v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.8.1 released!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Doula
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Andor's Trail v0.8.1 released!

Post by Doula »

After this new update, the game automatically exits when killing a monster or trying to download a saved game
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Growler wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:33 am Cool you can get a fine diamond ring (took ~75 kills for me) from some Lava-beasts. Makes up for throwing huge cash around in certain quests.
Tho wonder if getting one of those shiny rings should be a 1-off? Otherwise, one could quickly grind for massive gold.
I've already tweaked the drop rate on this item to make it harder to get it. This fix will be coming out soon in a patch.
Growler wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:33 am Encountered a possible bug during the "Beer Bootlegging" quest.. after talking with Farrik (said go to Sullengard next), I'm stuck.. have talked with everyone in the village at least 2x, incl the Mayor (several times, exploring the limited branching options), and no followup re the beer-bootlegging quest?
My quest log is stuck at "Farrik told me that the beer is coming from Sullengard. I really should go there next."

Any suggestions?
talk to Mayor Ale.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Doula wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:57 am After this new update, the game automatically exits when killing a monster or trying to download a saved game
Each time you kill any monster the game exits? That mustn't be of course.
Which Android version do you have?
Nut
Doula

Post by Doula »

I tried several types of monsters and result is the same. Android type 6.0
Antison

Post by Antison »

Doula wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:00 am I tried several types of monsters and result is the same. Android type 6.0
Are you able to load a previously saved character?
Doula

Post by Doula »

Every attempt to download a saved character leaves the game directly. And I tried the game on more than one phone and I found the same problems, I mean the problem is in the game without a doubt
Antison

Post by Antison »

Doula wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:49 pm Every attempt to download a saved character leaves the game directly. And I tried the game on more than one phone and I found the same problems, I mean the problem is in the game without a doubt
No. The problem is that we were forced by Google to upgrade our Java version to be compliant with them and others like F-Droid.
And the new version of Java that were using I suspect is not compliant or supported by older versions of the Android operating systems that you guys have on your phones.
Doula

Post by Doula »

Ok. Thanks for the explanation. and goodbye for the game, the new phones are expensive, even used ones are too expensive to buy for poor people
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

We will try and support as many Android versions as possible.

No one on the team has a device with an Android version that old so we rely on the community to tell us about these kinds of bugs.
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Antison wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:01 am
Growler wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:33 am Cool you can get a fine diamond ring (took ~75 kills for me) from some Lava-beasts. Makes up for throwing huge cash around in certain quests.
Tho wonder if getting one of those shiny rings should be a 1-off? Otherwise, one could quickly grind for massive gold.
I've already tweaked the drop rate on this item to make it harder to get it. This fix will be coming out soon in a patch.
Growler wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:33 am Encountered a possible bug during the "Beer Bootlegging" quest.. after talking with Farrik (said go to Sullengard next), I'm stuck.. have talked with everyone in the village at least 2x, incl the Mayor (several times, exploring the limited branching options), and no followup re the beer-bootlegging quest?
My quest log is stuck at "Farrik told me that the beer is coming from Sullengard. I really should go there next."

Any suggestions?
talk to Mayor Ale.
Sounds reasonable re the diamond drop rate, so we'd all best clean up while the gettin's good! 8-)

Re "Beer Bootlegging" quest..
Thanks, but I've tried talking with Mayor Ale several times..no reference to the current 'Beer Bootleg' quest..no mention of any letter..just the same interaction offered since prior to beginning the Beer Bootleg quest.
It seems his role in this quest hasn't gotten triggered for me, even tho I've already talked with Farrik (shown in my Quest Log).
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.