v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

We have RoLS, but how about RoS and RoGS

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Grim Reaper
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

We have RoLS, but how about RoS and RoGS

Post by Grim Reaper »

To forge Ring of Shadows you would need to have Ring of Far Lesser Shadows, Ring of Lesser Shadows and Gem of Warmth. Process consumes all materials.

Ring of Shadows
The Glow of the Shadow guides my path. It follows me whenever I go, and aids the dangers against me that others might not see. I am Shadow, and Shadow is me.

Legendary
Category: Ring

When equipped
‎ ‎‏‏‎ Increases attack chance by 28
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Increases attack damage by 7-10
‎ ‎‏‏‎ Increases critical skill by 7
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Increases block chance by 8
‎ ‎‏‏‎ Shadow Regenerarion

To forge Ring of Greter Shadows you would need to have Ring of Lesser Shadows, Ring of Shadows and Gem of Heat. Process consumes all materials. Gem of Heat should be a Legendary drop.

Ring of Greater Shadows
The Glow of the Shadow guides my path. It follows me whenever I go, and aids the dangers against me that others might not see. I am Shadow, and Shadow is me.

Legendary
Category: Ring

When equipped
‎ ‎‏‏‎ Increases attack chance by 30
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Increases attack damage by 10
‎ ‎‏‏‎ Increases critical skill by 10
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Increases block chance by 10
‎ ‎‏‏‎ Greater Shadow Regeneration

Greater Shadow Regenerarion
Condition category: Spiritual
Every round
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Restores 2-3 HP
  • [RoL] Rapier of lifesteal (X2)
  • [RoLS] Ring of lesser Shadow
  • [RoFLS] Ring of far lesser Shadow
  • [HoF] Helm of Foreseeing
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • [BoG] Boots of the Globetrotter
  • Troublemaker's gloves
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: We have RoLS, but how about RoS and RoGS

Post by draze »

:o Amazing!
But the Development Team might already have a plan for "Gem of Warmth". :?:
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

draze wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:10 pm :o Amazing!
But the Development Team might already have a plan for "Gem of Warmth". :?:
Thats great then! Same item needs to be farmed multiple times for different purposes. I see nothing wrong with that. It is not like it is one of the kind.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Not to keep dumping water on your fires, but IMO, building on top of/requiring a legendary item which was only introduced to keep players attention between releases, is an idea that should never happen. The RoLS is not an item that should ever have intricate role in any future content as not everybody will have one, nor would they want to spend the time to get one. You start doing something like this then it's going to start making people feel like they're forced to grind from one.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Well, you would need 3 legendary drops + 1 extraordinary drop as well as solved quest to make this ring happen. I do not think anybody would be farming that as long as there is actual content out there. Basically it would keep bored collectors busy while waiting for next update, or leave them something to do once game is solved as whole. I see nothing wrong with that. And it is not like last version of ring is much better than first. Its far more about collecting then item itself as well as giving a reason to those who want to play to keep playing the game. Playing withot any version of RoS would affect gameplay as much as it did before, therefore I am honestly not seeing your argument holding water.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Think about the time to implement, and the number of players it would ever affect. The latter is miniscule. The dev team has very limited time for AT, and we need to spend it where it benefits most players, not a tiny fraction of them.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

rijackson741 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:14 pm Think about the time to implement, and the number of players it would ever affect. The latter is miniscule. The dev team has very limited time for AT, and we need to spend it where it benefits most players, not a tiny fraction of them.
I just assumed it would not take much time as you do not need to make any new maps for it. You would need to make 3 new items and a way to combine some items. I assumed pay off would be worth the time. Only 1 of them need to have assigned mob which drops it. Other 2 are gained by forging. You already have a sprite for 2, and you can use sprite from gem of warmth with legendary background for gem of heat, which will not take long to make.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Oh, the items are a minor problem. The stats should be checked carefully (such item proposals tend to be overpowered :D)
Forging these to another item could be done by an NPC - technically easy.
The thing is to put the gem of heat and the NPC in an appropriate place + story. It is a very special and powerful item, that must be earned, after all. Not with a quest though, because legendaries should never be obligatory.
Nut
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Nut wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:10 pm Oh, the items are a minor problem. The stats should be checked carefully (such item proposals tend to be overpowered :D)
Forging these to another item could be done by an NPC - technically easy.
The thing is to put the gem of heat and the NPC in an appropriate place + story. It is a very special and powerful item, that must be earned, after all. Not with a quest though, because legendaries should never be obligatory.

Yeah, it shouldn't be a quest. I was thinking of having Nocmar be able to craft you some items.. i just came up with idea. Once you finish his quest, Lost treasure, you are able to bring him recepies that you may obtain from mobs or even quests. If you bring him the recepies he will learn how to craft item written inside the recepie. Once you bring him ingredients he is able to craft you an item if you brought him a recepie for it. You can introduce more interesting items like those rings in the future by using this system.

About stats, I dont think i went overboard with stats, especially with how much work obtaining that item would be..
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
draze

Post by draze »

Grim Reaper wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:13 pm Yeah, it shouldn't be a quest. I was thinking of having Nocmar be able to craft you some items.. i just came up with idea. Once you finish his quest, Lost treasure, you are able to bring him recepies that you may obtain from mobs or even quests. If you bring him the recepies he will learn how to craft item written inside the recepie. Once you bring him ingredients he is able to craft you an item if you brought him a recepie for it.
Oh just like in "Legend of Zelda". But just like what rijackson741 said (about craft):
rijackson741 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:57 pm The game engine does not support any kind of general crafting. The only thing we can do is remove a specific item (or items) from inventory, and replace it with another specific item (or items).
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.