Well... I made a mistake and stuck

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Karvis

Well... I made a mistake and stuck

Post by Karvis »

I took many bonemeal potions, meat and so on and began journey to Blackwater mountain. I rested in that abandomed house in snowy mountains, and later when used all HP add items, died. So I'm again in than abandomed house without anything... Journey forward is madness, go back... as well. Aulaeths are a piece of cake, but wyrms are pain in the ... If I'm lucky each battle with wyrm takes 25-35 HP from me, so I must go back to that house and rest. And so on and so on...
I see two possibilities: start new game or lvlup "with Aulaeths" at least 5-10 levels and try again reach civilization :D. Maybe there is a hidden patch (I saw locked door in that house basement)?. Any ideas what to do? :) Thx :)

My stats:
LVL 18
HP: 55
AP:10
attack cost: 3
attack chance 109%
attack damage 22-26
block chance: 48%
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Well... I made a mistake and stuck

Post by Sarumar »

Karvis wrote:I took many bonemeal potions, meat and so on and began journey to Blackwater mountain. I rested in that abandomed house in snowy mountains, and later when used all HP add items, died. So I'm again in than abandomed house without anything... Journey forward is madness, go back... as well. Aulaeths are a piece of cake, but wyrms are pain in the ... If I'm lucky each battle with wyrm takes 25-35 HP from me, so I must go back to that house and rest. And so on and so on...
I see two possibilities: start new game or lvlup "with Aulaeths" at least 5-10 levels and try again reach civilization :D. Maybe there is a hidden patch (I saw locked door in that house basement)?. Any ideas what to do? :) Thx :)

My stats:
LVL 18

attack chance 109%
attack damage 22-26
Sorry, i can see only one solution. Lvlup and go back, you need more potions
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
ňíğęł ţůfňęłł

Post by ňíğęł ţůfňęłł »

If you can make it back to Prim,
you can talk to the Prim Cook at the Inn and do the quest where you gain access to the bed there
to sleep. The wolves and hounds are not as hard and give off a lot of meat. The Vicious Hounds (light gray) are easier.
So I'm again in than abandomed house without anything... Journey forward is madness, go back... as well.
One strategy I use is to save after every time you hit an enemy and load if you don't - and load if they get a critical hit or several hits. It takes a while but you can use it to make it to a different place with minimal healing measures.

I use a Steel sword [24% 3-7], 2 rings of damage +6, Strong wooden tower shield, ordinary chainmail, Hardened leather cap, fine gloves of swift attack, Vacor's boots of attack, and Jewel of Fallhaven (Attack cost -1) which allows me to attack 3 times.
I focused on increasing my attack % and am now at level 33, A%180, damage 21-25, block 45%. I usually plow through enemies and save before the first hit to make sure I get it.
I'm sure there are better ways to arm up but this has worked great for me for the last 10-15 levels and it's only been a few days since I was around your level.

Hope that helps!
Karvis

Post by Karvis »

Thank You all for reply.
LOL, I never used save button, and now found it for the first time :D. I thought the load button in main menu is still under development :D.
Anyway, it's good that Aulaeths sometimes drops healing potions (meanwile I managed to collect 5). After 10-15 I will try to go back. If that will not work, then I will try that save/load tactic.
Thx again for your help.
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

I'm impressed! You made it to level 18 without ever using the save button??? I'd probably still be back around 10 (or less) without it.

As someone else here said... save early, save often!!!
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

2Karvis:
Interesting story. ;-)
ňíğęł ţůfňęłł wrote:If you can make it back to Prim,
you can talk to the Prim Cook at the Inn and do the quest where you gain access to the bed there
to sleep.
I don't think this will work, because he needs
milk
for that. He can get
milk
only in
fallheaven
currently... :)
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
desmondageratte

Post by desmondageratte »

Karvis wrote:I took many bonemeal potions, meat and so on and began journey to Blackwater mountain. I rested in that abandomed house in snowy mountains, and later when used all HP add items, died. So I'm again in than abandomed house without anything... Journey forward is madness, go back... as well. Aulaeths are a piece of cake, but wyrms are pain in the ... If I'm lucky each battle with wyrm takes 25-35 HP from me, so I must go back to that house and rest. And so on and so on...

My stats:
LVL 18
attack chance 109%
attack damage 22-26

Yeah I almost made that mistake when exploring the new maps. Luckily I still have some old quest not finished so decided not to rest in the house. The wyrm is really pain in the butt for the time being.
Last edited by nyktos on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited for content
taws34

Post by taws34 »

Pyrizzle wrote:
Good luck man! I hope you can make it back to safety. I was just about to head up the mountian but i think i am gonna harvest a bunch extra meats just in case.

1 Meat = 12 HP, sells for 34 gold.
2 Meat = 24 HP, sells for 68 gold

1 Bonemeal = 40 HP, costs 51 gold.

It is more cost effective to sell meat and buy bonemeal :)
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

What taws34 said!
I've been selling meat, gems, and swords to buy Bonemeal forever. I never go anywhere without at least 1,000 Bonemeal potions.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

taws34 wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:
Good luck man! I hope you can make it back to safety. I was just about to head up the mountian but i think i am gonna harvest a bunch extra meats just in case.

1 Meat = 12 HP, sells for 34 gold.
2 Meat = 24 HP, sells for 68 gold

1 Bonemeal = 40 HP, costs 51 gold.

It is more cost effective to sell meat and buy bonemeal :)
I unlocked the bonemeal potions the day after my post. Now i will not go anywhere without at least 200+ on me. All my spare cash has been pumped into buying potions so i can grind for the rols.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------