v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

A quick guide to writing your signature:

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: A quick guide to writing your signature:

Post by Growler »

Sorry, think I expressed the question poorly.

Is it possible to make a game option that simply exports basic player stats/items to the Android's clipboard?
No auto-conversion to the forums here, just a simple text file output--which players could then paste into any document or spreadsheet or such.

CUCHULAINN3 - Nice..look forward to checking those docs out!
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Well, yes, that is possible. But we have very limited resources so is that where you really want us to spend time?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler

Post by Growler »

Totally fair question. Guess could depend on how easy~difficult/time-consuming to implement an export feature.

If pretty quick & easy, then might be worthwhile for the cumulative time-saving for players and even helpful to providing support here by moderators & others. If someone has a question/issue, can tell them to simply export their player stat/item file and paste into a comment, which could then provide quick & accurate info for troubleshooting & for general game-play assistance.

It's 100% up to you all doing the heavy (code) lifting! It's easy for most of us to toss out a 1,000 ideas and not have to do the hard implementation work.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I think the main problem is to define the contents of such a signature that everyone would like.
Some players would have their favourite items listed, or some even their quests. Some others would like to show every hero they ever had.
After all I think it best that players will have to do it themselves manually and creatively.
Nut
Growler

Post by Growler »

Nut wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:36 pm I think the main problem is to define the contents of such a signature that everyone would like.
Some players would have their favourite items listed, or some even their quests. Some others would like to show every hero they ever had.
After all I think it best that players will have to do it themselves manually and creatively.
Good points, but would you make a distinction between some form of auto-signature (output) vs simply an option to output player stats to their phone's clipboard (for their own ref or to help semi-manually fill their signature)?
~~~
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Back in the past, someone created a high score list. That was based on signatures, so the format was critical. It's long dead though, so a signature now could be anything.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1