v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Skills buyback

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Strad1975
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Skills buyback

Post by Strad1975 »

I would think a skills "buy back" would be nice. It would be nice to be able to try different builds by being able to change our skills. I understand that anyone can make a new toon and try builds like that, but, it feels a little defeating to have to farm some L/E items to try to build around/use every time I want to do such a thing. It shouldn't be "cheap" to buy back skills, but not overly expensive either. Maybe make it a lvl based price. Example $1000/lvl (idk, just throwing out #'s). Also, thanks for a great and entertaining game!
toramal
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Skills buyback

Post by toramal »

I support it! I pumped the "weapon + shield", and due to the lack of normal shields in the game "imbalance" it is paired, I also want to remove 2 skills from the weapon and transfer them to "paired".
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Sorry, but no. This has come up many times and rejected every time. AT is a game of choices and consequences.
The most important skills do not come available to you until you reach level 30 and complete Charwood. This is for our reason.
It is by this point in the game you should have a good idea of what you want your character to be.

A lot of people will create a "base" character and then start making several saves off of this base to branch off into different directions in different build types
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Skills are anyways least interesting (and honestly useless) to even bother with this option. All you receive is an increase in AC, BC, DR under different skill categories. Same can be done through individual level up points.

I always avoid spending points in skills till levelling up becomes very difficult due to XP requirements. You should save the game at this point and create a back up. Now try any skill you desire. Restore the save for different experiences w/ starting from Level 1.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:49 am Skills are anyways least interesting (and honestly useless) to even bother with this option. All you receive is an increase in AC, BC, DR under different skill categories. Same can be done through individual level up points.
Nonsense. There are a lot of great skills out there. Some go beyond the stats that you listed.
Increased fortitude
Taunt
Corpse eater
Regeneration
Evasion

The heavy armor proficiency skill is a must-have if you want to go with heavy armor.
toramal
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by toramal »

[

The heavy armor proficiency skill is a must-have if you want to go with heavy armor.
[/quote]

But at the same time, "traveler's boots" give a 25 chance of a block, and are considered light. and only 12 Heavy ones (and I haven't seen Extraordinary gauntlet boots yet)
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Antison wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:40 am Nonsense. There are a lot of great skills out there. Some go beyond the stats that you listed.
I am saying based on utility vs costs. Each point takes 4 levels of XP investment. Fortitude is the only skill worth investing as 1 point alone gives good results. Rest of the skills require more points to be interesting or useful. And I am not spending more on some regen or taunt gimmick, when I can boost my AC, BC significantly for the same. Also equipment and potions are available as better replacement to some of those skills.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

That is a nice thing with Andor's Trail - everyone can play like he wants. There are pros and cons to most things and so there is not only one right way to play.
Nut
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Osho wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:49 am Skills are anyways least interesting (and honestly useless) to even bother with this option. All you receive is an increase in AC, BC, DR under different skill categories. Same can be done through individual level up points.
That's not true. Many skills give you something other than just AC, BC, DR (especially if you consider that level ups give you a static amount even of those, whereas skills can give you a multiplier).
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison

Post by Antison »

toramal wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:03 pm [

But at the same time, "traveler's boots" give a 25 chance of a block, and are considered light. and only 12 Heavy ones (and I haven't seen Extraordinary gauntlet boots yet)
[/quote]
The Globetrotter boots are overpowered and they are such for a reason. I wish they weren't OP, but they are there for a reason
What are gauntlet boots?