Equipment - The Good and The Bad

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
qasur

Equipment - The Good and The Bad

Post by qasur »

What are the better equipments in the game to use that are not legendary and/or rare? Please include some Boss-drops.

I've been trying to figure out what is a good way to build my character, but I'm not certain. I have been utilizing the 1 Damage Prevention equipments lately, but I don't know if that's actually better than trying to go with high-Block Chance ones instead.

My current setup right now at LVL 17 is:
Fine Leather Cap (BC 6%)
Stone Cuirass (BC 22%, DR 1, AP 2)
Irogotu's Necklace (BC 5%, DR 1)
Strong Wooden Tower Shield (BC 14%, AC -8%)
Jinxed Ring of Damage Resistance (BC -9%, DR 1)
Fine Snakeskin Gloves (BC 6%)
Unzel's Defensive Boots (BC 8%)

Because of the Stone Cuirass's 2-AP requirement, I can't swing any weapon more than once (save that one dagger from Fallhaven). So, I'm using Heavy Iron Club (AP 8, AC 15%, Dmg 2-11, Crit 5%, Crit Multiplier 3).

I don't know what are the overall best things to do, but I've tried to get BC and AC up each level, but have recently decided to focus on just AC (having a harder time hitting gargoyles while trying to find the awesome Ring). I use the Damage Ring of +6 as my other ring, but I also carry the AC +15% ring as well (sometimes have to switch during combats with Gargoyles versus every other creature).

Any help in general on a direction to take would be worthwhile to try.

Thanks!
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Equipment - The Good and The Bad

Post by Pyrizzle »

I'd recomend going to Vileguard (far west) and compleating those quests as soon as you can so you can get the better items such as the chain mail.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

Pyrizzle wrote:
I'd recomend going to Vileguard (far west) and compleating those quests as soon as you can so you can get the better items such as the chain mail.

That is not correct
Vileguard is to the EAST
Ha Ha, Made you look.
qasur

Post by qasur »

I have Chain Mail unlocked, but back to question: is it better than having the Stone Cuirass?
ArcAngL

Post by ArcAngL »

Its much better. Anything that takes away AP is garbage imo.
Level: 34
Experience: 689808
AP Cost: 3
Atk Chance: 146%
Atk Damage: 20-21
Crit Chance: 25%
Crit Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 51%

Updated: 4/15/11
Droid X 2.3.3 Gingerbread (Leaked "official" non-rooted manual install )
Cervando

Post by Cervando »

I focus on hitting my enemies and crit damage. Thus, I can often one shot many enemies before they can even hit me. When comparing items, I work out how many levels it would take me to get the stats and generally go with the one that grants me the most levels. The chainmail is MUCH better than the stone cuirass.
Level 40, AP 3, AC 195%, AD 21-22, CC 25%, CM 3, BC 60%, HP 60, 945 rocks, RoLS 1, RoL 0, ElyR 0

OR

Level 40, AP 2, AC 170%, AD 27, CC 0%, CM 0, BC 40%, HP 40, 945 rocks, RoLS 1, RoL 0, ElyR 0
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

qasur wrote:What are the better equipments in the game to use that are not legendary and/or rare? Please include some Boss-drops.

I've been trying to figure out what is a good way to build my character, but I'm not certain. I have been utilizing the 1 Damage Prevention equipments lately, but I don't know if that's actually better than trying to go with high-Block Chance ones instead.

My current setup right now at LVL 17 is:
Fine Leather Cap (BC 6%)
Stone Cuirass (BC 22%, DR 1, AP 2)
Irogotu's Necklace (BC 5%, DR 1)
Jinxed Ring of Damage Resistance (BC -9%, DR 1)
Fine Snakeskin Gloves (BC 6%)

Because of the Stone Cuirass's 2-AP requirement, I can't swing any weapon more than once (save that one dagger from Fallhaven). So, I'm using Heavy Iron Club (AP 8, AC 15%, Dmg 2-11, Crit 5%, Crit Multiplier 3).

I don't know what are the overall best things to do, but I've tried to get BC and AC up each level, but have recently decided to focus on just AC (having a harder time hitting gargoyles while trying to find the awesome Ring). I use the Damage Ring of +6 as my other ring, but I also carry the AC +15% ring as well (sometimes have to switch during combats with Gargoyles versus every other creature).

Any help in general on a direction to take would be worthwhile to try.

Thanks!
They way I look at it, your objective in battles is to kill as many monsters as possible, therefore, you want to kill them as quickly as possible. With the Jewel of Fallhaven and the venomous dagger, you can get in three attacks on each turn, and You have a good chance to get a critical hit. I focused most of my level-ups on AD early, and now mostly on AC. I've improved my defense mostly with equipment. Like you I have Unzels boots and the strong tower sheild. Just today I finally accumulated enough gold to purchase ordinary chain mail. Overall I'm pretty happy with my current balance between AC and BC. I'm able to operate for quite a while in the gargoyle cave. My AD levels are just right so that 3 regular hits or 1 crit will take out the trainers, masters, and gargolyes. For rings, I use the +6 damage ring and the ring of surehit for 15% AC.

My only question is regarding gloves. I've been using the gloves of better grip. (+9% AC, +1% BC) My other choice is the fine gloves of swift attack. (+17% AC, -9% BC) Overall, I think the GoBG are better, but after improving my BC with the chainmail, I may go back and try the FGoSA to see how they fare. I think either of these two are better than the fine snakeskin gloves, unless you have very high AC and need BC very badly.

I didn't stop to figure your overall stats, but I would imagine that your AC is quite a bit lower and your BC quite a bit higher than mine. I would guess you have a lot of long battles with the monsters in the gargoyle cave. I personally like my setup better, as I either finish them off fairly quickly, or if I die, I just reload. I save every 2-3 kills depending on the loot drop.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

Here is what I use ...

Blackwater Leather Armour,
Blackwater Leather Cap,
Irogotu's Necklace,
Reinforced Boots,
Fine Swift Attack Gloves,
Blackwater Ring of Combat,
Ring of Damage +6,
Blackwater Iron Sword,
Strong Wooden Tower Shield

See below for equipped stats.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
BeastlyChicken

Post by BeastlyChicken »

Go check out the highscores thread http://andors.techby2guys.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=327
You'll see a common connection between the higher level players. High attack chance, high attack damage, low AP and lower block chance.
My stats are in my sig and work great for me!
Level: 47
XP: 1885841
Gold: 277664
Equipped stats
HP:50
AP:14
AC: 244%
AD: 32-42
CC: 21%
CM: 3
BC: 80%
RoLS: 2
SR: 3440
qasur

Post by qasur »

I have the update to 0.6.9, but I have stayed away from Blackwater right now. Really, it's the stocking up on Bonemeals and the long trek over there that is tedious. (This game really needs like some teleport stones or something). But anyways, here's the new setup without Blackwater stuff available to me yet:

Hardened Leather Cap (AC -2%, BC 7%)
Ordinary Chain Mail (BC 22%, AC -5%)
Jewel Of Fallhaven (AP Costs -1)
Ring of Damage +6 (DMG +6)
Ring of Damage +5 (DMG +5)
Fine Gloves Of Swift Attack (AC 17%, BC -9%)
Steel Sword (AC 24%, AP 3, DMG 3-7

Only reason for the +5 ring... was too lazy to save up over another 1000 gold just to get +1 more damage. I've been spending hours searching for RoLS, so I'd assume to replace the +5 one with it once I find it anyways.

I was carrying Fine Skin Gloves (BC 6%) and the FGoSA just to test them, and I found that I was just hitting for more damage much easier with the Swift gloves. The extra BC of 6 is really more like +15% (when you take away the -9% from the Swift gloves), and it was an improvement. Gargoyles and Masters and the like hit me every 3 attacks. Now, it's about 2 out of 3 attacks.

Overall, my character's stats are:
LVL 21
HP 50
AC 126%
AD 19-23
BC 51%

I think I put level'd points into HP (obviously) early on, then damage. Then, like others, I looked at what equipment I could buy to increase those same stats via leveling, and saw a +6 DMG ring (which is equivalent to +6 levels), so I stopped doing increasing damage when I leveled and decided that Attack Chace +5% was just better. With Jewel Of Fallhaven and getting 3 swings with the sword, the Higher AC has been best. I'm about to level again, but I'm probably going to go with +5 HP. I'm potion-wasting about 4-5HP when I use Bonemeals because of critical attacks. Having 60HP is probably good as it'll allow you to take a bunch of hits down to 15-20 HP, then Bonemeal without wasted healing.