v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

"multi-offers"

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
toramal
android_version: 11 - Android 11

"multi-offers"

Post by toramal »

1. Teleports. I propose to put them in each (or almost in each), in order to save time. Sometimes it just makes you angry when you have to go from one city to another TWICE, because "pass the letter" and "oh, did you pass it? thank you."
1.1 Teleportation Scrolls . sold in *place* they are not too expensive and allow you to teleport directly from the current point to the city indicated on the scroll.

2. Extraordinary items. Sometimes it seems to me that the chance of them is somewhere 0.000001% and this is very small, so I suggest several solutions.
2.1. the drop chance increases after each kill. For example: the chance is 0.0001% you killed 1000 enemies and the chance has risen every time and is now 0.1% (every enemy killed increases the chance by the base% that is 0.0001+ 0.0001 and so on)
2.2. The talent that increases the chance increases from 0.0001 to 0.0002 (doubles the increase).
2.3. A potion that is activated in the dungeon not for "moves" but for "fights" and makes the respawn of enemies VERY fast, thereby you will not have to wait for 2-3 enemies for real weeks that "someday" will appear. As soon as the item has dropped out, the chance is "reset" to the initial one.

3. Potions. At the current level (mine is almost 50), all sorts of "+ 40 accuracy for 1-4 moves) are USELESS, you can miss 20 times and at the same time spend OD to drink a potion that you spent on and get nothing, I suggest this option OR increase the number of potion moves or binding not to "moves" and to "murders" (a sword icon, for example, a potion). example : you drink the potion and it works for 10 fights (that is, 10 of ANY kills) until you kill the enemy, it "hangs" on you, and as you killed it, the counter decreases.

4. Blessing in Londford - for 300 coins we buy a buff for 30 moves... well, if it's easier to say - we just lost 300 coins, because this buff will end before you reach the Brim, there are also 2 offers here.
4.1. the buff lasts "FIGHTS" and not "Moves"
4.2. the buff can be made "eternal until you die" but it will cost 30,000 coins (then it makes sense)

5. One character buys Iztil claws, can he add a quest? you bring, for example, 100 claws to him at a time and he admires you and offers "a dangerous adventure to kill the king of Iztil, for the murder of which they will give * an item*. I translated from Google translator, if something is not clear- write to me (it's better in Russian, of course, it will be clearer to me this way)
Last edited by Antison on Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Readability
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: "multi-offers"

Post by Antison »

Welcome toramal.

1. The ask for teleportation has come up many times over the years and we have decided that's not something we want to introduce.

2. Extraordinary and legendary items are not required and we're only introduced for players to look for during down times between game version releases. We have decided not to modify the drop rate.

3. "Spend OD to drink..." What is OD? I'm sorry but I've read and reread this number over and over again and I have no idea what you're trying to say.

4.1 I do not believe the game engine supports that.
4.2 I do not understand what you mean.

5. If you have an idea for a quest, you can articulate and formulate a well thought out quest dialogue and either implement it yourself or reach out to one of the devs and we will help you.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
toramal

Post by toramal »

1 It's a pity, how then is the possibility of "short cuts? it's already starting to infuriate when they send from point A to point B twice (and 20 minutes to go between them)

2. Then the alternative to "potions", I came up with two potions. This potion works as a "magnet for monsters" and they are resurrected faster and collect the item as quickly as possible (they are resurrected endlessly and immediately come at you, so the Alchemists warn that it is dangerous) The second potion works "opposite" it pushes enemies away from you, thereby you can go on the task faster and not be distracted by enemies.

3. Now potions work from "moves", that is, any potion works from 1 to 6 moves. For all six moves, you can NEVER hit an opponent. I suggest the mechanics of "fights", that is, the effect of the potion is not "moves", but "fights" . I drank a potion and during 1-6 fights (mob deaths), the effect is NOT lost, even if you miss 15 moves in a row (hello spiders in caves).

4 Priest's Buff costs 300 coins and gives one of four effects that lasts 30 moves (ONLY) this is not enough for any action. I offer a buff, which costs SIGNIFICANTLY more, but is removed only at the death (loss of consciousness) of the hero.(updating the priest)

5. There is an idea, but only developers can implement it. There is a hunter for Itil, he buys claws for money, you can bring 1, 5 and 20 claws, for which he thanks and gives potions, I suggest such a quest. You bring him 100 claws, he admires and offers to kill the "king (chief) From the" of which there is a *place* . Kill him and get a *nice object* (thick blood amulet - immunity to bleeding)(in short, I can try to come up with a more detailed one, but I'm shy).

6. I suggest adding "elite" enemies to each dungeon (denote them with a golden outline) +50% characteristics, 10 times more health (things fall out, But not Crystal){I saw a screenshot of a player who killed 75 thousand shadow gargoyle trainers and still hasn't gotten a ring}

7, Thank you for editing my messages and making them "beautiful", I absolutely don't know how to use these tools.
Last edited by Antison on Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Make readable
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

1. No. That simple.
2, 3, 4, would require major changes to the game engine, so they will not happen.
5, It's not clear what you are suggesting
6, There are already boss drops. Many of them.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
toramal

Post by toramal »

I suggest adding a quest related to a hunter of Ai styles, he buys claws for money and potions, a quest to kill the leader of Iztil, which can be obtained if you bring 100 claws of Iztil to him. Does Google Translator translate incorrectly or is the meaning of the quest itself not clear?
toramal

Post by toramal »

Did you manage to realize the effect of "aggression" in the location where the hermit magician sends? You go down into the dungeon, attack the enemy, and the surrounding enemies ALSO start coming at you and attacking. Will it be possible to make a potion that will cause this effect?
Antison

Post by Antison »

toramal wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:06 pm I suggest adding a quest related to a hunter of Ai styles, he buys claws for money and potions, a quest to kill the leader of Iztil, which can be obtained if you bring 100 claws of Iztil to him. Does Google Translator translate incorrectly or is the meaning of the quest itself not clear?
"quest related to a hunter of Ai styles"
I have no idea what that means. What is AI styles?

If you want to build this quest with this type of ideas and you need to do it yourself and you will help you. There are plenty of links on this website to help facilitate your learning of how to do it
Antison

Post by Antison »

toramal wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:09 pm Did you manage to realize the effect of "aggression" in the location where the hermit magician sends? You go down into the dungeon, attack the enemy, and the surrounding enemies ALSO start coming at you and attacking. Will it be possible to make a potion that will cause this effect?
No. The game engine only supports using potions on yourself.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Hi Toramal, and welcome to the forum :)
thanks for your ideas, although some of them like teleport or increasing drop chance are already rejected...

I never use the blessing in Loneford myself, because the distance to worthy places is just too high, and the blessing is spent when you reach it.
Just for explanation: In Andor's Trail we normally don't count in Moves or Fights, but in Rounds, which is a combination of both. Walking takes longer for a round than in a fight.

The quest proposal for the hunter could fit to Gauward at the Waterway house. He buys Izthiel claws for a good price. He could also ask for killing some Izthiel boss.
We have already many quests in this style (Go and kill something for me, then you'll get something), but not in all areas. The way to Remgard is rather long and empty of quests - maybe you have an idea for someone like this at the Eastern shore of Lake Laeroth?

About teleport or short cuts: There are already a few short cuts here and there (to Lodar, from BlackwaterMountain down to Prim), but we don't want these shortcuts in general for a reason.
Although e.g. the way between BlackwaterMountain and Prim is cumbersome, and you have to travel it several times - it is useful. You train your hero, he is getting stronger each time. Same with the way to Remgard.
Imagine you would teleport, then you would stay a low level character and then you would start to complain, that the monsters are growing too hard.
And the way to Remgard is far more interesting than a magnet potion.

At last my advice not to fix on the ring of Lesser Shadows. It is a really good item, but you can easily go without it. My first characters hunted for one, but now I only try it for maybe a hundred of kills.
As Antison already said, it was made for players who played all available content and waited for the next release.
Nut
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

1. I always thought some sort of fast travelling was needed if not at the start then gradually as a reward for unlocking maps like GTA. The best thing would be to allow teleporting between different local inns for a cost.

2. Agreed. It's ridiculously low. Not sure if it's difficult to change since it6just a matter of changing the percentage chance. Despite years of trying I still don't have rare items incl the ring.

3. Potions are fine. Didn't get your criticism here. New varities with interesting conditions are a need of the hour. Developers are looking into it.

4. Pass

5. Yes. Multiple type of quest chain for NOCs had been discussed in the past. It shall be introduced in future if time allows.