if completing quests rewarded a lot more xp, especially now that they're getting more difficult (the kazul one, requiring several trips around black water mountain, and first choosing which settlement to help, should have rewarded 2k or even 3k xp). Especially since as you level up more, it takes even more xp to move up again.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Mino wrote: The best way to avoid fatigue is to build up AC & AD to the point that you can kill them the first time around before they can strike back.
I agree 100%! This is exactly what I have been doing.
Mino wrote: What I'd like to see though are some "resist fatigue" items you can equip.
I suggested this the week that 0.6.9 came out. I would love to see this implemented.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
tuf

Post by tuf »

yeah im buildi.g my AD and AC up now. on lvl 34. I have been able to go up and down BBW since lvl 25. but the monsters are still tough. figure lvl 45 it will be nicer traveling. Ive also been thru the kazul den as well. Im sure others who arnt at lvl 50-70 are traveling the BBW as well. so it would be cool to see one of the fatigue options
tuf

Post by tuf »

umm whats IMO?
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

tuf wrote:4. there needa to be a way of removing the BW plague. even if its only for so many rounds.
I am sure Oskar has something up his sleeve on the Blackwater plague.[/quote]
No, he stated he will leave it as it is.
Mino wrote:The best way to avoid fatigue is to build up AC & AD to the point that you can kill them the first time around before they can strike back.
I agree.
Mino wrote:What I'd like to see though are some "resist fatigue" items you can equip. I do like your idea of the potion allowing us to resist fatigue for a few rounds. If that doesn't happen, maybe a new quest from the same guy to make a fatigue immunity potion that lasts a few rounds, as you suggested.
There will be a skill for fatigue resistance in the new version.
Mino wrote:And it would also be great if completing quests rewarded a lot more xp, especially now that they're getting more difficult (the kazul one, requiring several trips around black water mountain, and first choosing which settlement to help, should have rewarded 2k or even 3k xp). Especially since as you level up more, it takes even more xp to move up again.
I strongly agree.
tuf wrote:umm whats IMO?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=abbreviation+IMO
tek wrote:
tuf wrote:1. increase spawn regenerate ratio to 3seconds where legendary items can be obtained.
IMO, this is a "No way".
IMO it's a "No way" too.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

tuf wrote:umm whats IMO?
IMO = in my opinion.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
tuf

Post by tuf »

i dont really understand why increasing how fast a legendary item holder respawns is a "no way". i have no pro lem gei.ding away but waiting for the trainers to respawn makes the game boring. 3sec to whatever the % is instead of 5 secs to the respawn % . why No Way
tuf

Post by tuf »

ha i see why now cause its every .5 sec respawn % wow i count out 5 secs inbetween kills to increase my respawn targets. I do that becausr i read it wrong but the 5 sec count seems to work. Something has to be messed up with that setup cause a lot more monsters should be respawing at that ratio. illl sit in a room for over 30 secs and nothing.

so what i should have suggested would be faster respawing for monsters that. carry legendary items