v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

'Quick Learning' in Andor's Trail

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: 'Quick Learning' in Andor's Trail

Post by Antison »

eor wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:15 pm
Growler wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:08 am Wow..Level 120 is super-impressive, Eor !!
Thank you..it's what happens when you only play one character for half a decade :P :oops:
I still have my original character from 10+ years ago. Level 134, but I haven't played it for years.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Danilo492 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:56 pm You just need luck. With my first character I had at the very first kill Glove of life force and the Black defender.
With another char., I had Ring of lesser shadow but I'm still grinding for everything else. And so on...
Definitely comes down to luck, but then don't we all want to increase our effective luck/odds?
Just like we want higher AC to improve chances of successful hits or higher BC to reduce chances of being hit.

I had to really grind for a Black Defender--far more (roughly double # of kills) vs getting a RoLS to drop.. even tho the RoLS was 10x harder to obtain. Having a couple levels of MF should generally pay off.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

eor wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:15 pm Upon further review, QL increases amount of experience given by defeating monsters by 5% for each skill level, so 20 skil points spent equates into every monster being worth double their original value, assuming the 5% is fixed on the original value..

So a critter worth 100 xp with zero QL is worth 200 xp with twenty QL..but to get twenty QL you will be at level 100, where it costs about 600,000 xp (give or take) to level up.

Still, if the goal is to get to level 400, it's an interesting way to try..there is no wrong way to play AT, after all..
Growler wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:08 am Wow..Level 120 is super-impressive, Eor !!
Thank you..it's what happens when you only play one character for half a decade :P :oops:
That's serious dedication! I never expected to even get to low 60's level...and yet here I am at..hmm..level 65! -oh, and I never applied my last Skill point!? Maybe time to dedicate a couple to MF..

QL sure seems under-powered (as you suggest) vs other options, tho depends on style of play/interest.
I'd estimate QL would need to provide at least 10% increase in Exp Pts to be worth considering. And then compound that 10% level by level just to help keep up with increasing exp pts needed as you level up.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
Rafael_16
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Rafael_16 »

Level 120 for 5 years?!?!
That's really cool!
While for me, I am targeting to reach that level in
just a month, but it seems to be too hard to reach...
Rafael_16
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Rafael_16 »

Is it possible to beat all current completable quests in Andor's Trail (1) without spending any gold in shops?
(2) without using any 'usable' items?
What do you guys think?
(sorry for any errors here)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Rafael_16 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:30 am Is it possible to beat all current completable quests in Andor's Trail (1) without spending any gold in shops?
Nope. And that is not an opinion, that is a fact.
Rafael_16 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:30 am (2) without using any 'usable' items?
What do you guys think?
(sorry for any errors here)
I seriously doubt it.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Not the gold but I only healed using beds and healing with skill. Edit* and weapon
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
ruleofthirds13
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by ruleofthirds13 »

its not bad to add QL if you havent enough time to grind.
just adding percentage exp gathered equal to time you kill another mobs.