v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Time for teleport

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
roberto
android_version: 7.0

Time for teleport

Post by roberto »

Ok, world map is getting huge, and i fell bored to go "up and down" only to buy cheese or collect roses: all this is ridiculous and absurd!
So is time to introduce "teleport stone": some items that allow to jump to a fixed destination no matter the starting point. As second option, it is needed to have some "teleport pillars" that allows to jump between 2 fixed point, as already done for the "green maze".
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Time for teleport

Post by Osho »

I support the teleportation but no need to introduce anything to make it work!

Simply connect all the beds available across the game for resting as a medium for teleportation. Just like the player falls unconscious and wakes up in the last resting point after getting killed. Once you use the bed there should be an option to teleport across any other locations.
Tyreliss57
android_version: 8.0

Post by Tyreliss57 »

As repeated before by the dev's, this is something they won't introduce. It is a area they won't budge on and I actually support this even though it takes me time to go running around everywhere as well. I have to always remember how to get to bwm, or having to go thru the long route to get back to town from the arulir cave. I still think it is a good thing to traverse the whole area because it would be boring to just teleport from bwm to remguard once you got those unlocked. It would make no reason to keep moving up in level so you can kill the monsters, just make it a race to get to the towns to unlock the teleports.
Lv104: HP:383, AC:390, AD:50-61, CHS:127, CM:7.5, ECC:45%, BC:157, DR:5, Exp: 20562472
CQ:91, PV:677
BS:1, MC:6, BC:6, CS:2, IF:5, IB:1, Fr:1, WP:D:2, WP:1H:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
roberto

Post by roberto »

Tyreliss57 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:30 am As repeated before by the dev's, this is something they won't introduce. It is a area they won't budge on and I actually support this even though it takes me time to go running around everywhere as well. I have to always remember how to get to bwm, or having to go thru the long route to get back to town from the arulir cave. I still think it is a good thing to traverse the whole area because it would be boring to just teleport from bwm to remguard once you got those unlocked. It would make no reason to keep moving up in level so you can kill the monsters, just make it a race to get to the towns to unlock the teleports.
actually, I am:
level = 333
XP = 860
attack = 816, 89-127
defence = 324/6
almost immortal, all enemies are killed in 1-2, shots, rarely, 3

even if not total teleportt fro Blackwater to Remgard, at least to save 50% of travel will be welcommed, let say to have a teleport pillar in the middle of the map (Fallhaven?) where you can jump no matter the start point, will be an help. HEY, DEVELOPERS: TO WALK TO REMGARD IS A REAL STICK IN THE ASS!!!
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

But at your level, it should take less than 7 minutes to get there. My level 23 can make it half way there in 10 minutes. It isn't that bad. Plus you get the xp
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Teleportation can be unlocked after 100% completion of the game (all quests, places visited) as a reward for the players.
This should satisfy both sides.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Roberto,

I don't appreciate your attitude. Haven't you ever heard of the saying "that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"?

The bottom line is that what you are asking for compromises the balance of game complexity/difficulty level more than it already is.

I don't have time to get into this with you right now
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
roberto

Post by roberto »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:34 am But at your level, it should take less than 7 minutes to get there. My level 23 can make it half way there in 10 minutes. It isn't that bad. Plus you get the xp
7 minutes is 6 minutes and 30 second more than I will like to wait :-) I can understand your need to level up, but it is quite unuseful for who is at my level.
roberto

Post by roberto »

Osho wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:36 am Teleportation can be unlocked after 100% completion of the game (all quests, places visited) as a reward for the players.
This should satisfy both sides.
are you joking?
if you are not jocking and you are serious I ask you: where is the logic to have something AFTER i need it?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

roberto wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:21 am
CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:34 am But at your level, it should take less than 7 minutes to get there. My level 23 can make it half way there in 10 minutes. It isn't that bad. Plus you get the xp
7 minutes is 6 minutes and 30 second more than I will like to wait :-) I can understand your need to level up, but it is quite unuseful for who is at my level.
People at your level? There's maybe a dozen. The community would rather we spend our free time working on new villages and cities. Not to mention the extending of the Search for Andor.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"