v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Walkthrough: From fly to dual-wielding monster

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Andor's Trail Walkthrough: From fly to dual-wielding monster

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I posted a item link. It has all the items in the game . It says who drips and or sells them. That should help with stats. You can grind in the
gargoyle cave.
Fungi cave
I would not do the green maze yet until your AP is maxed
Flagstone prison is good.
If you can do the snake cave south of crossglen without healing it isn't too bad either..
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Wintermute101
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Wintermute101 »

Yeah for gold i did the snake cave until now (farming meat) but for level farming purpose its notso good. I will try the gargoyle cave, as i don't lnow what the fungi cave is (probably been there but can't remember right now where it is).
As of stats and items: i would like to know which equipment combo works best(or at least which equipment combo let me do most of thethings without waiting for slow regen to get me up again).
Or in other words: should i stay away from charwood and stuff like that until i'm level 30 (or 40?)? And what equipment should i use then?
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

For level 24 your stats and gear look reasonable. Don't take HP on level up though. IF takes care of that for you. Take AD, to get your base damage up. Don't ignore BC either. You can't kill most monsters in one hit at level 24, so they will get a chance to hit you.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Wintermute101

Post by Wintermute101 »

Thanks for the help. Then i will take AD and BC from now on (changing every level up).
And for leveling purpose i go to the gargoyle cave and kill there all that is in it.
Also, should i need more money to buy better equipment later on? Or is every other equipmebt upgrade i need from now on dependant on drop luck and quests? Right now i have, i think, 8000 gold.
Should i also go back from time to time to the snake cave to get meat for money?
Or is gold from now on not so important(except for healing purpose to buy new healing potions?)?
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I myself am too greedy to buy many health potions. I have regeneration skill and eat meat most of the time, and try to avoid too strong monsters
Nut
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Gold is useful, and at level 24 8000gp is a reasonable amount to have. There are useful items where you could spend that immediately though (you can't get to many of them at level 24, but they are there). Eventually you will have more gold than you can realistically use, even if you become a health potion junkie, but not yet.
Like Nut, I actually don't use health potions all that often. I mostly rely on regeneration and food. There are a few items that can restore HP too, although one (RoL) is very hard to get.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Wintermute101

Post by Wintermute101 »

Okay, thanks for the answer. I'm also too greedy to buy health potions and most of the time wait for regeneration to kick in and get me back up to fighting strength.
Because i'm also to greedy to use meat that takes a long time :D

Just to know: what items should i buy with the gold i have?
Or better:are there equipment upgrades which would make farming xp easier which can be bought with my now 10000 gold(treasure hunter really did upgrade the amount of cash i get :D ) i got?
Or are the things i can buy with that "just" helpful with quests later on but don't help me right now with leveling/fighting (i.e. better equipment)?

Many thanks for the help! :)
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I personally barely spend gold. Only if it's needed for a quest or use of a bed.
Wintermute101

Post by Wintermute101 »

Well if it is possibel to upgrade my equipment to level faster or do quests which were impossible before i have no problem with spending gold.
I think half of my equipment right now is bought from vendors.
So if there are things which are useful to level better@do quests without dying i would gladly spend my gold.
Right now i have 15000 gold(could get even more if i sell my old equipment which i don't use right now like the sublim robe and the morningstar).
So if there are upgrades to be made that would be great.
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Wintermute101 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:09 pm Well if it is possibel to upgrade my equipment to level faster or do quests which were impossible before i have no problem with spending gold.
I think half of my equipment right now is bought from vendors.
So if there are things which are useful to level better@do quests without dying i would gladly spend my gold.
Right now i have 15000 gold(could get even more if i sell my old equipment which i don't use right now like the sublim robe and the morningstar).
So if there are upgrades to be made that would be great.
If you click on my signature, and open the spoiler tag I have a link of the items in the game. This way you know who sells or the drops of the items