v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Can we get a potion against Nausea?

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.

Do you want a potion to remove Nausea condition?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:58 pm

Yes, I want this potion
20%
No, it would make the game easy
No votes
No, cause I want Developers to not focus on this
30%
I would appreciate to have this, but I won't mind either if I don't get this
50%

Total votes: 10

charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Can we get a potion against Nausea?

Post by charnameLol »

I think the snakes in Sullengard are more dangerous not just because they have high crits but because they have very high chances (40-50%) to reduce player's BC by 30 points for 4-5 rounds. Yczorah were worse with -50 points but their overall damage was not high.

One solution is to use Boletus Spelunca. But it is a one-time only item. Once the stock is finished there is nothing comparable in the game the player can rely on.

Can we have the potion maker lady in Stoutford or some other NPC provide a potion to remove the effects of Nausea?

Having a potion won't necessarily make the game easy cause snakes can still attack with their crits and their overall DMG would be unaffected, so the challenge would still be there. But at least the potion would provide some relief.

I have 233 BC with gears. Those red snakes with 50% nausea chance still at times inflict me with nausea. If there is another snake in the vicinity than sometimes in a single round I receive 2-4 crits. Sometimes I'm just drinking BPs just to ensure I don't die on the spot. All of this mostly because I've got no way to treat actor condition, and moving away in a battle against two snakes is equally dangerous cause if I fail I'll surely die (because the AP would have been wasted in moving away instead of recuperating health). So holding onto my ground is all I can do, drinking BPs like a drunkard on Meads. :lol:

Consider spiders and their masters. The Insect Contagion can easily reduce AC by 60 or 70 points for 5 rounds. But at least BC is not compromised. So while the player struggles with hitting those monsters when inflicted with contagion, the player doesn't need to fear being obliterated cause the overall DMG (excluding crits) from these monsters is not high enough.

This is not the case with Sullengard snakes. High DMG, more crits, actor conditions make them pretty bad*** monsters in general. 8-)
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Can we get a potion against Nausea?

Post by Osho »

How much damage your attacks do?

3 or 4 attacks with maximum damage per attack before monsters take the turn is the key to survive in sullengard. Don't depend on BC alone. I could kill snakes with 170 BC due to 4/12 AP build. Nausea was not a problem then. If the condition hits me I simply move to flee!

So I choose last option!
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Osho wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:25 pm How much damage your attacks do?

3 or 4 attacks with maximum damage per attack before monsters take the turn is the key to survive in sullengard. Don't depend on BC alone. I could kill snakes with 170 BC due to 4/12 AP build. Nausea was not a problem then. If the condition hits me I simply move to flee!

So I choose last option!
DMG range is 70-90. Attack cost 4/12. No crit weapons.

Perhaps I'm conveying a sort of impression that I'm struggling with the snakes in Sullengard. That's not really the case. I've level up from lvl 76 to lvl 88 in Sullengard alone. I have about two lvl upgrades pending (potential 6 BC I can get) and one Skill level pending (9 pts from Dodge I can get) to use. So I'm lvl 90 in reality.

I don't really have a problem in Sullengard per se. The snakes found along the way to Sullengard are dealt with by my build. It is just that I deliberately venture into Sullengard forest, testing my build by putting it into harm's way. What I realized during this process is that snakes have upper hand with actor condition. Of course, if I tank my build further than I'd almost stop getting affected by them.

I guess I'm looking for a consumable until I reach a point where no Sullengard snake can harm me even if I'm swarmed by them.
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Also, I do not allow my build to run. It's just how I want it to be. To struggle, even if it means cheating a bit by drinking potions a lot more compared to if it used evasion.

Of course, it this was permadeath build, than I'd be all for evasion. :)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Kazarite cloak gives 100% immunity when equipped.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Monsters certainly have a disproportionate amount of %chance for conditions, while players hardly have access to wearable or useable items with conditions above 10% chance.

My suggestion:Reduce monsters %chance, or provide players better items to boost their chances to strike monsters with conditions.

Potions are useful if conditions don't happen too often but it's not effective against very high %chance monsters, especially against the ones with 3 to 4 attacks per turn. You will waste precious turn on using items, while monster can kill you in that same turn.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

:o Here we go again. Osho wants changes to make the game easier. Shocker. :o
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Antison wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:43 pm Kazarite cloak gives 100% immunity when equipped.
Oh I know that. I forgot to mention it in my original post. It's just that donning this armor is actually more dangerous!

If a player is in Sullengard or in the caves west of Prim, than it can be assumed that they are either using Serpent's Hauberk (14 BC) or a better one (I use BW armor). Switching to this cloak is a huge downgrade against powerful monsters. So while Nausea won't affect the player, the monsters' regular and crit successful attacks would be more in number due to reduced BC on player's end.

I don't think this cloak actually provides a choice to players at all. Although I'm open to views if a player can come with arguments that switching to this cloak has proved effective in Sullengard "forest" map to them.
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Osho wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:03 pm My suggestion:Reduce monsters %chance, or provide players better items to boost their chances to strike monsters with conditions.
Player does have items to boost their chances to strike monsters with conditions. I personally think this map is most challenging among all the map regions in the game so far. It is challenging if the player allow the snakes to swarm-in of course.

My build since lvl 80 have had no problem with this map if "Tears of Shadow" potion was used. Similarly, Spelunca coupled with any BC boosting potion can be used to come out of this region with glory (I tested it at lvl 87 I think). So it is not fair to say that better items are not available.

Similarly, dazed conditions from the monsters on the way to Prim from Stoutford can be removed using potions. They can be eliminated by upping BC. Same goes for Contagion from spiders. Up the BC using gears or stats and the chance of being affected reduces significantly. Arulirs' stunned conditions can also be removed using potion and the chances of getting affected reduced by upping stats.

So I'm not sold on reducing monsters % chance for conditions.
Osho wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:03 pm Potions are useful if conditions don't happen too often but it's not effective against very high %chance monsters, especially against the ones with 3 to 4 attacks per turn. You will waste precious turn on using items, while monster can kill you in that same turn.
Conditions happen often if BC is not good enough for the challenge. I struggled with Sullengard snakes more when my BC was below 220. As I continued to increase it the struggle reduced to inconvenience in most battles with those snakes.
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Antison wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:43 pm Kazarite cloak gives 100% immunity when equipped.
I was a bit confused why I don't have this cloak given that AT directory shows 100% drop rate from Undead Kamelio. It turns out that back when I fought Undead Kamelio the drop rate was 25% only. It was increased to 100% in 0.8.1 release. It's the same reason why I don't have Prim Sword.

So it is not fair to suggest an item whose drop rate is not 100%. :)