Preparing to attempt Blackwater

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Stickfigureguy
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Preparing to attempt Blackwater

Post by Stickfigureguy »

actually i only made it to the blackwater settlement and back to prim so i still havent completed the quest. :oops: i am currently traveling to blackwater again right now. what i did to make it that far was kinda close to what rambo said but even more safe. i dont need criticals to kill a white wyrm, (but criticals do help a lot) i just save on my turn, and keep attacking and if i get a critical, then i save there too. so when its my enemys turn i reload if i get hurt a lot, or if i get killed. i try not to waste as much potions and food, in case i really need them. my equipped ac is 115% and my equipped dc is 25% so right now my main priority is to get my dc up.actually this isnt my first time attempting to climb bwm. the first time i did it i was lvl 11 which was even harder, mainly because of my lack of potions. i only had about 40 meats, and 6 bonemeals. at first i just went at it just for fun to see how hard it was going to be, but as i advanced more, i realized that I WANT TO PASS IT!!! but then, things went bad. i ran out of food and potions, and i only had 2 hp. so that time i had to reload even MORE times. if i was hit even one time, then i was toast. so i had to reload every time i got hit which was nearly impossible with MY bc. in the end, i ended up dying with just two wyrm trainers/aprentices to go. i wouldve kept trying but its ac was too high, and i got hit every time so eventually gave up. and that my friends, is the end, of my tragic story.......... :cry:
Level: 12
Gold: 338
AC: 80%
BC: 3%
HP: 35
AD: 5
Equipped with: Venomous dagger, cloth shirt, jewel of fallhaven, unzels defense boots, fine snakeskin gloves, fine leather cap, ring of damage +2, ring of surehit
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

Stickfigureguy wrote:actually i only made it to the blackwater settlement and back to prim so i still havent completed the quest. :oops: i am currently traveling to blackwater again right now. what i did to make it that far was kinda close to what rambo said but even more safe. i dont need criticals to kill a white wyrm, (but criticals do help a lot) i just save on my turn, and keep attacking and if i get a critical, then i save there too. so when its my enemys turn i reload if i get hurt a lot, or if i get killed. i try not to waste as much potions and food, in case i really need them. my equipped ac is 115% and my equipped dc is 25% so right now my main priority is to get my dc up.actually this isnt my first time attempting to climb bwm. the first time i did it i was lvl 11 which was even harder, mainly because of my lack of potions. i only had about 40 meats, and 6 bonemeals. at first i just went at it just for fun to see how hard it was going to be, but as i advanced more, i realized that I WANT TO PASS IT!!! but then, things went bad. i ran out of food and potions, and i only had 2 hp. so that time i had to reload even MORE times. if i was hit even one time, then i was toast. so i had to reload every time i got hit which was nearly impossible with MY bc. in the end, i ended up dying with just two wyrm trainers/aprentices to go. i wouldve kept trying but its ac was too high, and i got hit every time so eventually gave up. and that my friends, is the end, of my tragic story.......... :cry:
I'm trying to imagine how this is even fun? If I'm reading your equip correctly, you have a max AD of 9. Many of the monsters on BWM have a DR of 5. So that's only 3-4 AD WHEN you hit them. Also a lot of them have HP over 100. All that saving and reloading just sounds more like drudgery than anything else. It must have taken many, MANY hours. Why not go back and grind in Flagstone or the gargoyle caves, get some gold, buy at least one +6 damage ring, and add a little more to your AC and AD? And don't worry about BC, many here have provided evidence that it doesn't make that much difference.

So in summary, CAN you do BWM at level 12? Apparently so, but it's certainly not designed to be tackled at that level.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

Correction: The strong aulaeth has a DR of 6 and an HP of 135. With your AD of 8-9, that's 2.5 AD per hit, 54 hits to kill. That's a lot of saving and reloading for just one monster! Whatever trips your trigger, but I think for most, waiting until you're an appropriate level or have higher equipped stats will make BWM much more enjoyable.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
Cervando

Post by Cervando »

Screenshot or it never happened. I really find it hard to believe anybody would go to that much effort to climb the mountain. The constant saves and reloads would make each fight last for ever, as the mobs would hit you nearly every time, whilst you would miss most of the time and even when you hit, your damage would be trivial, but they could easily kill you. How long did each fight take?
Level 40, AP 3, AC 195%, AD 21-22, CC 25%, CM 3, BC 60%, HP 60, 945 rocks, RoLS 1, RoL 0, ElyR 0

OR

Level 40, AP 2, AC 170%, AD 27, CC 0%, CM 0, BC 40%, HP 40, 945 rocks, RoLS 1, RoL 0, ElyR 0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I would also reccomend getting at least 1 (i prefure 2) rings of +6AD. They would help push you past their DR. I gotta say that is a really tuff climb for a player with such a low level. Conrats on making it up and back down successfuly! Good luck on your future adventures.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------