Unbeatable Charactor build

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Re: Unbeatable Charactor build

Post by Rory Mac »

Dude, you need to chill. (the OP) The only one on here I see bragging is you. Most everyone else is here HELPING others out. Many players with levels high enough that you and I could only hope to achieve are sharing their advice and experience with the rest of us for no other reason than to be friendly and helpful. That's what forums are for. You seem to come on here to just stir the pot, brag, or because you like to see your thoughts on the internet. So yes, you are coming across as rude and portraying yourself as if you're about 12 years old. Now maybe you are 12, and if so, that's fine too, but if you're not, you may want to stop and look back at what you write before you hit the post button. Take a little more care in crafting your posts and you will get a much better reaction from the "old pros" here, as well as the noobs like me.

Relax, it's a game. It's supposed to be fun!
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

tuner240 wrote: Imho, neither of the legendary weapons, or the RoLS will ever be used on my current character. Two +6 damage rings and the Venomous Dagger beautifully round out my character with such a high hit % and Attack Damage. It almost feels as if I'm cheating by exploiting certain items...
You're crazy if you don't think the RoLS is better than a second +6 damage ring. Let me try to lay it out. Suppose you have two characters that are exactly equal with one open ring spot. Equip one with the RoLS and the other with the +6 damage ring. If ALL the RoLS had was 15% AC and 3 AD, then I propose that the two rings are equal because as the two characters go up 3 levels, The one with the RoLS can add 3 AD and the one with the +6 ring can add 15% AC. At that point the two characters would once again be exactly equal. BUT, the RoLS also bumps your almighty Crit chance from 20 to 25, so now you're getting a crit every 4 hits instead of every 5. And the final topper is REGENERATION!!! Since I got my RoLS, I hardly ever need to use bonemeal and use much fewer regular potions in the original sections of the game. I haven't made a serious venture into Blackwater yet, so I can't comment on that. But I will say, you don't realize how often 6 seconds comes along until you have this amazing piece of hardware. Damage and AC are things you can obtain through leveling and purchased hardware, but the last two items make this ring 200% better than a +6 damage ring, IMHO.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
tuner240

Post by tuner240 »

Rory Mac wrote:
tuner240 wrote: Imho, neither of the legendary weapons, or the RoLS will ever be used on my current character. Two +6 damage rings and the Venomous Dagger beautifully round out my character with such a high hit % and Attack Damage. It almost feels as if I'm cheating by exploiting certain items...
You're crazy if you don't think the RoLS is better than a second +6 damage ring. Let me try to lay it out. Suppose you have two characters that are exactly equal with one open ring spot. Equip one with the RoLS and the other with the +6 damage ring. If ALL the RoLS had was 15% AC and 3 AD, then I propose that the two rings are equal because as the two characters go up 3 levels, The one with the RoLS can add 3 AD and the one with the +6 ring can add 15% AC. At that point the two characters would once again be exactly equal. BUT, the RoLS also bumps your almighty Crit chance from 20 to 25, so now you're getting a crit every 4 hits instead of every 5. And the final topper is REGENERATION!!! Since I got my RoLS, I hardly ever need to use bonemeal and use much fewer regular potions in the original sections of the game. I haven't made a serious venture into Blackwater yet, so I can't comment on that. But I will say, you don't realize how often 6 seconds comes along until you have this amazing piece of hardware. Damage and AC are things you can obtain through leveling and purchased hardware, but the last two items make this ring 200% better than a +6 damage ring, IMHO.
While the regeneration ( I realize how often 6 seconds comes around...) and the additional critical % is a very nice buff, being that I still have lower attack (unbuffed), and for grindings' sake, I need the extra +6 damage ring. This allows me to have a nice edge on the new mobs. Maybe my mind will change once I get a RoLS. I make enough gold on my journeys battling/grinding to support my bonemeal addiction and some, especially with the new mobs on Blackwater Mountain. Don't misunderstand me, it is not a useless item and I am not trying to downplay it. It is (in a Borat voice) "VERY NICE", but as for now the +6 damage ring suits my cause. ;)
Level: 45, Experience: 1656541, Gold: 47376, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
Hitpoints: 70, Attack chance: 197%, Attack damage: 29-30, Attack cost: 3, Critical hit chance: 20%, Critical multiplier: 3, Block chance: 30%, Damage resistance: 0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Currently I am equipped with 2 +6 rings of damage and wouldn't dream of changing one of them until i get a ROLS. Util i get one its back to grinding.... grind grind grind... :|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

The one major flaw in your build is that over time the effect of adding to your AC goes down with every addition you make to it. After a point you would gain better effects by spreading out your points among other stats such as Defence, damage, and even adding to your HP.

I do agree with the idea that adding to your damage is very important and will always have a good effect on your player.

Just remember that you can't always hit first, and you can't always bank on killing them before they hit you.

tuner240

Post by tuner240 »

Pyrizzle wrote:The one major flaw in your build is that over time the effect of adding to your AC goes down with every addition you make to it. After a point you would gain better effects by spreading out your points among other stats such as Defence, damage, and even adding to your HP.

I do agree with the idea that adding to your damage is very important and will always have a good effect on your player.

Just remember that you can't always hit first, and you can't always bank on killing them before they hit you.
I agree, but only in part. I have developed my AC to the point that I won't advance it further in til I see a need to do so, as I know that any increase in percentage at this point gives me very little increase in useable AC, until stronger mobs are introduced into the game. Then it becomes even more useful.

I understand that I can't always hit first, in fact I anticipate that the mob will always get the first strike just to be safe. Unlike Tristan, I see the need for a decent pool of HP and know that the new mobs on Blackwater Mountain will make life very, well miserable. I have my pool set so that the strongest mobs can reduce my HP low enough that I can benefit from the full effect of a bonemeal potion when used, but without giving them the chance to hit me with their "worst case scenario" and kill my character.

And in giving up a "Ring of Damage +6" for the RoLS, I am loosing 6 damage per strike, making that 18 damage per turn (as I get three strikes with the venomous dagger) and even with the +5% higher crit rate, I would loose the additional 18 damage there as well on the crit hit without the ring. So, IMHO, for grinding and decimating the enemies, having two "rings of damage +6" is more beneficial to killing mobs, and since I have to heal fairly constantly, I have a use for my gold :) , spending it on bonemeal potions.

EDIT- I also what to say that I am NOT saying this is the perfect way to go about leveling/building your character, but for me this works very well.
Hitpoints: 70, Attack chance: 197%, Attack damage: 29-30, Attack cost: 3, Critical hit chance: 20%, Critical multiplier: 3, Block chance: 30%, Damage resistance: 0
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

I agree. If I sold all my useless items (I have 800+ Iron Swords that sell for 60+ gold I think and near 2500 Rubies just to name some of the ridiculousness) I'd probably have 350-400k gold, and there hasn't been one thing to buy since the update except Bonemeal. I actually don't sell my items, because I don't want to spend the time to do it if I don't need the cash (and, like I said earlier, in case I need to trade 800 Iron Swords to the Heartsteel guy for the ability to forge a bunch of my items together wink wink). Bonemeal is there for a reason. If I can spend only 5 AP once only every X rounds to not have to dump a ton of experience into certain stats I think that's a darn good deal. (Are we allowed to swear here? I wanted to use the homonym for the things beavers build, but I already got reprimanded once for something else.)
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

idk the addition of health from the ring makes it so i wouldnt have to use potions as often and the boost in attack is always useful and can make you more likely to hit. Also the loss of points to damage would only be 3 not 6 since the ROLS does add 3 to damage. The boost to critical chance also makes it easier t hit things for massive amounts of damage which can be the same as in hitting it twice. IDK until i get one wither or not i will use it, for now i am just enjoying the grind trying to get one.
Stats:
ROLS:
Category: Wearable (ring)
Attack chance: 15%
Attack damage: 3
Critical chance: 5%
Actor condition: Regeneration (heals 1 HP every 6 seconds)

tuner240

Post by tuner240 »

Pyrizzle wrote:idk the addition of health from the ring makes it so i wouldnt have to use potions as often and the boost in attack is always useful and can make you more likely to hit. Also the loss of points to damage would only be 3 not 6 since the ROLS does add 3 to damage. The boost to critical chance also makes it easier t hit things for massive amounts of damage which can be the same as in hitting it twice. IDK until i get one wither or not i will use it, for now i am just enjoying the grind trying to get one.
Stats:
ROLS:
Category: Wearable (ring)
Attack chance: 15%
Attack damage: 3
Critical chance: 5%
Actor condition: Regeneration (heals 1 HP every 6 seconds)
I didn't realize the RoLS gave the AD of +3. My apologies on incorrect math...lol. But I still stand by the much needed extra damage from the Ring of Damage +6 (in this case only +3 when compared to the RoLS , but since I am starting to get up there in the levels (40+), the RoLS is starting to look better and better as my character has adequate AD to compensate fort he loss; just have to nab one though... ;).
cloudrain1

Post by cloudrain1 »

I wonder when I can get this legen. item. I started hunting it from lvl 24. Now I have lvl 28, still no luck.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Lvl: 28, XP: 390965, Gold: 8522, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
HP: 60, AC: 176%, AD: 20-21, AP: 3, CC: 20%, CM: 3, BC: 12%