v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

need a new look

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: need a new look

Post by Mino »

I think people are being a bit too hard on neil, he's not trying to "cheat" since its a 1 player game. Just using a game he enjoys to learn Java, which from what I understand is the big thing to know right now (for games, blu-ray, etc).

Anyway, to keep on topic, if it takes time away from new maps, quests, skill point systems, etc then the current look is fine. Otherwise, since it has an image for both the Overview and Inventory tab, maybe keep the classic look for the Overview, and for the Inventory have it based on what you've equipped. So it would add a cap, armor, necklace, shield, etc. to the image on the Inventory tab.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

Mino wrote:I think people are being a bit too hard on neil, he's not trying to "cheat" since its a 1 player game. Just using a game he enjoys to learn Java, which from what I understand is the big thing to know right now (for games, blu-ray, etc).

Anyway, to keep on topic, if it takes time away from new maps, quests, skill point systems, etc then the current look is fine. Otherwise, since it has an image for both the Overview and Inventory tab, maybe keep the classic look for the Overview, and for the Inventory have it based on what you've equipped. So it would add a cap, armor, necklace, shield, etc. to the image on the Inventory tab.
I think what moe, pyrizzle, piggy and tek are saying is that if that weapon was really in the game, they wouldn't spend any effort at all trying to get it, and if they stumbled unto it, they would drop it immediately, never using it one time... Ha!
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

No, I just don't care to see Neil 's code modifications as it brings nothing to the table as far as providing meaningful insights or ideas.
His blog posts don't help anybody build their character, solve quests, or provide meaningful functionality improvements.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
moe
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by moe »

tec you are so right! and by the way to learn java i think it would be better to program some quests or dialogs.... that would help every1!
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Everyone can play with the source in whatever way they want, that is part of the beauty of an open source project.
AngelRN
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by AngelRN »

sdevaney wrote:Everyone can play with the source in whatever way they want, that is part of the beauty of an open source project.

So as soon as I have the free time/mental energy to learn about code/programming, I can create myself a "beauty" of a sister to go rescue Andor!!

I think she should have red hair. If she's doing all this fighting, she's got to have some spunk!!

;)
Angel

Heathcliff
Level: 40 (for now!)
Experience: 1,188,635
RoLS: 0
small rocks: 1,485 (from the gargoyle cave, been dumping all the others)