v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Suggestions for drops from Sullengard forest animals

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Suggestions for drops from Sullengard forest animals

Post by Osho »

Bro, you're looking at my suggestions from difficulty viewpoint while I am stressing on offering maximum possibilities to the players, and that's what role playing is.
What you're suggesting is better suitable for a particular difficulty setting, where developers aren't deciding what's right or wrong way of playing, but leave it to the players.

Oh, ok, I'll check deebo's apple pie then.
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by charnameLol »

Antison wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:46 am I do not focus on using food items in battle. All of those items that give you HP over a set number of rounds I use outside of battle. Most of the time I wait for them to be exhausted then I start fighting. Or sometimes I will let them go about halfway through their total rounds and then I'll start a fight and I'll get the benefit of incremental HP during the fight, but I do not rely on that.

Lodar's bonemeal and health potions give you the added benefit of both behaviors. Which I really might go to items.
I see. We have quite different styles of fighting. I'm more of a "destroying everything under the sun as easily as possible". Haha. So I do not let go, which increases the necessity of having high-performing consumable items at disposal to use.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:49 am Bro, you're looking at my suggestions from difficulty viewpoint while I am stressing on offering maximum possibilities to the players, and that's what role playing is.
What you're suggesting is better suitable for a particular difficulty setting, where developers aren't deciding what's right or wrong way of playing, but leave it to the players.

Oh, ok, I'll check deebo's apple pie then.
No, I am not. I've been playing this game for 12 years! 12. Way before I was contributing content.
If it wasn't for me, all of those new awesome items would not be in the game. I saw a need and I filled it.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Antison

Post by Antison »

charnameLol wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:50 am
Antison wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:46 am I do not focus on using food items in battle. All of those items that give you HP over a set number of rounds I use outside of battle. Most of the time I wait for them to be exhausted then I start fighting. Or sometimes I will let them go about halfway through their total rounds and then I'll start a fight and I'll get the benefit of incremental HP during the fight, but I do not rely on that.

Lodar's bonemeal and health potions give you the added benefit of both behaviors. Which I really might go to items.
I see. We have quite different styles of fighting. I'm more of a "destroying everything under the sun as easily as possible". Haha. So I do not let go, which increases the necessity of having high-performing consumable items at disposal to use.
That's a boring way to play. Trust me, I've been doing it for about 5 years before starting many different characters. I have a character at level 132 that is my original from 12 years ago. I have not touched that character actively in like 4 years because he's so overpowered. It's boring
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Antison wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:56 am That's a boring way to play. Trust me, I've been doing it for a decade. I have a character at level 132 that is my original from 12 years ago. I have not touched that character actively in like 4 years because he's so overpowered. It's boring
I think I'm getting what you are saying. I'm kind of feeling that too with my character.

Suppose, I want to resist this urge to just hack and slash, what should I be experimenting with as a starting point to start making things bit more interesting. I'll take pointers to get started.

Is Monk style build the only way?
Antison

Post by Antison »

charnameLol wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:01 am Is Monk style build the only way?
Of course not.
You have tank builds for example. Heavy on BC and DR. It lands itself nicely to getting the Taunt skill.
You have the Dracula build which focuses on HP regeneration through such skills as corpse, eater and items like the rapier of life steal.

When you have all of the different proficiencies skills driving you towards different build types.

Sword and the shield
Dual wielding
Two-handed sword
Blackwater gear set
All legendary and extraordinary item build.
Axe centric
Blunt item
Pole item build
Necklace of the undead centric build

I have about 17 different build types.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Even after several years playing AT I still find new things and strategies. That's why I think the game is rather balanced. There are several ways to beat the game equally good. I am sure I don't know them all. It is fun to see players find other solutions.

About meat in fight, I use it myself often to get an extra boost each round while fighting without the need to use AP for potion drinking. Especially in the beginning in the snake cave I find this very helpful.
Nut
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Antison wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:45 am
charnameLol wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:01 am Is Monk style build the only way?
Of course not.
You have tank builds for example. Heavy on BC and DR. It lands itself nicely to getting the Taunt skill.
You have the Dracula build which focuses on HP regeneration through such skills as corpse, eater and items like the rapier of life steal.

When you have all of the different proficiencies skills driving you towards different build types.

Sword and the shield
Dual wielding
Two-handed sword
Blackwater gear set
All legendary and extraordinary item build.
Axe centric
Blunt item
Pole item build
Necklace of the undead centric build

I have about 17 different build types.
Thanks. I had Sword and Shield build as my last character. Dual wield specialization with Blackwater gear set is what I currently play with. It is very offensive that way.

I think I'll try this undead centric build in the near future.
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Nut wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:49 pm About meat in fight, I use it myself often to get an extra boost each round while fighting without the need to use AP for potion drinking. Especially in the beginning in the snake cave I find this very helpful.
Agreed.

Early in the game I used to eat meat when hunting for wold/snake meat in the wilderness south of Fallhaven.
Last edited by charnameLol on Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Also consuming potions during combat makes game a lot easier than x4 meat. I have completely banned use of bonemeal for this reason. It takes away challenge completely. Lodar potions are costly and equally powerful. You will run out of gold quickly if you stick with potions while fighting monsters in a long grinding session. It's hard to get your returns on investments after buying potions as very few monsters drop good items to sell and their drop rates are also low.

X4 or higher multiplier meat should be introduced in games especially for those who wish to avoid gulping 40HP potions to make combat easy but want a challenge.