v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Idea for a new zone

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Amarante
android_version: 4.0

Idea for a new zone

Post by Amarante »

Hello how are you. My country is quarantined by the virus and I decided to make a small contribution to this spectacular game to which I have dedicated good time. I don't know if I was wrong to use images from the game itself but I did it with the best of intentions
I present to you an area blessed by Elythara. Everyone calls it the golden hill thanks to its trees whose leaves are always yellow or orange, full of streams and streams. It was always a happy and kind-hearted community who work the strong wood that their golden trees give, but recently time the forests became dangerous creatures that they had never seen began to annoy their villagers

I hope you like it I would like to continue making images like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Idea for a new zone

Post by rijackson741 »

You obviously created this in Tiled. There are a few issues (mainly trees overhanging the ground at the map edges), but such things can be fixed. Do you have more? Importantly, was this created using the layers that AT supports (Ground, Objects, Above, and although it's not advertised, Top)?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Amarante

Post by Amarante »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:17 pm You obviously created this in Tiled. There are a few issues (mainly trees overhanging the ground at the map edges), but such things can be fixed. Do you have more? Importantly, was this created using the layers that AT supports (Ground, Objects, Above, and although it's not advertised, Top)?
Oh no i created the image with Photoshop and the images from the wiki and screenshots from mi phone xD. I have more ideas of this golden forest but this is the first picture. If i can use a better program for make this pls tellme

Sorry for mi English :P
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

The reason to create such maps in Tiled would be that we can potentially use them in the game. That would be more restrictive than Photoshop in terms of layout, but usable maps have a reasonable chance of being published.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Hi Amarante,

we thought at first you have created your picture in Tiled, which is a program we use for creating the maps. On second glance it couldn't be though. The trees are not completely in line and you have NPCs around. This could not be done in Tiled.
Although it would save us time if some of these maps were to get into the game, I'd understand if you stay with photoshop: You are more in design phase and don*t have to deal with the nasty little details… Also some things like people or animals wouldn*t work.

I really like your picture. It is something that could be printed out and pinned to the wall. 8-)
It*d be nice if you bring some story around each picture, like you already did. This is inspiring for further quests or storyline.

The images you have used are open source. Some artists want to be mentioned anywhere. But I'd say if you put your pictures here in the forum, it is obvious, that they have the same source as the game itself - so no problem. (Artists see author page in Andor's trail)

Btw. welcome to the forum :)
Nut
Amarante

Post by Amarante »

I found the info of mapmaking in the forum. I'm making the map in tiled. Soon u can see the entire map
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Ok not to be a sullied on this,but is this going to be more of a fall setting or a like in Zelda and golden axe of being a northern area. This would be good leading into a area north of brimhaven would make sense. Why go from green to darkness. @nut, @rj and tom
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

There's definitely upcoming areas that could use a unique look. I like it!
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Amarante

Post by Amarante »

This is the altar of Elythara what do u think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amarante

Post by Amarante »

An outdoor bar inspired by the party in the hobbit town in the lord of the ring