v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

D-pad

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
theGleep
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Re: Left vs. Right

Post by theGleep »

I'm a big fan of options... So we go ahead and allow left or right landscape?

And maybe the progress bars can overlay the "Playing field?"

And please note that with these layouts, the quick slots are always visible.

Nyktos: What was that about a pc?
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: D-pad

Post by phydeaux »

I think Nyktos, like me, is impatiently waiting for a new computer in order to play with coding and or generally trying to help the dev team :)
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

indeed, i feel like i have brushes & paint - but no canvas!

it will be a blast when i get my hands on one though :D

[a PC i mean...]
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

nyktos wrote:indeed, i feel like i have brushes & paint - but no canvas!

it will be a blast when i get my hands on one though :D

[a PC i mean...]
I know what you mean...not being able t to check the code and having to guess at what I think is going on in the program is driving me nuts! :)
eTo
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by eTo »

I have one idea on how to improve d-pad (except to add +1 to full screen option).
It would be great if it was re-sizable in options.
I play on xperia x10 mini, so my screen is quite small, and changing size would imo be best option. Also putting d-pad on status bar is imo not so good idea, because if someone have small screen he would see even less because how wide/high status bar would become. And that would be same as watching own thumb without any d-pad, because you would see almost the same (read: not much, but maybe a really little bit more with d-pad. You would only see close area, good for fighting when you already know terrain as back of your hand, but not so good for exploring and learning terrain). Also add to that increasing it's size so you can use it more accurately.. and you see even less.
Unless it would be also optional to put it on status bar, or left over area window where it is now.

But either way, game still will be good like it is now.. just if d-pad will be on character status bar.. that would be big minus of it and force me to buy some scriber (or whatever is called in English that pen-like thing you can use in bigger touch screen devices like palmtops instead of finger tips to choose menus etc.).

Also about movement if i may post it here. Noticed that directional keys are working, but on my keyboard are only 2 of them: < and > ^^
So it might be a good idea add another option to customize keys. Then everyone could just set it up to his preference.
But anyways, keep up the good work :)