v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.11

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.11

Post by Gonk »

codingpcjatristan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:02 am For some of us who have already
completed the quest without speaking to Fangwurm
, then saved, would it be possible to reset the quest entirely so we can redo it? Thx
You would have to use an old savegame.
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Gonk »

codingpcjatristan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:18 am Is there any way to get the children in Brimhaven to move?
The road does not continue yet. That is one reason why they are there. So probably in a future update.
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

Gonk wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:26 am
codingpcjatristan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:02 am For some of us who have already
completed the quest without speaking to Fangwurm
, then saved, would it be possible to reset the quest entirely so we can redo it? Thx
You would have to use an old savegame.
Is it possible to provide a savegame to beta testers?
They could have a marker that just works in the beta, but not full release versions.

We all have different choices, Equipment, etc., but for such testing vanilla chars would be neat, yet unfeasable to level up new ones for each beta.
Maybe the save game could have xxx XP ( to get to a certain lvl), but no quests. Potentially also all items in the imventory, or a beta version npc, where you can buy XP or any item for 1 gold.

The latter option might be easiest and best. A beta exclusive NPC in crossglen, selling XP and items, would allow to start over and test things fast and efficiently, targeted at new content, allow for skillset and equipment testing, quest testing, and much more. Plus, beta saves don`t work in the final release, and therefore no way to profit from the beta NPC and carry over stuff.

What do you think?
I do have a savegame I could provide to beta testers with next to vanilla status, XP for lvl 80, no quests/choices, all legendary and extraordinary items. Though, while happy to share this to help beta testers, I would not want that to get used in the live game and grant everyone free access to legendaries and XP.
Any way for me to ensure misuse is prevented?
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
codingpcjatristan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by codingpcjatristan »

What?!! Beta savegames r incompatible with the new version??? I just made it to Remgard...

Pls make it compatible.
Stats: https://bit.ly/2BN3ulU
Just another way to get past the word limit :D :lol: :D
Aternix
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Aternix »

Is there way I can do with "Fair Play" quest? The guard seems wanted me to say the password that I didn't know about. :| :?:
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

codingpcjatristan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:37 am What?!! Beta savegames r incompatible with the new version??? I just made it to Remgard...

Pls make it compatible.
I think that is how I remeber it. But might be mistaken. I`m sure someone else can confirm or correct me.
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

codingpcjatristan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:37 am What?!! Beta savegames r incompatible with the new version??? I just made it to Remgard...

Pls make it compatible.
That is correct. We cannot make them compatible with the regular versions for a number or reasons. We have warned you not to save over existing save files.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Antison

Post by Antison »

Aternix wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:38 am Is there way I can do with "Fair Play" quest? The guard seems wanted me to say the password that I didn't know about. :| :?:
Talk to the other bar patrons.
t_deshpande
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by t_deshpande »

Friends when will update come to Google play
Antison

Post by Antison »

t_deshpande wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:20 pm Friends when will update come to Google play
When the issues raised during beta testing are addressed.
In other words, there is no definitive date.