v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Charwood Quest Rewards: Fayvara & Falothen [Spoilers Ahoy]

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Denzera
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Charwood Quest Rewards: Fayvara & Falothen [Spoilers Ahoy]

Post by Denzera »

Right, you have level 2 dual wield, which is a "Fighting Style". You would likewise get a bonus with a dual-wield Specialization. Those are the skills you can obtain just through skill points.

I'm saying a corresponding bonus does not appear with your weapon's "Proficiency" skill, granted (only) by Falothen.
Duvalon
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Duvalon »

I understand. However, the dual wield fighting style doesn't give a bonus. It just reduces the penalty. The specialization gives a 50% bonus, but I don't have it. I only have the long sword proficiency which gives 30% bonus and that in my case seems to apply to both the main and off hands.
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

Thanks Denzera!!! I've been sitting here with the Stone Cuirass in my inventory for a while now, afraid to wear it because of the 2AP cost increase. I've been wondering if the Heavy Armor Prof. skill would help. You answered my question perfectly without my having to ask! <3
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

The effects on two handed swords (shown in spoiler in post #1) are different to all the other weapons, (and not worth a carrot imo) definitely not worth the price.
See the puppies scatter.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I'm not sure how you read that. The effects on all weapons are the same.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Schmmiiirc

Post by Schmmiiirc »

I checked the Skill which is available with skill points - "Every skill level increases damage potential of two handed weapons with 30% of the original damage potential"

After completing the quest *Destined for great things*, the benefits from Falothen were the same, just 30% added to the AD of the weapon not 30% added to AC.

If the weapon has an AD of 1-4, all you get is an extra 1AD.
See the puppies scatter.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

That's the fighting style skill, not the weapon proficiency skill, and it applies to all two handed weapons. If you take both levels of the skill and the specialization you increase the damage of the weapon by 110%. The only cost for that is three skill points. How much benefit that gives does obviously depend on the base AD of the weapon, but if you choose a decent two handed sword as an example, rather than the worst one in the game, you can get quite a lot of extra damage per round.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Schmmiiirc

Post by Schmmiiirc »

I made many scribbled notes at the time, (which I can't find now) but I'm sure I got the same increase to AD from Falothen.

I may have got the notes and saves confused as I was trying different equipment and different skills but it was the two handed sword proficiency that I was most interested in and I was surprised to see so little difference to the stats.

Zafferjaq only has a fairly lowly two handed sword at present but I can see that a 110% increase to AD will be quite impressive with Xulvir.

I'll check it again at the next opportunity, I'm sure there will be one.
See the puppies scatter.
MoutonGaleux

Post by MoutonGaleux »

There is a way to have more than 8 Oegyth Crystal
In the "Cave on way to Brimhaven ", if you kill the "Ancient Allaceph " (the one with half HP of the beast number), and don't go further into the cave, go out of it and go back, he will pop again, and you get an other Crystal.

I killed him once, but didn't have the level to kill the "Vaeregh" in the next map, so I get back and the second time, he was still alive, so I managed to get enough crystal to get all the skills, but cause I was strong enough this time, I killed the "Vaeregh", and visited the "Kazaul cave" (I don't know if it's killing the Vaeregh, or visiting the Kazaul Cave that makes disappear the Ancient Allaceph)
;)
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Wow. Looks like a good ol' bug. I'll investigate...
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2