v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Looking for some gameplay advice

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Cervando

Re: Looking for some gameplay advice

Post by Cervando »

No, all you find in Flagstaff that is useful is the Sword of Flagstaff and a Ring of block which drop from bosses every time.
The RoLS drops from the Gargoyle trainers inside a cave. To find the cave head east from the inn with the guard outside and look for an anklebiter guarding a path in the woods. Head north to next screen to find cave and prepare to kill a lot of trainers to get ring ;p
Level 40, AP 3, AC 195%, AD 21-22, CC 25%, CM 3, BC 60%, HP 60, 945 rocks, RoLS 1, RoL 0, ElyR 0

OR

Level 40, AP 2, AC 170%, AD 27, CC 0%, CM 0, BC 40%, HP 40, 945 rocks, RoLS 1, RoL 0, ElyR 0
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Slaine wrote:
Rory Mac wrote:Am I missing something? I don't see any reason to travel back to Vilegard once I have solved the three quests. Is there something there worth fighting / looking for? Someone mentioned...
...looking for the RoLS, but I thought that was dropped in Flagstone???
& you would be wrong...
Czar Kloos wrote:Ya its not flagstone buddy
Cervando wrote:No, all you find in Flagstaff that is useful is the Sword of Flagstaff and a Ring of block which drop from bosses every time.
The RoLS drops from the Gargoyle trainers inside a cave. To find the cave head east from the inn with the guard outside and look for an anklebiter guarding a path in the woods. Head north to next screen to find cave and prepare to kill a lot of trainers to get ring ;p
One should add that it's not Flagstone where he can find the ring. :D :D :D
For further details about the RoLS you may look here.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

Thanks everyone. I found the cave but I'm not quite strong enough to hang out and do much grinding there. Took me 30+ meats and 3 bonemeals to get in, kill the guy in the throne room, and get out. I need to accumulate enough gold to get the +6 damage ring before I can spend some serious time in there looking for RoLS.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

Better yet, two +6 damage rings. The trainers and masters have 5 points of damage resistance, which subtracts from your damage potential. Once you have around 25 attack damage, you can kill them in two (successful) hits, which usually means one turn. If you can attack first, they never get a chance to hit back. This cuts down your potion/meat usage tremendously. It doesn't exactly hurt against the new monsters, either. The two best places to accumulate loot/gold are the snake cave and Flagstone if you are strong enough.
It is always good to have a bed to rest in as you travel back and forth to sell your loot from the trainers and masters while they respawn in the gargoyle cave. Every time you can rest you are saving meat/potions. Also, don't use a bonemeal potion when a regular potion of health will do. That wastes healing points (and money) that you may need more later.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

lady black wrote:Better yet, two +6 damage rings. The trainers and masters have 5 points of damage resistance, which subtracts from your damage potential. Once you have around 25 attack damage, you can kill them in two (successful) hits, which usually means one turn. If you can attack first, they never get a chance to hit back. This cuts down your potion/meat usage tremendously. It doesn't exactly hurt against the new monsters, either. The two best places to accumulate loot/gold are the snake cave and Flagstone if you are strong enough.
It is always good to have a bed to rest in as you travel back and forth to sell your loot from the trainers and masters while they respawn in the gargoyle cave. Every time you can rest you are saving meat/potions. Also, don't use a bonemeal potion when a regular potion of health will do. That wastes healing points (and money) that you may need more later.
Just a thought, if you have at least 60 HP and can survive on average 3 trainers per bonemeal potion you are MUCH better off selling your meat and particularly your regular potions and using the money to buy bonemeal potions. consider 10 HP for a regular potion, which sells for 33 gold and 40 HP per bonemeal which you buy for 51, even at a 2 to 1 ratio (which it's better than) your still doubling the amount of possible HP your gaining.

Even if you heal when you only need 30 HP to hit full your still going to save money in the long run. For the cost to benefit ratio there is literally no reason to use anything but bonemeal.

~D

P.S. you should have at least 60 HP anyways when fighting the trainers, as they can theoretically hit you for 32 damage per round and have done so or come very close on numerous occasions for me. 70 is the optimum number for trainers, 30+40 HP to play with per bonemeal. Heal anytime you dip below 32 HP and you should never ever die short of getting ganged up on.
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

But in the gargoyle cave the trainers and masters drop so many regular potions of health that I never use a bonemeal potion, and have accumulated just about a thousand additional health potions since I raised my attack damage above 24. Why not use them when you get them free? And save your bonemeal potions for the Backwater Mountain area!
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
slayer
android_version: 4.0

Post by slayer »

Well if you don't need the gold from selling the regular health potions, there's no reason not to use them. But if you're not rich, you get a better return from selling the regular health potions and buying bonemeal potions.

When I first started grinding in the gargoyle dungeon, I used the dropped potions to supplement my bonemeals, so that I could stay in dungeon longer. But I wasn't making enough gold on the jewel drops to sustain my bonemeal purchases. I'd have to take a trip over to fallhaven to stock up on gold. By selling the dropped potions, I was making enough gold to buy the bonemeals I needed.
slayer

Lvl: 152, XP: 64525939, Gold: 2095292, HP: 219
AC: 400%, AD: 52-68, AP: 12/4, BC 254%, DR: 3
CS: 2 QL: 22 IF: 2 REGEN: 1 MF :8 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1 OHSP: 1 LAP: 1

RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 5, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 2