v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.7.14 released!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Wintermute101
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Andor's Trail v0.7.14 released!

Post by Wintermute101 »

Hmmm, just a quick question: i think i got andors trail through f-droid and still have the 0.7.13 version. Is this right? Do i have to do anything to update?or is the update not on f-droid and i have to wait a little longer until the update is there?
Many thanks for the help.
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by draze »

Wintermute101 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:04 pm Hmmm, just a quick question: i think i got andors trail through f-droid and still have the 0.7.13 version. Is this right? Do i have to do anything to update?or is the update not on f-droid and i have to wait a little longer until the update is there?
Many thanks for the help.
In f-droid, sadly yes. You have to wait a little longer. Unless, there's an update available or what. I haven't use f-droid but what I know is that expect the update to be either on delay or on waiting line in f-droid.

The main reason is, according to QQkp,
QQkp wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:00 am The F-Droid team still needs to sign and deploy the APK, which can take a little while still. But hopefully soon.
Last edited by draze on Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
Wintermute101

Post by Wintermute101 »

Okay, thanks for the answer. Then i'll wait.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Unfortunately this delay is due to our rather old way to createthe apk
It was OK for Google Play, but F-Droid wants to recreate the apk and doesn't support our project in this state any more.

So you either have to wait (I can't say how long) or use the apk from our server static/AndorsTrail_v0.7.14.apk
Nut
Wintermute101

Post by Wintermute101 »

Many thanks @nut for the answer.
Just another quick question:how do i install this apk to update my version of andors trail? Never did something like that before and when i download the apk and double click it it says "andors trail not installed" . so, how can i update the game?
Many thanks for the help and many many thanks for this great game!
Nut

Post by Nut »

Maybe it's the signature key? If you had installed Andor's Trail from F-Droid last time, you have to deinstall it first, before you can install the actual version 0.7.14.
This is because F-Droid uses a different key to sign the APK.

It would be a good idea to backup your existing savegames first.
Nut
Wintermute101

Post by Wintermute101 »

Okay, thanks @nut for the help. Will look for my savefiles first and then i'll try it that way.

Edit:
Okay did backup my savefiles but it seems they are still in the andors trail folder. But:when i start the game the load button is greyed out. So, do i have to copy the save files somewhere else?
Nut

Post by Nut »

The new folder for v0.7.14 savegames is:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail/files/andors-trail/
Copy the savegames and the worldmap folder to it.

Probably you can't write directly from PC to it.
Then use a file explorer app to copy to the new v.7.14 folder.
E.g. the Android app Total Commander works for it.

As an alternative option you may deinstall AT again and install once more the old version, but this time with our signature static/AndorsTrail_v0.7.13.apk
Your saves should be loadable now.
Next install the actual version static/AndorsTrail_v0.7.14.apk that should make the mentioned copy (could take some time, be patient)
Nut
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Wintermute101 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:33 am Okay, thanks @nut for the help. Will look for my savefiles first and then i'll try it that way.

Edit:
Okay did backup my savefiles but it seems they are still in the andors trail folder. But:when i start the game the load button is greyed out. So, do i have to copy the save files somewhere else?
Your saves have moved
go to files
The .android
You will see the files there
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Wintermute101

Post by Wintermute101 »

Well first of all many thanks for the help.
It seems it does not work with uninstalling then install the 0.7.13 from nut and then install the 0.7.14 from nut(although this time i was able to install the 0.7.14 version unlike when i had still the f.droid version installed). But with this version i still had no save files in the game(although the save files were still in the andors trail folder so it should have been able to find and copy the files to the new folder).

So i tried the total commander way but it seems i'm not allowed to write something in the andors trail folder. I did find it where it should be(its where nut did write) but when i try to allow writing something in there i get an error message.
So is there something i need to permit the total commander android app(and if so how?)?
And many many thanks for all the help!