v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Suggestions for drops from Sullengard forest animals

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Suggestions for drops from Sullengard forest animals

Post by Lam al Adie »

Osho wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:23 am X4 or higher multiplier meat should be introduced in games especially for those who wish to avoid gulping 40HP potions to make combat easy but want a challenge.
(Especially sweet) berries? I never used them though. Got my permadeath Sword&Shield character to LVL81 with only 115 meat, no potions. Regeneration and RoLS are as much my friends as much HP and taunt are.
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Some better consumable options..
Cooked chicken = 4x6
Cooked perch = 4x8
Smoked sausage = 5x3
Hannah's lunch = 5x10

And Beast in class..
Worm meat = 2x6 + 75% 5x2
but...30% 3x7 food poisoning!
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

We need more consumption items similar to one time use item like hannah's lunch. It'll become perfect alternative to potions.

A simple tweak to existing drop items of sullengard monsters can be creatively used for something more interesting. Flies, ants, broxwood, etc drop items with no stats attached to them. Can't be sold nor consumed or used. Perhaps a simple rework of these items can bring a short term improvement till developers find a better replacement
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:01 am A simple tweak to existing drop items of sullengard monsters can be creatively used for something more interesting. Flies, ants, broxwood, etc drop items with no stats attached to them. Can't be sold nor consumed or used. Perhaps a simple rework of these items can bring a short term improvement till developers find a better replacement
Osho,

I'm sorry but this is not going to happen. I built these maps so the day we're going to be very difficult. It was the challenge. The players that were in the low to high 50 level range. It's not supposed to be a cakewalk. I'm not going to change any of the drop items because of these reasons. Maybe if you explore more you'll find that there is some hidden items scattered across these lower level maps.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Growler

Post by Growler »

Broadly speaking, there is some need for food/consumption items that scale sufficiently (not to make things overly easy, but simply scale properly).

Ex: bread (at 1x) works sufficiently for low-level chars, then cooked meat at 3x at somewhat higher levs (once you can afford the cost).

But once you're being dealt not a few pts damage per round, but 20~50 pts per round, 3 pts from, say, cooked meat no longer suffices to make much difference. So seems reasonable to have 5x & higher consumables when dealing with high-damaging-dealing mobs.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Growler wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:35 am But once you're being dealt not a few pts damage per round, but 20~50 pts per round, 3 pts from, say, cooked meat no longer suffices to make much difference. So seems reasonable to have 5x & higher consumables when dealing with high-damaging-dealing mobs.
This. Exactly!!!!!

One can make these items exclusively available to buy in ateas where low or mid level characters can't reach to have access to them easily, like sullengard tavern!
This' perception that items need to be added as per difficulty is a unfair as game balancing also takes into account of content available for all levels and types of builds without a disproportionate amount favouring any one approach
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by charnameLol »

Growler wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:35 am Broadly speaking, there is some need for food/consumption items that scale sufficiently (not to make things overly easy, but simply scale properly).

Ex: bread (at 1x) works sufficiently for low-level chars, then cooked meat at 3x at somewhat higher levs (once you can afford the cost).

But once you're being dealt not a few pts damage per round, but 20~50 pts per round, 3 pts from, say, cooked meat no longer suffices to make much difference. So seems reasonable to have 5x & higher consumables when dealing with high-damaging-dealing mobs.
The game does offer items which scale reasonably okay. A combination of Lodar's BP and Cooked Meat/Cooked Perch is pretty good. Cooked Perch offered only at one place, so cooked meat is what I prefer. This combo gives me between 20-50 instant HP, and about 6 HP per round for five rounds (i.e 5R x6), and than the leftover of 3x for six rounds (6R x3) from cooked meat. A build with two or more skills in corpse eater or regeneration can benefit with this combo even more.

For players who don't want to use anything to do with bonemeal than they can combine Lodar's Health potion (8R x3) with:

1) Cooked Perch (8R x4) + (8R x3) => 8R x7 = 56 HP
2) Cooked Meat (11R x3) + (8R x3) => 8R x6, 3R x3 = 56 HP
3) Chicken leg (6R x4) + (8R x3) => 6R x7, 2R x3 = 48 HP
4) Smoked Sausage (3R x5) + (8R x3) => 3R x8, 5R x3 = 39 HP

Combine the above combos with 2+ investment in corpse eater or regeneration and you're looking at a very solid combo.

One problem is that this is a combo which means "double cost" of using items during combat and keeping a track of them. Until a single food item emerges which can beat this combo or comes close the above combos are reasonable enough in all maps.

Another problem is that those who are playing with a strict vegetarian monk character, than they won't use the above combos and vegetarian items just don't give enough multipliers.
Lam al Adie

Post by Lam al Adie »

charnameLol wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:31 am
Another problem is that those who are playing with a strict vegetarian monk character, than they won't use the above combos and vegetarian items just don't give enough multipliers.
You can't buy them and there's only a 5% chance to find them, but especially sweet ice berries will give you 5R x6 = 30 HP
Your average monk should get along quite well, because he may have found especially sweet wild berries for 5R x4 in the easier maps.
You only need to acquire the gardeners gloves, but in my understanding there's no choice to be made that will permanently keep you from getting them.
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lam al Adie

Post by Lam al Adie »

And since they are monks, they may see the grinding as a spiritual chore that raises both their Karma as their Stamina and Strength.
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Growler

Post by Growler »

Lots of great suggestions for managing HP during combat. And yes, there are numerous options, incl HP-boosting items that *can* be combined/stacked..1 food + 1 potion, for ex.

Would be nice if could stack long-duration food/beverage items (just prior to battle to save AP), but that might incur the wrath of the Gluttony Gods!
~~~