City Jewels

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Dreia

City Jewels

Post by Dreia »

I was looking at the Jewel of Fallhaven and had the sudden idea about how cool it would be if other cities also had their own jewel! I wasn't sure exactly what they should have but I made up a list based on the existing map I've seen floating around :)

Jewel of Crossglen
Flee AP -1

Jewel of Fallhaven
Weapon AP -1

Jewel of Vileguard
Item AP -1

Possible Future:

Jewel of Brightport
Flee AP -1
Item AP -1

Jewel of Nor
Flee AP -1
Weapon AP -1

Jewel of Stoutford
Flee AP -1
Item AP -1
Max AP +1

Jewel of Loneford
Weapon AP -1
Item AP -1

Jewel of Brimhaven
Weapon AP -1
Item AP -1
Flee AP -1

Jewel of Feygard
Weapon AP -1
Item AP -2
Max AP +1

Jewel of Sullengard
Item AP -1
Max AP +3
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
Tyler1750

Re: City Jewels

Post by Tyler1750 »

I like your idea.
Sam_the_Cat

Post by Sam_the_Cat »

Dreia wrote:I was looking at the Jewel of Fallhaven and had the sudden idea about how cool it would be if other cities also had their own jewel! I wasn't sure exactly what they should have but I made up a list based on the existing map I've seen floating around :)
Oooh, that's a cool idea! That would also be a way to get more AP (which I think some people have suggested in terms of a skill line or something). And, in case anyone thinks that being able to "buy AP" would make the game less challenging, I would point out just how much the Jewel of Fallhaven costs (and how prohibitive that cost is to players who haven't been hunting for Shadow Rings for months! ;) ), and suggest that any more "advanced" pendants be more expensive; I would also point out that there is only one necklace slot, so players would still have to weigh the benefits & drawbacks of different necklaces.
RPGeek. RPGirl. RPGamer.

No character stats 'cause I keep starting over to kill time till next release...
perspex

Post by perspex »

Wouldn't the +max AP jewels need to be more to have an effect? Fleeing and item use cost 5AP so reducing them to 4AP doesn't really make them useful either, you can still only chug two potions at a 4AP even with a max of 11AP. If the cost was reduced by 2AP you could use three items rather than two in a round. I don't really think flee needs to be reduced.

If there were a jewel I'd want it would be one that reduces XP loss when you die ;)
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

if you had an item -1AP and +1 max ap you could chug 2 potions and still be able to swing a 3 ap weapon..

~D
~Level 33~
perspex

Post by perspex »

Don't the -AP items only affect attacks?
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

Currentlywhat is listed as -ap is indeed only forweapon attacks, this is why I listed it as weapon ap in my jewel list.
~Level 33~
perspex

Post by perspex »

It doesn't seem balanced to include a weapon at 3AP cost (which would drop to 2AP with any -AP gem) and I've only seen 4AP or more weapons in the game. 5 or 10 attacks depending on costs doesn't seem that balanced.

The -1AP on the "Jewel Of..." seems mostly essential, but what about different adding a damage effect or damage reduction to vary things rather than just flee and item use? Even special abilities would be useful, I'm sure there is a way to make it so that gold drops increase by 10% on an item. I like the idea of something that could set the AP cost of weapon attacks to 4AP regardless of weapon, that'd give the big slow weapons a boost without affecting the quicker ones: 2 hits with a big weapon or 3 with a small, it then becomes a matter of how you've itemised and spent points rather than which weapon you're using.

Small max AP boosts seem counter-intuitive to me, the maths of balancing combinations to avoid unbalancing the weapons would become a nightmare as more weapons are added, or mean that there are only one or two viable weapons. I could see there being space for +5AP on an item or as part of level progression.
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

um I currently use a 3ap weapon with a -1 weapon AP jewel. . .I get 5 attacks per turn. . .

~D
~Level 33~
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

For v0.6.9, there are a lot of news regarding AP. Some items will cause "conditions" on the player, where one condition that we are playing with at the moment is "minor speed", that temporarily raises your max AP by 2. Could make for interesting gameplay I hope. There is now also the possibility of making items that raise your max AP when worn.

Of course, there will also be items and conditions that lower your AP now :twisted: . Risk and reward I guess :)
/Oskar