v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Extraordinary and legendary items

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Orkluss
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Extraordinary and legendary items

Post by Orkluss »

I have poste this tactic..

All tactics have a bonus and a nalus point..

This way you don't earn anything, but yoh are quicker..
I spend ca. 20 hours, but don't find anything and gane no level.. :D
Lvl 45|XP 1'624'110|$ 630| 2013.08.17
HP 117|AC 200%|AD 51-66|AP 4|ECC 21%|CM 3.0|BC 57%|DR 4| & SR | on hit 0-3, on kill 3
RoLS 1|ElyR 1|RoL 1|ChaR 1|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 1|VSH 1|WMC 1|GoW 1
CS 2|IF 3|Reg 2|MF 2|Dw 2
Weappon DotSp / RoL
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

issac888 wrote:so instead of level, we grind the monster to get skill points, or automatic a level 40 person have that advantage, how does it works? is it more level better or from the time it is release then we choose level up or skill up?
You gain a skillpoint every 4 levels. So when you are level 40 you will have 10 skillpoints to spend. You may spend them any time.
For further informations see the skill topic.
kendraso wrote:So then question: is the max level of magic finder 20? Or did you just do it as a way to map the probabilities?
There is no max level for this skill currently. But as you only gain one skillpoint every 4 levels you would have to be level 80 to skill 20 points to Magic Finder. (There are many other skills.)
Zukero wrote:Just a little question about the legendary item drops. I guess each time a correct mob is killed, it goes through a dropping routine that, statistically once every 10,000 times, drops a legendary item. There are no other condition, and theoretically the first Wyrd Trainer killed can drop an ElyR. Is that correct ?
Yes.
Zukero wrote:If that's so, I think the quickest way to get those items is the following :
1- Go to the right place
2- Attack one of the concerned mobs
3- When he has just enough life for you to one-shot him, save your game.
4- Kill him
5- If the item is not dropped, load your saved game and re-kill him.
6- ...
7- Profit !
It then takes ~10 seconds/kill, and no wait for respawns, no need for 1K+ bonemeals, no walking, no need to be level 40~ etc... It sure looks like some sort of "cheating", but the game allows to do so. I saw someone on this forum using that sort of technique to go back to a safe place when he had not enough potions left, and no one hauled him, so I guess I could share that idea. Maybe someone will prove me wrong, in which case I'll end my 10,000-loadings spree :)
This is a very bad idea!!!
You should definitely kill 2 or 3 mobs his way. First make them one-shotters, then wait until they are close to each other. Step in position, save and start fighting. You would double or triple your chances as its faster to attack one or two additional times. ;)

As Mino stated the big disadvantage is the missing XP.
03rsxtypesguy wrote:I got an Elyr!!!
Congratz!
Actually it should be an ElyR
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

CONGRATS!!! I am still hunting for one. :cry:

How many Weak Poisons did you have when you got it? (I am currently at 332)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Pyrizzle wrote:
CONGRATS!!! I am still hunting for one. :cry:

How many Weak Poisons did you have when you got it? (I am currently at 332)
Pyrizzle,

I have over 465 weak poisons and still grinding.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
tailings

Post by tailings »

I know everyone likes to hear about these finds; when and where, etc.... so thought I'd post my recent drops.

I recently bagged a RoLS and ElyR two days apart after many weeks of on again / off again searching.

Found the RoLS first. Dropped by a Trainer in the first chamber. 1358 rocks in inventory, but I had been selling them for quite some time before I knew they were being used as a counter. Actual rock count is probably close to 2000.

I immediately left the gargoyle cave and headed back to BWM, elated by my shiny new RoLS and the reality that the Legendary items truly exist. I was prepared for a LONG grind, but to my surprise, the ElyR dropped after only a dozen or so runs after my return. Dropped by an Apprentice in the first small ice cave as you're coming up the mountain. Weak poison count was about 170, (132 in inventory when I got the ElyR, plus another 40ish that I had sold before I started counting).

I do like the ElyR a lot. It has a really nice pop with its 3-8 base damage. Not quite sure what Bless brings to the table. If it's >only< an extra 5%AC, then why not just make the base AC of the weapon 30% and lose the condition? I imagine there's something else I'm not noticing, or perhaps something that will be implemented later.

I must admit I'm not terribly interested in the RoL, but I suppose that will be my focus until the next release comes out as there's nothing else to do at the moment. I do wish the RoL had a different 'counter' than Small Rocks.

Snipe do exist.
kendraso

Post by kendraso »

tailings wrote: Snipe do exist.

Shhhhh, your not supposed to tell that secret!
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

If the ELyR should drop around 1,000 weak poisons, how many of the Wyrm T&A's do you have to kill to get one? (approx)

I know technically u could get it from the first one you kill. But i am just wondering the drop rate for the Weak Poisons. I have been trying to figure out about how many you have to kill to get the ELyR.

Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

tailings wrote:I do like the ElyR a lot. It has a really nice pop with its 3-8 base damage. Not quite sure what Bless brings to the table. If it's >only< an extra 5%AC, then why not just make the base AC of the weapon 30% and lose the condition? I imagine there's something else I'm not noticing, or perhaps something that will be implemented later.
Yes there are only the extra 5% AC. But there is a small difference by adding them this way. If you would equip another item with the bless effect (currently there isn't) then the effect would not stack.
Pyrizzle wrote:If the ELyR should drop around 1,000 weak poisons, how many of the Wyrm T&A's do you have to kill to get one? (approx)

I know technically u could get it from the first one you kill. But i am just wondering the drop rate for the Weak Poisons. I have been trying to figure out about how many you have to kill to get the ELyR.
I'm sorry. The right measure item is 500 weak poisons. (corrected first post) As always for Legendary Items you need to kill 10000 Item Holders on average.
I also added additional measure items for the other two items.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Samuel wrote:
tailings wrote:I do like the ElyR a lot. It has a really nice pop with its 3-8 base damage. Not quite sure what Bless brings to the table. If it's >only< an extra 5%AC, then why not just make the base AC of the weapon 30% and lose the condition? I imagine there's something else I'm not noticing, or perhaps something that will be implemented later.
Yes there are only the extra 5% AC. But there is a small difference by adding them this way. If you would equip another item with the bless effect (currently there isn't) then the effect would not stack.
Pyrizzle wrote:If the ELyR should drop around 1,000 weak poisons, how many of the Wyrm T&A's do you have to kill to get one? (approx)

I'm sorry. The right measure item is 500 weak poisons. (corrected first post) As always for Legendary Items you need to kill 10000 Item Holders on average.
I also added additional measure items for the other two items.
Ahhhh 500 makes me feel alot better about all my searching, hopefully i will get one soon (currently have 404 weak poisons). So if you have to go through 10,000 of the Wyrm T&A's then you will gain somewhere between 1,990,000 and 2,000,000 points of experiance befor you should expect to reap a ELyR.

Thats ruffly 18+ levels or so depending on what level you start grinding for it.

Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Just keep in mind, having the counter items (small rocks, weak poisons, etc) doesn't guarantee a legendary item, its just to give you an idea of when to probably expect one.

Even though I had given up on getting any of these in favor of grinding by the cabin half-way to BWM, I've started venturing to the ice cave entrance with the 4 wyrm trainers as part of my grinding, if I'm not too low on health. They're pretty good for grinding too, if you can kill them before they hit you and give you fatigue. They generally give you 200 xp, and often drop around 50 gold.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18