v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Extraordinary and legendary items

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
oneiromant
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Extraordinary and legendary items

Post by oneiromant »

Lam al Adie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:49 pm That's a very easy calculation. For n kills the percentage of players not to get the extraordinary item is
(1-(1/10000))^n*100

So with 32000 kills you are one of about 4% of the players ( who decide not to give up…)
You are not alone.
Cool, thank you for the equation!
Uncubus wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:48 am I cannot imagine how many days you have done this. Since you are high level so I hope you put few points in Magic Finder? Also why not save before Kazaul imps and reload until it drops? Faster this way.
I've been playing this game for years. I just open up the game and clear the room every so often. If I'm waiting around for some reason, I'll run around and keep clearing it to kill time. Someday, I will move from this area and play the game again... when I get a RoL!

I can't save & reload because the character is Permadeath. What's really sad was that the last playthrough a long time ago, I got a RoL just clearing the kazaul dungeon for the quest. Literally killed like ~10 imps to get it... so I guess this is karmic in some way :) - zero points put into Magic Finder, because once I get all the legendary items I'm looking for it becomes a useless skill. If you told me 32000 imp kills ago that I would still not have a RoL... I may have made different choices when it comes to skills, Lol.
Uncubus
android_version: 5.0

Post by Uncubus »

oneiromant wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:57 pm
Lam al Adie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:49 pm That's a very easy calculation. For n kills the percentage of players not to get the extraordinary item is
(1-(1/10000))^n*100

So with 32000 kills you are one of about 4% of the players ( who decide not to give up…)
You are not alone.
Cool, thank you for the equation!
Uncubus wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:48 am I cannot imagine how many days you have done this. Since you are high level so I hope you put few points in Magic Finder? Also why not save before Kazaul imps and reload until it drops? Faster this way.
I've been playing this game for years. I just open up the game and clear the room every so often. If I'm waiting around for some reason, I'll run around and keep clearing it to kill time. Someday, I will move from this area and play the game again... when I get a RoL!

I can't save & reload because the character is Permadeath. What's really sad was that the last playthrough a long time ago, I got a RoL just clearing the kazaul dungeon for the quest. Literally killed like ~10 imps to get it... so I guess this is karmic in some way :) - zero points put into Magic Finder, because once I get all the legendary items I'm looking for it becomes a useless skill. If you told me 32000 imp kills ago that I would still not have a RoL... I may have made different choices when it comes to skills, Lol.
Fair. To be real it only has 0.01% droprate so should not expect getting one unless you keep grinding or is being lucky lol.
Uncubus
android_version: 5.0

Post by Uncubus »

6 Magic Finder & save/reload makes it pretty easy to become collector. I have not played so long time yet and currently have 3 RoL, 3 RoLS and 1 ElyR. Also several extraordinary.

Want do one OP leveled character + collector of lots of items. At least the character stays in my phone and future export until final product.
Prezes
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Prezes »

Casual stroll to Remgard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Prezes

Post by Prezes »

In only 12 kills
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DawnPhoenix
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by DawnPhoenix »

Prezes wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:34 am In only 12 kills
Pretty incredible luck there. Nice!
oneofmanyacdcfans
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by oneofmanyacdcfans »

I have level 3 magic finder. I have killed 851 Shadow Gargoyle Trainers and 688 Shadow Gargoyle Masters, but still no RoLS. Am I missing something? How many do I have to kill, at baseline, to get this goddamn thing?? (And for funsies, how many more to get 2 of them?)
Let There Be Rock!!!
Lam al Adie

Post by Lam al Adie »

It is NOT GUARANTEED that you get the ring at all.

Killing many Gargoyle masters/trainers just makes it more unlikely not to find (at least) one ring.

The probability of 1/10000 per kill to get the ring also means, that the probability _not_ to get the ring is 9999/10000.
These probabilities don't add up, so that after 10000 kills it won't equal 1! Instead they multiply and the best way to calculate your chances is to look at the probability of not having at least one ring after "n" kills. The formula for that is

p=(9999/10000)^n

So after 10000 kills your chance not to have the ring is still at 36.8%.

MF3 means, the probability rises from 0.01% to 0.025% changing the formula to

p=(9997.5/10000)^n

That means, after 10000 kills your chance not to have the ring has lowered to 8.2%, which is still far from 0. With your current 1539 kills it is 68.1%, so most players that killed as many monsters don't have the ring as well.

As we are in the discussion again: my latest permadeath no-food-no-potions monk (Monc Hichi CXXVII) has just found the ring after only 757 kills (level 27)

Now we'll see, if Monc Hichi CXXVIII gets the ring as quickly and survives longer than his predecessor, who involuntarily ran into a trap of two moving (and one freshly spawning) monsters with too many critical hits to handle.
Last edited by Antison on Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Magic Yo
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Magic Yo »

Do they still exist?

Hi folks,
after changing the mobile phone and restart from the beginning, i do not get any legendary items. I am now on level 71.
On my old Phone i went up to level 72 or 73 and had ALL of them, 2 rings of lesser shadow etc.
So, my question is, if the legendary items still exist.