v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Critical Centric Builds

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Tyreliss57
android_version: 8.0

Re: Critical Centric Builds

Post by Tyreliss57 »

I have internal bleeding and am working toward fracture, with just internal bleeding if I dont kill them before they attack there are a few enemies out there that i block from even attacking. They dont get enough AP with the debuff so i could just take a nap until my next turn.
Lv104: HP:383, AC:390, AD:50-61, CHS:127, CM:7.5, ECC:45%, BC:157, DR:5, Exp: 20562472
CQ:91, PV:677
BS:1, MC:6, BC:6, CS:2, IF:5, IB:1, Fr:1, WP:D:2, WP:1H:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

I am still working towards those two skills.

Currently I use robe of the sublimate. The status effect lowers the enemy Max AP. Often it reduces no. of attacks. For one hit mobs like arulirs, it prevents them from attacking at all when triggered.

The combination of that and internal bleeding should be awesome :-)
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Fun to read here re Crits. Crits def add the spicy flavor to gameplay.. you're going along generally doing, say, 70 pts of damage, but occasionally you deal 200+ Bam! :P

Dumb question, but gotta ask: If you have a weapon with crit-hit potential, and you strike a foe with immunity to crits, do you end up 'missing' more often (i.e, are those potential crit-hits completely lost..or just end up being standard non-crit attacks)?

Btw, anyone notice how often a crit-hit ends up being effectively wasted..by kicking in once a foe is already down to a few life points (such that a non-crit hit would be more than sufficient)?
Could be a cool skill (or potion) to be able to get any crits in the first attack!
Imagine the coding would need to be altered to line up all the attacks per round first, then--IF any successful crits--they'd be moved to the first attack spot.on down the line.
One can dream...
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
Uncubus
android_version: 5.0

Post by Uncubus »

I'm also trying crit build because it's nice to oneshot sometimes. But I will never put points into crit skills because it's a waste. In the long run it's better to focus at real damage. Lessen crit immunity and still take maybe less than 50% extra damage would be nice
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Growler wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:12 am Dumb question, but gotta ask: If you have a weapon with crit-hit potential, and you strike a foe with immunity to crits, do you end up 'missing' more often (i.e, are those potential crit-hits completely lost..or just end up being standard non-crit attacks)?
They are just non-crit attacks. In effect your crit chance is 0.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1