v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.8.3 released!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Andor's Trail v0.8.3 released!

Post by Antison »

First we have HellereSonnen with his/her's awesome commentary and feedback. It really put a smile on my face and gave me a lot of vindication that all of my hard work was worth it. THANK YOU!
Then comes Osho with his negativity as usual to ruin it!

HellereSonnen, I like the ant hill idea. Isn't something that you would like to formulate a concrete idea on and potentially see this come to fruition?

I don't know if you will ever get access to the Sullengard Ravine's bottom, but I do plan to extend it eastward.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Antison

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:42 am Also game world now has large agricultural fields available for some interesting ideas for quests or side jobs!
Okay, here's another opportunity for community contribution or from Osho. Osho, again, why don't you put together a formulated well articulated idea for a quest?
Antison

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:42 am Sullengard has a problem of too many snakes beyond realistically possible. It'd be better if the next update reduces their numbers to some extent and from all types.
The snakes are super easy to avoid.
HellereSonnen
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Snakes drop meat. Lava entities drop gems. Ants dig hills.

Post by HellereSonnen »

Thank you for our kind words Antison. When I wrote that andors trail is art, I mainly meant the fact that a community of enthusiasts picks up Oscars project and manages to keep it going for over 10 years and is involving its users, creating a die hard community along the way, this is a fantastic achievement. If you play it for a while, you quickly understand the vast efforts and hard work that have been put into its development, the plots, the characters, the ideas and so on. Respect.

Jes, the snakes can be avoided effortlessly... and at high level and block chance one will be happy to farm them as well.

Oshos sometimes a bit naggin-comments are meanwhile a running gag to me, I would miss them if they should disappear one day. Some of his comments are quite constructive. And there is the old German saying from the 1930ies "Was kümmert es die stolze Eiche, wenn das Borstenvieh sich an ihr wetzt."

I will gladly try to develop some story outline for an ant hill related quest - there are some ideas in my head already involving the Sullengard ravine as well. I downloaded tiled and looked in the map making guide and being a graphic designer I hope to find time to do some ant hill related maps, sprites and graphics as well. I will PM Antison as soon as I have something to show.
Osho

Post by Osho »

Antison wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:36 pm
Osho wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:42 am Sullengard has a problem of too many snakes beyond realistically possible. It'd be better if the next update reduces their numbers to some extent and from all types.
The snakes are super easy to avoid.
Not about dificulty but their numbers.

Since the game is played on phone in a limited screen space it'd be better to balance map area with proportionately more space for passive creatures, or other interactions including anything non-hostile to block low level players. Just increasing the monsters to raise difficulty seems an annoying design choice IMO. I'd be fine on a PC but on mobiles its a bit uncomfortable to constantly pass through monsters more than non-hostile features.
Antison

Post by Antison »

First off, Sullengard is not for "low level players".
Second off, Dhayavar is an open world. We will not block access to outdoor maps like Sullengard to prevent low level players from accessing them.
Third off, we don't have many choices for making something hard while trying to keep with the open world concept.
Osho

Post by Osho »

That's why a balance is required. Increasing numbers doesn't work either since it's easy to avoid them. It just takes away extra tiles. Can be used for something interesting. I'll avoid details for the ideas thread later. But one approach to restrict low level players is to use monsters to block certain choke points or entry points to the main city. The rest of the area can be filled with equally non-hostile features.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:32 am But one approach to restrict low level players is to use monsters to block certain choke points or entry points
We did that twice on the Sullengard maps.

"It just takes away extra tiles. Can be used for something interesting."

Seriously? The Sullengard maps are loaded with creativity.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Osho wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:32 am T But one approach to restrict low level players is to use monsters to block certain choke points or entry points to the main city.
This is already done, in a very large number of places.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Jerryfs
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Jerryfs »

Can you get to brightport and talk to Stanwick in the 8.4.1 version