v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Unarmed Fighting...are you doing it?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Unarmed Fighting...are you doing it?

Post by Tomcat »

Antison wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:58 am That's not quite right as the names are "Unarmed fighting" and "Unarmored fighting".
Thanks for the correction - I was looking at internal names in a different place instead of the skill list itself, thinking it would have the same internal/external name.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Boybi13
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Boybi13 »

This is my skills list. There's no Way of the Monk skill either. I checked if the app is up to date and apparently it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T-rex2298
android_version: 8.0
Location: Inaroom inahouse inasuburb inacity inastate whichisinacountry inAustralia Good guesswork!

Post by T-rex2298 »

Boybi13 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:42 pm This is my skills list. There's no Way of the Monk skill either. I checked if the app is up to date and apparently it is.
Is that the beta? Or the current release?
Everything can be solved with a quick bite to the neck.
Operation Shadowslay.
Maturity: Completed! For the one ring has been found!
Melior Futuri.
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Gonk »

Boybi13 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:42 pm This is my skills list. There's no Way of the Monk skill either. I checked if the app is up to date and apparently it is.
The way of the monk skill is part of the beta. See here how you can get it either from google or our server: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6758
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Time to bump this now that "the way of the monk" skill is available.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rigao

Post by rigao »

Hello guys!

I'm new in the forums :) But I think I had beaten this game three times already.

Last time, I was wise enough to keep a save at lvl 30 with 3 skills yet to use, to test different combos of weapons. Seeing the new release, I thought I would test the new things, so I fired up that save and went the way of the monk.

Is it supposed to be on par with the other options? The save was in the middle of charwood, so obviously my equipment is lacking, but I have a fine hat, a fine shirt and the feline clothes, so according to the previous posts, the only thing I am missing is the sublime robe. On the other hand, now I have less AC and BC than before I went for the way of the monk! And my equipment was nothing special, just things you can buy on stores.

So what am I doing wrong?

Base AC: 125
Base damage: 6
Base block: 33
HP: 60

Skills:
- Combat speed x 2: this is a must for any character, right?, is it possible to skip it and have a reasonable alternative, even if it is not on par?
- Increased fortitude x 2: assuming I will reach level 55, which is the level the last character reached when I finished the game, the first IF gives you 50 HP, which is 10 levels. The second IF will give you only 35HP, which is 7 levels. I think it is worth it, but I would love for someone to listen to other opinions.
- Regeneration x 1: Maybe this was a mistake, as I cannot remember why I chose this one. I guess it was only to save money on bonemeal, but now I would pick other things of course.
- Fighting style - Way of the monk x2: 24AC, 10BC, 2DR, 8Damage + 1.5 crit Of course those things are great, but the template I reloaded had balanced sword (32AC, 3-7 Damage, 97% multiplier, so almost nothing) and strong wooden tower shield (-6AC. +14BC), which is a total of 26AC, 14BC, 3-7 damage, so the way of the monk is not looking interesting ATM to be perfectly honest.

Thanks for the help!
Antison

Post by Antison »

Are you leveled up in Unarmed & Unarmored fighting skills?
I'll take Cleave over Regeneration 10 times out of 10 when my attack AP is 3.

There are better hats coming in the next release.
rigao

Post by rigao »

I have yet to level those up as I have not finished the required quest (assuming those skills are the ones you get from the crystals).

About cleave, am I missing something or it forces you to invest into two other skills to get there? In that case, I do not have skills for those. Even if you argue that IF 2 is not necessary, CS2, IF1 and fighting style x2 seem to be a must, so you would only have 2 other skills to pick at my current level, right?
Antison

Post by Antison »

Base skills I always do:
IF 2 levels
CS 2 levels

Yes, Cleave has to prerequisite skills. Weapon accuracy and Hard Hit

At level 28, you'd have 7 skills
The Charwood quest gets you two skills points basically
rigao

Post by rigao »

But then you are ignoring to level up the way of the monk, and that was the main requisite for the thread, was it not? :D when you take into account you have to level that up three times, you do not have any skillpoint left.

I do agree though that if you have three skills to spare, cleave looks interesting... but I see it more as a late game addition.