v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

"multi-offers"

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: "multi-offers"

Post by Antison »

Nut wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:29 pm
About teleport or short cuts: There are already a few short cuts here and there (to Lodar, from BlackwaterMountain down to Prim), but we don't want these shortcuts in general for a reason.
Although e.g. the way between BlackwaterMountain and Prim is cumbersome, and you have to travel it several times - it is useful. You train your hero, he is getting stronger each time. Same with the way to Remgard.
Imagine you would teleport, then you would stay a low level character and then you would start to complain, that the monsters are growing too hard.
And the way to Remgard is far more interesting than a magnet potion.
I completely agree with you Nut. In fact, this is the number one reason why teleportation is not in the game. IMO
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Teleporting creates other potential problems anyway. There may be a script (that the player can't see) that does something on the path to somewhere, depending on what you have already done, or what item you have, or whatever. Jumping over that by fast travel would create serious problems.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
toramal
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by toramal »

1. I suggest just a "raft" on which it will be possible to get from Remgard to Rome. Personally, I will not complain about the "shortcuts", but go "back and forth" several times to get "you're good" (
2. Is "Howard" a useless character? because I do not sell claws, and he does not take "wholesale".
3. Then I have nothing else to offer at the moment. (although the question remains. "what Extra things fall, and from whom, if I REALLY LIKE heavy armor and shields, to be as protected as possible).
Thank you all for the answers, I am glad that the game is alive and developing.
Rapnapuw

Post by Rapnapuw »

Nut wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:29 pm
About teleport or short cuts: There are already a few short cuts here and there (to Lodar, from BlackwaterMountain down to Prim), but we don't want these shortcuts in general for a reason.
Although e.g. the way between BlackwaterMountain and Prim is cumbersome, and you have to travel it several times - it is useful. You train your hero
And the way to Remgard is far more interesting than a magnet potion.
I strongly disagree. The way to remgard or Prim is fun then you do it the first time and ok if you have to do it a second time, but after that it really sucks. If it is just for grinding it would be better to offer more quest instead or give more exp. for some of the quest, so you dont gave to do the same thing over and over again.

Teleport my be not the best option, but I really would love to see more shortcuts. It should be possible to find them later in the game. Fore example there could be a ferry over the lake to remgard, that starts to operate after a few quest in remgard. And it should he possible to cut down the trees near the woodcuter camp to open a shortcut to Prim. Of course only after completing the mermaid quest😈
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Shortcuts are a possibility. Teleporting is not.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

As of 0.8.4, you shouldn't have to do the Remgard trip more than twice anyway.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Raphi

Post by Raphi »

If I may throw a few thoughts in, I was also thinking about long ways to places and how to fix the issue of finding them boring after several travels.
Personally I am fully against teleportation as it doesn't fit in the game very well. Shortcuts are okay in some cases, but not always the best option.

What I really want are several ways to the same place so you can choose. Not neccessarily shortcuts though, but if there are two or three different paths to a place of similar length, you would enjoy travelling a lot more, as there is more to explore.

Thats btw exactly what I'm missing with Sullengard: Another way, mabye from the path downwards east of Flagstone.

For Remgard, I think mabye there could be another way by boat, this way many more lake maps could be added ;)
Lvl: 68, XP: 5705044, Gold: 104341, RoLS: 1
Hp: 244, AC: 282, AD: 20-31, BC: 157, DR: 6
Hat o t protector
Knight's hauberk
JoF
LifeTaker
Blade o t protector
Ring o t protector
RolS
Gloves o t guardian
Boots o t Globetrotter
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

"Thats btw exactly what I'm missing with Sullengard: Another way, mabye from the path downwards east of Flagstone."

Good guess about the future
Nut
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Raphi wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:49 am What I really want are several ways to the same place so you can choose. Not neccessarily shortcuts though, but if there are two or three different paths to a place of similar length, you would enjoy travelling a lot more, as there is more to explore.
I agree 1000%. Which is why you will enjoy the future
"A home without a beagle is just a house"