v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

D-pad

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Dreia

Re: D-pad

Post by Dreia »

Please Please Please. . .probably 40% of my incoming damage is due to the auto routing purposely avoiding the mob to move around it and thus allowing it to hit me first.

~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
desmondageratte

Post by desmondageratte »

michismid2000. I know but bcoz the characters so small even my finger covered the action when I tap it.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Please also implement WASD keys. I'm running on a Desire Z and have no D-pad. Using the touchscreen or optical trackpad kinda sucks. You can either be accurate and slow, or fast and inaccurate. Would love to just hammer the WASD keys :)
Deane

Post by Deane »

I have seen numerous transparent overlay d-pads that work quite well. I personally get extremely frustrated with the orientation based navigation. I liked the idea of using the whole screen but I have my own recommendation.
I don't use my phone as a primary game system. Usually I play as I'm strolling around or waiting in line somewhere, like the bank. As such I really love games I can play with just one hand but can also use two if I'm focused on it.

If there was a D-pad in the lower right corner and then during combat the attack bar spanned half the screen but was centered, I think that would be ideal. I could play one handed while I eat lunch at work or while standing in line at the bank but two hands could be employed.
Czar Kloos

Post by Czar Kloos »

How often do u go to the bank ;) but I'm still against d pad I played a different android game with one and it wasn't as smooth it felt like.
Level: 18, XP: 102435
Gold: 5132, RoLS: 0, SR: 46

I take on one day at a time... unless they all decide to attack at once

Creator of Andor's Snuggie along with ctnbeh13
Porpman

Post by Porpman »

An option to have one in the lower left or right corner would be ideal, swapping positions with the quick buttons as necessary. I would personally prefer one in the lower left with the quick buttons on the right - it feels much more intuitive that way. An ability to turn the e-pad on or off for those that favor the already implemented methods would make everyone happy.

At present, I move with the left and right edges of the screen almost exclusively. This leads to vertical movement being done virtually entirely at angles. I become frustrated with movement after playing for a while and end up leaving the game for extended periods because of it; this one small thing would eliminate that.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

A virtual d-pad was added in r120. Should be available in the next update.
/Oskar
Porpman

Post by Porpman »

AWESOME! Thank you Oskar!
desmondageratte

Post by desmondageratte »

I like the dpad but I hope it is more transparent or see through because it kinda block the screen. Also the minimize button is kinda annoying because finger slides through and will accidentally minimizes with still moving. Maybe if the dpad be more see through then the minimize button can be removed. Just my little suggestion. Good job on all the updates!
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

desmondageratte wrote:Also the minimize button is kinda annoying because finger slides through and will accidentally minimizes with still moving. Maybe if the dpad be more see through then the minimize button can be removed. Just my little suggestion. Good job on all the updates!
There is an option to disable the minimize function.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0