v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[solved] Unfinishable quest: Hunting the hunter

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
cwcw
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Unfinishable quest: Hunting the hunter

Post by cwcw »

OK, I returned to the jackal's clearing, the message triggered again, this time I got the third entry in the log.
Weird though, still think that's a bug.

Thanks for your help and the development work, this is, by far, the best mobile game I ever played.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: [solved] Unfinishable quest: Hunting the hunter

Post by Antison »

If you triggered that script the first time then I have no idea why you didn't get the quest progress reward that you're needing to complete the quest.
What we suspect is that you fought the jackal on the very edge of its spawn area and you were on the very edge of the script area and after you killed him, you didn't walk closer to him. This is the only "bug" here and I have subsequently went ahead and increased the size of the script area to prevent it.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
cwcw

Post by cwcw »

Well, that's a nice suspicion of yours. I guess seeing the jackal's death message the first time round (after walking over his corpse) must have been a clairvoyant episode or something.

As I said, nice game, thanks. I don't appreciate being called a liar, though, so I will certainly not be reporting anything else.
Antison

Post by Antison »

cwcw wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:56 pm Well, that's a nice suspicion of yours. I guess seeing the jackal's death message the first time round (after walking over his corpse) must have been a clairvoyant episode or something.

As I said, nice game, thanks. I don't appreciate being called a liar, though, so I will certainly not be reporting anything else.
Who called you a liar? Walking over the corpse is not required.
Again, if you saw the script the first time, then you must not have clicked through it to get the quest progress
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

cwcw wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:56 pm ... so I will certainly not be reporting anything else.
That would be a pity, because you just have helped us to find a nasty bug.
Nut
cwcw

Post by cwcw »

Antison wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:13 pm Who called you a liar?
You did, for instance when I wrote that my hero was killed outside of the forest you replied:
Antison wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:14 pm Now, I don't think I believe that is possible
And when I told you that I moved closer to the jackal (i.e. onto his corpse) and triggered the script you wrote:
Antison wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:27 pm What we suspect is that you [...] didn't walk closer to him.
Anyway, no hard feelings, I'll try not to take it personally.
Antison

Post by Antison »

"Now I don't believe that is possible" Is not calling you a liar and it's taken out of context because I was talking about the script not not rewarding the quest progress after you kill the creature.

Again when I said "what we suspect..." I am referring to how the bug got found.
Antison

Post by Antison »

@cwcw,

We had a couple of wires crossed here and I still don't really understand exactly how you ran into a problem.
What we suspected was your issue is laid out here in this drawing.
PXL_20221122_171559961.jpg
We were thinking that you were on tile y and the jackal was on tile x and after beating it you took one step north and thus not triggering the script. I went ahead and made that script area bigger so that others won't encounter this.
Now after we suspected this, you said that you saw the dialogue from the script and your quest log proves that the dialogue from the script did not give you the quest progress reward.
That doesn't make any sense to me unless you didn't step all the way through that dialogue to get the reward.
So the bug that I fixed is probably not the cause to your issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cwcw

Post by cwcw »

Again, no hard feelings, I'm probably just unneccesarily sensitive on such matters...