v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New beta release v0.8.5 - Ratdom

Official news about Andor's Trail.
dhopkins1241
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Re: New beta release v0.8.5 - Ratdom

Post by dhopkins1241 »

I think I am finding the map helpful... since I am certain that I am missing part of the maze this may be a fantasy on my part.
aaron-fawcett
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by aaron-fawcett »

when is the new update coming out?
Aternix
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Aternix »

A talking rat? I would be willing to try and find it but I'd rather wait for the non-beta version. Although, a really long journey is good! :D
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

aaron-fawcett wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:09 pm when is the new update coming out?
When we have some testers.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Of course we have got already some feedback which is very valuable for us.
It is a rather big and complex release, so we give a bit more time for testing than usual. Maybe even some more players could try the beta - the more feedback the better will be the release.
Nut
Angrox

Post by Angrox »

Wow - what a wonderful side story to this already great game! Amazing how you adjusted the game mechanics to bring us this totally different experience! There had been rumours about this quest around for a while, given the unused exit in BMW - I'm rather overwhelmed and it took me quite a while to get through (4-5 hours).

Technically and storywise everything worked out fine for me, with one exception:
In the dark area (maps bottom left to the skeleton dance), the hero's movement was extremely slow - I restarted the phone a few times but it didn't improve. Also Android said the app hangs and asked if I wanted to wait or quit the app.

I explored the caves differently than Ijshua, who said he never needed the map after meeting Wart. In my case, I only found at Ward at the very end after visiting every other place - so the shields never helped me. Thus I vote for keeping the map -- they help for orientation to make at least some sense of where you are (which cave level). In the end I had to draw my own my by pen&paper - I could hardly have done this without the in-game map.

Some minor things:
  • After Clevred says he will join you, he's still in the room - maybe you could turn him into an inventory item?
  • In the library, after giving a book, it says "you gained an item" which I found confusing.
  • On visiting Audir the first time, he refused to sell me anything saying "you're not allowed back here". This also confused me and I wasted a lot of time searching elsewhere until I tried again.
And two more ideas:
  • Fraedo says "he was starving" - so maybe you would need to bring him some cheese to restore him - which would be difficult to smuggle into the prison..?
  • How about re-naming the skeleton mage to "Undead colonel Luthark"? It's always nice to meet an old acquaintance. :o
Thanks again - this is art!
Last edited by Angrox on Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nut

Post by Nut »

Thx for your trial and the many comments 8-)
5 hours is a good time to get through.

Let's have a look at your points:

In the dark area, did you set the quality filter off? We have heard rather often of such lagging issues, and after changing this setting, it was much better.

Clevred will join you only after you have left the house. And on return he immediatly hops into the bed again. Otherwise you might occupy 'his' bed...
Technically it's not possible to have him as item.

In the library you have gained an item in exchange for the book. I'll look into the dialogue if it could be made clearer.

Audir never allows anyone into his atelier. When you get this text, you didn't talk to Audir but tried to get into his private area.

Maybe it's already possible to help Fraedro, who knows?

Yes, it's always nice to meet old acquaintances. Lutharc is no mage, but maybe we find someone else? Burhczyd's new profession 8-) - unfortunately not possible for technical reasons.

Glad you like it
Nut
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Angrox wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:02 pm
  • In the library, after giving a book, it says "you gained an item" which I found confusing.
Which event is this? AFAIK I could only gain a quest item in library. No instance of any book.

Finally got the item. Thanks to Angrox for the hint :D
Screenshot_20230318-194438~2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angrox

Post by Angrox »

Thanks for your quick reply :)
Nut wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:55 pm In the dark area, did you set the quality filter off? We have heard rather often of such lagging issues, and after changing this setting, it was much better.
Yes, this nails it! After switchen the quality filter off, everything goes as expected - also I don't notice any improvements with the filter. By the contrary: With the filter, the hero is somehow flickering while moving. Maybe one should entirely remove the option, or disable it by default?
Nut

Post by Nut »

Yes, we are going to set it to off by default
Nut