v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Surrounded by Feygard soldiers near Foaming flask tavern

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Werepacman
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Surrounded by Feygard soldiers near Foaming flask tavern

Post by Werepacman »

I was surrounded by Feygard soldiers near Foaming flask tavern just after I left the Vilegard city.
They moved strangely fast. I loaded save again to see what actually happened but next time there were no Feygard soldiers near Vilegard exit.
Now I wonder what was that? Was it random quest?
Level: 23,
HP: 60, AC: 172%, AD: 24-35, AP: 3, ECC: 11, CM: 2, BC: 18%, DR: 2
IF: 2, CS: 1, Reg 1, CE 1
Flagstone's pride, Villain's Ring: 2, Hardened leather shirt, Leather cap, Troublemaker's gloves, Vaco's boots of attack, Kid's shield
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Surrounded by Feygard soldiers near Foaming flask tavern

Post by Lam al Adie »

If you don't have any illegal substance, that was nothing.
But beware! THEY are everywhere, THEY are unstoppable.
Just deal with them.

Have fun and take good care of yourself.
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by charnameLol »

Werepacman wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:01 am I was surrounded by Feygard soldiers near Foaming flask tavern just after I left the Vilegard city.
They moved strangely fast. I loaded save again to see what actually happened but next time there were no Feygard soldiers near Vilegard exit.
Now I wonder what was that? Was it random quest?
The devoted Patrol police of Feygard, when they are sober, remind themselves of the duty they have sworn to. To fulfill their duty they sometimes patrol the Dulerian Road looking for the bunches who dare to violate the prohibition -- on using bone made products, especially that witchcraft item called Bonemeal potion -- imposed by the mighty and the righteous lord of Feygard, Lord Geomyr.

Be a good Feygardian. Obey the law, obey the Lord. And all will be well during these random searches.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Well spoken. Don't let the Shadow afflict you.
:lol:
Nut
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

So what do the patrols do with all that bonemeal? I imagine they would be afraid of unleashing undead horrors if they were to break the bottles on the ground, so there must be a stockpile in Feygard castle somewhere. Finding the storehouse and retrieving the stolen bonemeal would make the theft of my hard earned potions more balanced. Speaking of a balanced game, why does Feygard have such a strong military presence but Nor City does not? I mean really, the scales are favoring Feygard way too much. It wouldn't be so bad if the Feygard folk weren't total [insert derogatory term here]! They're not much better than the Puritans drowning innocent women just for being accused of witchcraft!
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
DawnPhoenix
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by DawnPhoenix »

Lady Drager wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:05 am So what do the patrols do with all that bonemeal? I imagine they would be afraid of unleashing undead horrors if they were to break the bottles on the ground, so there must be a stockpile in Feygard castle somewhere. Finding the storehouse and retrieving the stolen bonemeal would make the theft of my hard earned potions more balanced. Speaking of a balanced game, why does Feygard have such a strong military presence but Nor City does not? I mean really, the scales are favoring Feygard way too much. It wouldn't be so bad if the Feygard folk weren't total [insert derogatory term here]! They're not much better than the Puritans drowning innocent women just for being accused of witchcraft!
Spoken like a true member of the Shadow! May the Shadow be with you in your travels, and may the Shadow protect you in your endeavors! A righteous thief will one day perform the ultimate heist in the future!

That said, it'd be pretty cool if the game kept track of how many bonemeal potions had been confiscated from you, and if you were to raid the said storehouse that you mentioned, you'd get like 80% of the potions back, but only once during a quest (because they would definitely tighten security there afterward)...

That, and the missing 20% is because some guards in Feygard might have been corrupted and sold some of your potions to local healers on the way, or some parts may have been stolen by groups of bandits on the road overpowering smaller Feygard scout patrols and raiding whatever they're carrying.

Of course that doesn't mean the whole order of Feygardian soldiers is corrupt--they are a law-abiding order, after all ;P.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Lady Drager wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:05 am So what do the patrols do with all that bonemeal? I imagine they would be afraid of unleashing undead horrors if they were to break the bottles on the ground, so there must be a stockpile in Feygard castle somewhere. Finding the storehouse and retrieving the stolen bonemeal would make the theft of my hard earned potions more balanced. Speaking of a balanced game, why does Feygard have such a strong military presence but Nor City does not? I mean really, the scales are favoring Feygard way too much. It wouldn't be so bad if the Feygard folk weren't total [insert derogatory term here]! They're not much better than the Puritans drowning innocent women just for being accused of witchcraft!
You're joking right? You think the scale of power is unbalanced against Nor City? I feel the absolute opposite of that. Everything favors the Shadow. All the powerful NPCs and items are all in favor of the shadow.

As far as where the stock of bonemeal is going, as the criminal, that's none of your business. :mrgreen:
But I've always imagined them having a secret spot in the woods where they destroy and probably bury it.

Phoenix,

The game engine does track how many bone meal you have consumed. In fact, it's on your stat page
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
DawnPhoenix
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by DawnPhoenix »

Antison wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:47 amPhoenix,

The game engine does track how many bone meal you have consumed. In fact, it's on your stat page
I have, on this playthrough, only consumed 1 bonemeal potion, and even that one was by accident as it was one of the 10 I was taking to gain peoples' trust in Vilegard. But that wasn't what I was talking about lmao.

Proof of not being a criminal drunk on illegal potions:
For the record, I have nothing against bonemeal (or crime in video games) but the main reason I haven't used it this playthrough is because I've spent very little time in or near Fallhaven.
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Antison, I was talking about military presence. Not mere representation. To me it would make sense that Nor City would have their own guards and soldiers, yet we never see them.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

No. Nor City is more of a passive, religious community that does hidden and evil things
"A home without a beagle is just a house"