Can I be SURE that new items will get placed at the bottom of the inventory?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
gbro
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Can I be SURE that new items will get placed at the bottom of the inventory?

Post by gbro »

As per the topic, can I rely, and be COMPLETELY confident that newly found items (not already present in the inventory) dropped by a monster or collected will get placed at the bottom of the inventory, until I reload the game or meddle with the inventory?

I ask because I was considering speeding up the search of a RoLS and other rare items even more, by changing the "Display monster loot" option to a value that never displays the dialog.
AND, I'd do that while employing a sweep-and-reload tactic, so I'd need to very quickly check the inventory before reloading, and be relatively confident that I'm not throwing away a finally-found-RoLS :?

So, that definitely does seem to be the behavior of the game, at least in the current version, but I'd need to be sure that it always, inevitably is.

(I know that doing that would deprive me of the moment of finally seeing a RoLS in the loot dialog, and knowing what monster's soul to thank :D - that's indeed something that might make me deter from using this tactic, but I'm still not sure, maybe I'd do a bit of both... 🧐)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Can I be SURE that new items will get placed at the bottom of the inventory?

Post by Antison »

Yes
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
gbro

Re: Can I be SURE that new items will get placed at the bottom of the inventory?

Post by gbro »

Antison wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:38 pmYes
That's what I call a straight answer, thanks :D
gbro

Post by gbro »

By the way, notwithstanding this, in the end I thought it might be better to empty the inventory while doing that, to minimize the chances of not seeing the item (+ to eliminate even that slowing-down scrolling from your routine :mrgreen: )

I guess you could do it either by dropping everything to a container (but it might be far from the grinding spot) or simply everything on the floor, if it stays there unaltered until the end of the grinding; I'll have to check that.

An alternative I had considered was to set your inventory to list only the rare item's category (e.g. Jewelry), but unfortunately that setting doesn't get saved in the save files, you'd have to set it after every load :( (after having verified that the item does really get placed in that category)
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Lam al Adie »

I usually drop everything before entering the temple (after I passed the last gargoyle). So my inventory is empty and I can see everything in it without scrolling.
And you will find the drop in your recent combat-history, so you can check, which of the last trainers/masters to thank for you precious.
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1
gbro

Post by gbro »

Lam al Adie wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:01 am I usually drop everything before entering the temple (after I passed the last gargoyle). So my inventory is empty and I can see everything in it without scrolling.
Well I tried to empty it but it looked like it would have taken more time than finding a RoLS :mrgreen: So for that session I just kept on scrolling, maybe I'll try that the next time ;)
And no miss Kondo I'm NOT going to only keep the stuff I love 😤

Lam al Adie wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:01 am And you will find the drop in your recent combat-history, so you can check, which of the last trainers/masters to thank for you precious.
Oh great advice!!
That doesn't replace seeing the ring in the loot dialog though, but I actually stopped caring about it because things get so much faster with the dialog disabled...

Anyhow, I killed about 3000 trainers / masters in that RoLS session and I didn't get any yet, I got bored and I'll try again another time ;)
It certainly takes a lot of faith... 😏