v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

ring of lesser shadow...

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: ring of lesser shadow...

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

It's worth the wait. If you have completed all the quests that can currently be completed it gives you a massive incentive to keep playing. The regeneration alone make the RoLS worth finding.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

FYI: In the future there will be a skill, so you could use this skill to get a legendary item more easily.
http://andors.techby2guys.com/viewtopic ... 8&start=10
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
tuf

Post by tuf »

im @ lvl 20 i made the BWM run but i was temporarly trapped up there. Instead of stayi.g at the cabin to lvl up i thought it would be better trying to lvl up while attempti.g to get the ROLS. I figure if i get it i get it, but i need the exp for prim and bwm. I di.t know about the regeneration thou sounds like a nice little item to have im guessi.g its worth it

My question is i havent really been getting lots of rocks. how often do u all get rocks?
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

tuf wrote:im @ lvl 20 i made the BWM run but i was temporarly trapped up there. Instead of stayi.g at the cabin to lvl up i thought it would be better trying to lvl up while attempti.g to get the ROLS. I figure if i get it i get it, but i need the exp for prim and bwm. I di.t know about the regeneration thou sounds like a nice little item to have im guessi.g its worth it

My question is i havent really been getting lots of rocks. how often do u all get rocks?
Glad you were able to make it safely out of BWM. The gargoyle caves is definitely a great place to level up with the added benefit of a RoLS drop being a possibility. The rock count doesn't guarantee a drop, its just that people noticed you're likely to have a certain number of rocks by the time you get a ring (this is mentioned in another thread, possibly the other RoLS topic). The gems and potions are actually more helpful drops since the gems can be sold and the potions used to heal.

When you go back to BWM, make sure to stock up on bonemeal potions - I've seen people suggest 500-1000 but I just took a little over 100. Also, buy a few bottles of milk
so you can rest at Prim
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
ninoovcov

Post by ninoovcov »

Hi again, well i got well and truly bored with trying to find the ROLS so i decided to find something else to do and thats when i found that prison with loads of undead, anyway i have found some new equipment

FLAGSTONES PRIDE
JINXED RING OF DAMAGE RESISTANCE
RING OF BLOCK
QUICKSTRIKE DAGGER
SHIELDING NECKLASS
STONE CUIRASS
RING OF SUREHIT

all this above is spare and im using these items, below

FINE LEATHER CAP
ORDINARY CHAIN MAIL
JEWEL OF FALLHAVEN
VENOMOUS DAGGER
SUPERIOR WOODEN SHIELD
2 RINGS OF DAMAGE +6
FINE GLOVES OF SWIFT ATTACK
VACOR'S BOOTS OF ATTACK

i will try for the ROLS again later but is this the best combination of items??? what does everyone think???
Cervando

Post by Cervando »

ninoovcov wrote:Hi again, well i got well and truly bored with trying to find the ROLS so i decided to find something else to do and thats when i found that prison with loads of undead, anyway i have found some new equipment

FLAGSTONES PRIDE
JINXED RING OF DAMAGE RESISTANCE
RING OF BLOCK
QUICKSTRIKE DAGGER
SHIELDING NECKLASS
STONE CUIRASS
RING OF SUREHIT

all this above is spare and im using these items, below

FINE LEATHER CAP
ORDINARY CHAIN MAIL
JEWEL OF FALLHAVEN
VENOMOUS DAGGER
SUPERIOR WOODEN SHIELD
2 RINGS OF DAMAGE +6
FINE GLOVES OF SWIFT ATTACK
VACOR'S BOOTS OF ATTACK

i will try for the ROLS again later but is this the best combination of items??? what does everyone think???
Personally I prefer the Gloves of Better Grip, +9% AC and +1% BC over the ones of Swift attack. In the same manner, I prefer the Strong wooden tower shield, -8% AC and +14% BC. I equate the stats as to how many levels I would need to get them, plus or minus and equip the item which gives me the most 'levels'.

Later on in the expansion there are some nice items, I particularly like the Ring of Shadow Embrace, +10% AC, +2 AD and raises max HP by 20.
It drops when you kill the Blackwater King only
Level 40, AP 3, AC 195%, AD 21-22, CC 25%, CM 3, BC 60%, HP 60, 945 rocks, RoLS 1, RoL 0, ElyR 0

OR

Level 40, AP 2, AC 170%, AD 27, CC 0%, CM 0, BC 40%, HP 40, 945 rocks, RoLS 1, RoL 0, ElyR 0
ninoovcov

Post by ninoovcov »

wow not seen any of those items yet, thanks
Rambo
android_version: 2.0

Post by Rambo »

I went with the quickstrike dagger. Coupled with the jewel of fallhaven, u swing 5 times per round.
Venomous dagger swings 3, and crits 1/5. Mathematically speaking, the quickstrike does more damage, as a crit is the same as 2 free swings. Therefore, you would need a 33% crit rate for the venomous dagger to equal the quickstrikes output. Also, I believe that crits are based on landed attacks, not of your swings. I never liked BC, I experimented with it and wasn't impressed. Right now my BC is @ -16, and I rarely get hit, because monsters rarely survive my 1st round of attacks. I had best results milking out the most AC & AD, sacrificing BC. For example, on wyrm trainers w/ my attack at 27, I can kill them in 3 hits. That would require the venomous to land 100% accuracy to 1 round a monster, whereas with the quickstrike, all I have to do is land 3 out of 5, giving me much more breathing room for missed attacks. The venomous dagger is a good weapon, but at a certain point, the quickstrike is simply better. 100% chance for 2 extra swings is better than a 60% chance to do an extra 2 swings worth of damage.imo
Level: 39, Experience: 1046378, Gold: 81601, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, Hitpoints: 60, Attack Chance: 191%, Attack Damage: 27, Attack Cost: 2, Critical Hit Chance: 0%, Critical Multiplier: ~, Block Chance: -16%, Damage Resistance: 1
Gus_Almighty

Post by Gus_Almighty »

I too have been on the hunt for the ring of broken promises.
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

Rambo wrote:I went with the quickstrike dagger. Coupled with the jewel of fallhaven, u swing 5 times per round.
Venomous dagger swings 3, and crits 1/5. Mathematically speaking, the quickstrike does more damage, as a crit is the same as 2 free swings. Therefore, you would need a 33% crit rate for the venomous dagger to equal the quickstrikes output. Also, I believe that crits are based on landed attacks, not of your swings. I never liked BC, I experimented with it and wasn't impressed. Right now my BC is @ -16, and I rarely get hit, because monsters rarely survive my 1st round of attacks. I had best results milking out the most AC & AD, sacrificing BC. For example, on wyrm trainers w/ my attack at 27, I can kill them in 3 hits. That would require the venomous to land 100% accuracy to 1 round a monster, whereas with the quickstrike, all I have to do is land 3 out of 5, giving me much more breathing room for missed attacks. The venomous dagger is a good weapon, but at a certain point, the quickstrike is simply better. 100% chance for 2 extra swings is better than a 60% chance to do an extra 2 swings worth of damage.imo
This discussion makes me wonder if it is really the developers intention that a couple of daggers, one obtained in a very low level drop, and the other available for purchase at a fairly low cost, should be the weapons of choice for even high level players. As we advance through the game climbing levels, completing quests, and killing bosses, at some point in the game shouldn't better weapons than the quickstrike and venomous daggers be made available to the higher level players? Even just a little bit better? And I'm not considering the extremely rare drop items, although I think it's been pointed out that even they may not be much, if any better.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|