v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New beta for Andor's Trail v0.8.8 (Sutdover River)

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: New beta for Andor's Trail v0.8.8 (Sutdover River)

Post by Nut »

The aidem thieves just left the house saying it is too near to Fallhaven? This is a bug in the beta and will be fixed in the release.
At this point you would have got some gold and the quest ends.
Btw. Defy hangs around in the hideout and asks fir a key - this bug will be fixed too.

You might try other decisions, e.g. help Troublemaker. These should work.
Nut
MuraMaru
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by MuraMaru »

Nut wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:24 am The aidem thieves just left the house saying it is too near to Fallhaven? This is a bug in the beta and will be fixed in the release.
At this point you would have got some gold and the quest ends.
Btw. Defy hangs around in the hideout and asks fir a key - this bug will be fixed too.

You might try other decisions, e.g. help Troublemaker. These should work.
Thank you for the explanation
I Will go take another route then
So even if i betraying aidem ,there's no be some problem right?
“The Way I See It, Our Fates Appear To Be Intertwined„
“So, what do you say? Why not help one another on this lonely journey?”
Nut

Post by Nut »

If you betray Aidem, the quest should work without any bug.
Nut
oneofmanyacdcfans
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by oneofmanyacdcfans »

Interesting, so it let's you know you still need to put something else in it. I'll keep an eye out for others spots like this.

So I wanted to note a little thing that has been a small irritation. In the inventory screen, you can switch the organization view to show your items based upon several categories such as rarity, type, price, etc. I keep mine set on type. The problem is that whenever I pick up new items and go back to the screen, it still says everything is organized by type but my new things are at the bottom, not where they would be if it was actually set by type. Ideally, I'd love it of you could set it so that whenever it's set to type, all new items are automatically put where they should go inside the respectively selected organizational category..... if that isn't feasible, it should at least go back to saying Unsorted so that users know to reset it to their chosen organization.

Lastly, a feature request: could you add a 3x size display, so that on bigger screens (like my 10.1"), I could see more of the map around me? That would be freaken amazing!

I wish I could help develop for this, but I don't have a computer right now. Even once I get one it'll be a huge learning curve. I am a repair technician by trade, not a coder. But I'd love to do both!
Let There Be Rock!!!
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

oneofmanyacdcfans wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:09 pm
Lastly, a feature request: could you add a 3x size display, so that on bigger screens (like my 10.1"), I could see more of the map around me? That would be freaken amazing!
Short answer, no. That is not something supported by the game engine and would require a lot of work to do (if it's even possible).
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
MC Angel
android_version: 5.0

Post by MC Angel »

Just want to know is there an ETA on getting access to Feygard, Brightport, or Nor City?
Antison

Post by Antison »

No, there is not. The only one of those cities that is actively being worked on is Brightport. And that is by someone in the community.

Please remember, this is a volunteer project. We all are working on things that we want to work on.
Do you want to help?
oneofmanyacdcfans
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by oneofmanyacdcfans »

Question: is background music and or sound effects on the table for development at some point? If someone wanted to work on that, would it be welcomed?
Let There Be Rock!!!
Antison

Post by Antison »

The development team decided not to add sound affects and music at this time. Instead, we are focusing our limited time on developing new content. We may add sound in the future, but don't count on it.

The direct answer to your question is no not really. If the author of the music left the project, then we have no person to support it. We are very reluctant to include any kind of sound.
NewbNewb

Post by NewbNewb »

Hi, so I just played the recent Beta and I greatly appreciate the use of the sprites. I also noticed that most of it doesn't have shadows. I can still change and add the missing shadows, if that is still possible. Since its still in beta. Specially the monster they blend to the environment.
Sorry I was just really busy with my Thesis for the last few months.