v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Official news about Andor's Trail.
chand895
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by chand895 »

I want to see this updated map, i am not getting all new maps. Help
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Is it possible to punish the potion merchant, or act against him?
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

chand895 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:19 am I want to see this updated map, i am not getting all new maps. Help
Could you please clarify.
You installed the beta, correct?
Then to see the new maps you have to walk to them.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

It looks awesome guys. I'll wait for the Google play release, but I can't wait to see what happens in Fungi Panic! Thanks for completing it.
Good job on that new d-pad. It always disturbed me how the graphics and the code were inconsistent, but never got to it.
It's really heartwarming to see how fast and how well you're making it all happen. Keep it up!
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Zukero wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:16 pm It looks awesome guys. I'll wait for the Google play release, but I can't wait to see what happens in Fungi Panic! Thanks for completing it.
Good job on that new d-pad. It always disturbed me how the graphics and the code were inconsistent, but never got to it.
It's really heartwarming to see how fast and how well you're making it all happen. Keep it up!
Us players do miss your contributions
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:57 pm
Us players do miss your contributions
I do miss being involved too, but life decided otherwise, and andor's trail just stopped being high enough in my priorities.
I know it's in good hands, as proven by the incredible rate and scope of updates. I think this is what makes me the happiest about this project: the fact that it's more alive and kicking than ever even though I dropped out about two years ago.

It's been a fantastic experience, but so is being a dad, and that and work takes almost all the energy I have, so there's none left for andor's trail. My wife's expecting our third child currently. All of you blessed with being moms and dads know what I'm talking about.

I'm really thrilled when I find out that new contributors join the team (or at least the github/weblate history), and that's what makes this project so special. It outgrew Oskar, and it outgrew me, and it remains true to the philosophy of being made for free, with no money involved, by international volunteers on their spare time, out of love of the game and the way it's created.

I try to keep a distant, watchful, benevolent eye on the project every now and then. This fantastic community is a rare breed on the internet, and it's hard to stay away.

I don't definitely rule out making new contributions in the future, but I wouldn't expect it either.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

The game needs more hands working on the project. I had this suggestion in my mind for a long time. How about using forums like rpgcodex.com for help on various fronts? Old folks can create awareness by reaching out to other forums. RPGcodex is full of old veterabs and experienced modders. They have kept games like The Temple of Elemental Evil alive through a fantastic mod from the community.

A similar outreach on andorstrail should be started by creating threads to engage with the community at various popular forums dedicated to RPG games.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Let's stay on topic please.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut

Post by Nut »

MIknight wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:30 am New dialogs have appeared in your language, so it is better to make it, the previous version, with a full translation, so as not to wait for the full translation of the next game, it is advisable to update the translation of the previous version with a new translation to a new version and more convenient. :!:
I just recommend reviewing the full new translations and going to the previous version of the game before the new one and updating the translation. :mrgreen:
I have created another sub version of the old V0.7.12, that contains no new content, but the actual translations.
It will not go to Google Play nor FDroid, but it can be loaded from our server:
https://andorstrail.com/static/AndorsTr ... 7.12.2.apk

No need to load it, if you want the new content of the soon coming release.
Nut
Lord Ilham
android_version: 4.0

Post by Lord Ilham »

hello everyone, my name is ilham, I come from Indonesia, sorry if my English has problems

I'd like to ask you a few hints about your quest for the "giant snake". Please a little help