v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

WIth what stats did you manage to get into Sullengard village?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: WIth what stats did you manage to get into Sullengard village?

Post by charnameLol »

Raphi wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:58 pm I kind of agree with Antison there. I haven't played any permadeath character but for my normal one Sullengard is a nice challenge. I am currently at level 68 (see my stats below) and it is possible for me to get there, without it being easy. I see Sullengard as the next challenge after the graveyard king, which I have recently completed.

For me, the gear that's available in this town is not the main reason to go there. For me it's exploring new maps and completing the quests. But I definetely see what you mean charnameLol, the gear that is sold in Sullengard might not be of any use if you made it there.

On the other hand though, I think that always adding better gear and always increasing the maximum stats you can get kind of ruins the fact that you sometimes get to choose which item is the best for you in your current situation. For example choosing a blackwater build like you did is not really an option for me, as I am trying to get no negative effects. If there are new items that exceed the range of the current "best" armor or weapons, these desicions might become obsolete as everybody tries to get only the best item.

Personally I think it's the right way to add a lot of gear that is on the same level, but with different stats. Some with more AC, others with more BC and so on. But of course they have to be accessible for when you need them.
Hi. I do like Sullengard because of its challenge after graveyard. It has been fun. I've had a whole thread dedicated to this. :)

It is just that I'm trying to wrap my mind around whether a new PD build of mine should go to this area for gear upgrades or not. I'm comparing the costs vs benefits for a PD build. For a regular build I wouldn't have cared starting this thread to begin with. :)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Look, Sullengard was not built just to provide item upgrades. It provides 5 new quests and a continuation of the main quest. It provides an exploration element that is extremely fun. It adds lots of other unique things that I will not give away here.
The items that I added to the various shops in the city were done to fill in a gap. Such as the cloak that you mentioned earlier as people going with cloth item monk builds needed an upgrade there. Same thing with the boots that I added. I also added a heavy helmet as the players using heavy armor never had an improved helmet available to them.

Any player in the mid 50s can easily maneuver their way around these maps (thanks to my many mistakes) and get to the town without too much trouble if you know what you're doing.

Again, I don't care about worrying about permadeath players. They understand what they're signing up for when they pick this playing option. Grind, grind, grind. Expect to have to be twice the level that other people would be at in order to access most content.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by charnameLol »

I think I'll leave it as is. It's just that I sort of started this thread to make up my mind for my PD build. Not to change or challenge anything. Just trying to add 2 and 2 together. :D

Thankfully, two players responded quickly enough and the data they gave aligns with the data I have for my own profile. That is to say, don't go to Sullengard for upgrades only when playing in "PD mode".
Antison

Post by Antison »

Permadeath characters should not consider going to Sullengard until level 85ish. Just like I would not recommend it goes to Charwood at level 34 like my recommendation is for a regular character. Double it and going there would be closer to 70
dostojevk
android_version: 4.3

Post by dostojevk »

I can't enter area in sullengard. Any explanation?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lvl. 60
HP:139, AP:6/12, AC:265, AD:49-63, ECC:13%, CM:2, BC:157, DR:3
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Lam al Adie »

Looks like you are at the western exit of the map. The way to sullengard is in the south.
Westwards is another quest.
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1
dostojevk

Post by dostojevk »

Lam al Adie wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:44 am Looks like you are at the western exit of the map. The way to sullengard is in the south.
I still can't find the south entrance :D
Lvl. 60
Antison

Post by Antison »

dostojevk wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:47 pm
Lam al Adie wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:44 am Looks like you are at the western exit of the map. The way to sullengard is in the south.
What are you talking about? Continue south on the map you posted
dostojevk

Post by dostojevk »

Antison wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:27 pm
dostojevk wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:47 pm
What are you talking about? Continue south on the map you posted
Are you mistaken my question to sullengard haunted cemetery entrance to sullengard entrance? I finished all off the quest in sullengard
Lvl. 60
Antison

Post by Antison »

Then why are you questioning where Sullengard is?
You wrote: "I can't enter area in sullengard. Any explanation?"

Lam al Adie stated Sullengard is to the south of where you are on that posted map.

If you are asking about going west, then that has nothing to do with Sullengard. West is maps related to a quest that you need to initiate somewhere else.