v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New beta! (V.0.8.3)

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

New beta! (V.0.8.3)

Post by Nut »

Hello fellow adventurers,

we have another new release for you (beta) 8-)
It would have been nice if we had been some days faster. Then it would have come out in time for Halloween.
But we won't delay the release for an extra year because of that...
  • We have 38 new maps and 1 new quest "The Dead are Walking" created by Antison - thanks for all the work 8-)
    You start at the church in Vilegard. But beware - similar to Sullengard, this release is no walk in the park!
  • In addition, the game now has the long-awaited export / import function, so that savegames can now be conveniently copied to another device.
    This feature was brought to us by OMGeeky, which we're taking as an opportunity to welcome him as the newest member of the development team!

There are now 3 more choices in the load menu:
    • Export: Writes all savegames and the world map to any directory.
    • Import: Loads individually selected saved games. If the slot is already occupied, you can choose between overwriting, canceling or saving in a new slot.
    • Import world map: Loads missing parts of the world maps, e.g. if saves were copied from another device.
    (This export/import is only available for Android 11+, older devices can be copied as usual.)
  • This Beta version is released with a different APK name, so you won't have to deinstall the product version any more. You can install and play both APK's independently.
  • And as always we fixed some minor bugs and actualized the translations.
Here is is the link: https://andorstrail.com/static/AndorsTr ... 3_beta.apk

Have fun trying!
If you encounter bugs or strange things, please post them. This will help us to fix it before publishing the release.
Nut
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: New beta! (V.0.8.3)

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Hopefully there is a way for 12 and up someday. I just got another phone TCL stylus 5g just for this game and messaging. And keeping the other for calls. Once I know then I'm buying the 14 in April so fingers crossed
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:26 pm Hopefully there is a way for 12 and up someday. I just got another phone TCL stylus 5g just for this game and messaging. And keeping the other for calls. Once I know then I'm buying the 14 in April so fingers crossed
What does that have to do with 0.8.3
:?:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

The import and export feature. Was all I was referring to. I'd hate to buy another one if it will be a pain to transfer the files is all.
Also because Samsung gives me
ADB backup restriction level 29.
And closes while transfer thus why I bought another phone the. android:exported true and other stuff
So I was saying is all
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Nut

Post by Nut »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:26 pm Hopefully there is a way for 12 and up someday. I just got another phone TCL stylus 5g just for this game and messaging. And keeping the other for calls. Once I know then I'm buying the 14 in April so fingers crossed
The export/ import was developped exactly for the newer Android mobiles and should work with your phones.
Did you try already?.
Nut
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Finished

I enjoyed this map more than sullengard. Nice drop items. Some of them should be designed for crafting though. 40% chance of blood poisoning is quite high - should be dropped to 20% or below. The monster draining 3 AP doesn't seem to have any effect. I couldn't figure out any change on my stats from the condition.
Noticed a typo:
Screenshot_20221106-073910~2.png
My count of places visited in this update comes to 39 and not 38. I double checked it. It is 38. Prev savefile is showing an error of 1 due to glitch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Osho on Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nut

Post by Nut »

Thx for your test results :)
Funny, the typo seems to be an undead too - I am sure I had killed (fixed) it :lol:
Nut
Antison

Post by Antison »

The monster draining 3 AP?
Again with the crafting. I've told you this a million times crafting is very difficult for us to do and it's very static. You're not going to get a dynamic crafting system.

I've added the items that you have requested. Are they satisfactory to you?

I'm actually shocked that you found that script that has the typo in it
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Antison wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:36 am The monster draining 3 AP?
sleepwalking condition
I've added the items that you have requested. Are they satisfactory to you?
Yes. No complaints just a minor suggestion as mentioned above wrt 40% chance but not important overall
Antison

Post by Antison »

Sleepwalking is working.

How did you find that script so easily?