Blackwater vs Prim

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
tuner240

Re: Blackwater vs Prim

Post by tuner240 »

There is another potion available to you in Blackwater that you didn't speak of,
The potion that removes the Fatigue inflicted by the Wyrms ...
EDITED SPOILER (Sorry, i was very tired when I wrote that, and I misconstrued my thoughts.)
Level: 45, Experience: 1656541, Gold: 47376, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
Hitpoints: 70, Attack chance: 197%, Attack damage: 29-30, Attack cost: 3, Critical hit chance: 20%, Critical multiplier: 3, Block chance: 30%, Damage resistance: 0
Cervando

Post by Cervando »

tuner240 wrote:There is another potion available to you in Blackwater that you didn't speak of,
EDITED SPOILER (Sorry, i was very tired when I wrote that, and I misconstrued my thoughts.)
Lol, no problem but I did wonder. Note it's available whichever settlement you support.
Level 40, AP 3, AC 195%, AD 21-22, CC 25%, CM 3, BC 60%, HP 60, 945 rocks, RoLS 1, RoL 0, ElyR 0

OR

Level 40, AP 2, AC 170%, AD 27, CC 0%, CM 0, BC 40%, HP 40, 945 rocks, RoLS 1, RoL 0, ElyR 0
Tyler1750

Post by Tyler1750 »

I went through the whole cave twice at level 16. I spent about 25 meat each time.
pariah

Post by pariah »

After reading through this.....

Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuu.......

Should have gone Blackwater. And i've saved over my option to start anew.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I strongly recommend that anyone reading this who hasn't chosen a side, split off into 2 separate save games so you can try both, as they both have pros and cons. Also, always kill the enemy king for drop items.

But if you already went with Prim and don't want to start all over again (I wouldn't ), make the most of it and stock up on speed potions and maybe a few poison antidotes.

And you can still start some of the side quests in blackwater mountain town even if you side w/prim.

You can also start side quests in Prim if you side with blackwater mountain.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
tuner240

Post by tuner240 »

Cervando wrote:
tuner240 wrote:There is another potion available to you in Blackwater that you didn't speak of,
Lol, no problem but I did wonder. Note it's available whichever settlement you support.
Being that I did not create an alternate game save to discover Prim, I give my apologies for assuming that only Blackwater had them. :oops: And I took the peaceful route in dealing with the king... Doing so was a little too easy if you ask me. There should have been more work associated with the "peaceful resolution" imo.
Hitpoints: 70, Attack chance: 197%, Attack damage: 29-30, Attack cost: 3, Critical hit chance: 20%, Critical multiplier: 3, Block chance: 30%, Damage resistance: 0
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

I did a split save game so I could try both. I started with Prim, because I assumed I'd end up going Blackwater. Almost finished the Prim side. (I got to see the shops and that have absolutely nothing of value- never used any of the potions much. I tried the one that cures fatigue, but it doesn't offer immunity for the remainder of the battle, and as soon as you get hit again it's back. Plus, if you're going to waste 5 AP on a potion it should be a Bonemeal Potion) I still had the forged papers to use, but you get to do that part no matter which side you pick, when I died without a save anywhere in the process (I was super caught up in the game and forgot). I figured I saw all I needed to see and went with Blackwater. BW also has absolutely nothing of value. I am still exclusively using all items and potions I had before this update.

As for the BW items that give you BW Misery:
With my old stuff on I had AC: 209%, D: 21-25, BC: 51%, DR: 0
With Blackwater stuff I had AC: 195%, D 15-26, BC: 74%, DR: 1

Basically I gave up 14% AC and 6 minimum damage to gain 1 max damage, 23% BC and 1 DR. I personally believe AC is where it's at, especially with good minimum damage and 3 swings a round. Like I said in another thread, the only item, Legendary or otherwise, that I'd put on over what I have now is the Elytharan Redeemer.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Supernova

Post by Supernova »

Hello to everybody...

As for me I went Blackwater, just because they seemed to have better shops :shock: .
Yet, I have a doubt about the Blackwater items.
I gained during my wandering the Blackwater Iron sword which is supposed to give +50% attack chance and +5% defence chance. My unequipped stats are 109% AC and 64% DC, when I equip the sword I still have 109% AC while I correctly have 69% DC. Is it a bug or I am missing something??
Also all the Blackwater items have the Blackwater Suffering spell on them, what is that???

Thanks a lot!
tuner240

Post by tuner240 »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:I did a split save game so I could try both. I started with Prim, because I assumed I'd end up going Blackwater. Almost finished the Prim side. (I got to see the shops and that have absolutely nothing of value- never used any of the potions much. I tried the one that cures fatigue, but it doesn't offer immunity for the remainder of the battle, and as soon as you get hit again it's back. Plus, if you're going to waste 5 AP on a potion it should be a Bonemeal Potion) I still had the forged papers to use, but you get to do that part no matter which side you pick, when I died without a save anywhere in the process (I was super caught up in the game and forgot). I figured I saw all I needed to see and went with Blackwater. BW also has absolutely nothing of value. I am still exclusively using all items and potions I had before this update.
Agreed. There is really nothing of value to me in either if these villages, and the fatigue restoration potion is useless since the mobs that cause it have such a high chance to give it right back to you. You just have to fight through with the effect ailing you character, imo. If the potion was cheaper, it MIGHT be worth it...
Chest_Rockfield wrote:As for the BW items that give you BW Misery:
With my old stuff on I had AC: 209%, D: 21-25, BC: 51%, DR: 0
With Blackwater stuff I had AC: 195%, D 15-26, BC: 74%, DR: 1

Basically I gave up 14% AC and 6 minimum damage to gain 1 max damage, 23% BC and 1 DR. I personally believe AC is where it's at, especially with good minimum damage and 3 swings a round. Like I said in another thread, the only item, Legendary or otherwise, that I'd put on over what I have now is the Elytharan Redeemer.
These articles of armour and weapons that give your character the BW misery are just not worth wearing, at least for my character. The misery just does not out-weight the SLIGHT plus, as my AP means a lot to me and the technique I have going with my character.
Supernova wrote:Hello to everybody...

As for me I went Blackwater, just because they seemed to have better shops :shock: .
Yet, I have a doubt about the Blackwater items.
I gained during my wandering the Blackwater Iron sword which is supposed to give +50% attack chance and +5% defence chance. My unequipped stats are 109% AC and 64% DC, when I equip the sword I still have 109% AC while I correctly have 69% DC. Is it a bug or I am missing something??
Also all the Blackwater items have the Blackwater Suffering spell on them, what is that???

Thanks a lot!
I am pretty sure this reduces your total AP.
Last edited by tuner240 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

The second part you quoted I think you misunderstood. I just put those items on to see what the totals would be. After getting the numbers for comparison I immediately took them off concluding they were garbage. I do not wear BW items.

The third part you quoted me as saying I did not say... That was Supernova.

Also, to Supernova, there is more than just a loss of 50% AC from the "Blackwater Misery". It hits other stats too, but I don't remember what and how much. Someone on here knows exactly though, I've seen it posted, hopefully they'll be kind enough to repost it here. The change/loss to the most important stats was enough for me to give up on those items.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+