v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.8.1 released!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Andor's Trail v0.8.1 released!

Post by Nut »

Growler / Avalon archer, could you post your quest log of "another ruthless crackshot"? Maybe I find the source of your issues in there.

Btw. it would be nice if all of you could use spoiler tags when revealing complete quest logs or dialogues
Nut
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

There is a bug here on quest dependencies that shouldn't be there and that we have to fix.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

The quest worked for me perfectly. No issues
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Antison

Post by Antison »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:07 pm The quest worked for me perfectly. No issues
Yes because you did the easiest thing and you started and completed the beer bootlegging quest before completing the "another ruthless Crackshot"
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Nut wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:56 am Growler / Avalon archer, could you post your quest log of "another ruthless crackshot"? Maybe I find the source of your issues in there.

Btw. it would be nice if all of you could use spoiler tags when revealing complete quest logs or dialogues
Thanks--and noted with apologies: will go back & apply spoiler tags.

Screenshot below of my "Another Ruthless Crackshot" quest log:
Another Ruthless Crackshot quest log--Growler.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Nut wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:56 am Growler / Avalon archer, could you post your quest log of "another ruthless crackshot"? Maybe I find the source of your issues in there.

We found and fixed the problem. There will be a bugfix release soon, then you should be able to continue the quest.
Nut
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Sounds great..Thanks so much!
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
RaptorNXT

Post by RaptorNXT »

Thank you so so much for this fun update!

One minor question:
Why don't we return Frosty to its owner?
And, with your kind permission, a request:
High level quests such as those in Sullengard are for high level players. It would be apt if the experience earned for completing them reflected that. Maybe 10x current experience rewards from the major missions in 8.1?
Thanks and Regards,

RaptorNXT
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Antison

Post by Antison »

RaptorNXT wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:22 pm Thank you so so much for this fun update!

One minor question:
Why don't we return Frosty to its owner?
Because this was just a fun little map content filler for me to add.
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by charnameLol »

RaptorNXT wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:22 pm
And, with your kind permission, a request:
High level quests such as those in Sullengard are for high level players. It would be apt if the experience earned for completing them reflected that. Maybe 10x current experience rewards from the major missions in 8.1?
I think 10x experience might be a bit too much. More experience means more easier level ups, which would help a player to beef up far too easier against which the existing content offers challenge.

I'm hoping for integration of Sullengard (forest map primarily) into something that incentivizes a player to go there again in the future. Aside from onetime only Hunting the Hunter quest, there is not much incentive to venture into that maze/forest. The XP from the monsters there is good enough for a couple of times to venture into that forest, but it starts to get repetitive after a while just for the sake of XP only.

Consider Lodar's Maze per se. Once in a while I go to Lodar's place to stock up a couple of potions. That is incentive enough for me to go through the whole Maze and have fun (I don't take the shortcut tunnel route). I'm hoping that in the future something similar could be offered, because the forest is quite big and fun as a map, and it would be kind of a waste to not incentivize a player to revisit it every once in a while.

Perhaps adding an extraordinary or legendary item there might help.