v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Newbie Help - Character Build/Equipment/Skills

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Dwarflord22
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Newbie Help - Character Build/Equipment/Skills

Post by Dwarflord22 »

I recently discovered this game, and this forum, and am looking forward to building a character based on AC & AD. I currently have a Level 13 Character (stats below), but would be willing to start over to build one the way I would like before investing any more time in the existing character. I have done some research on the forum, but am looking for advice on how to build a character based on the following:

Always make the good choices (vs. evil) in quests
Build for dealing out damage (AC & AD)

Current Character:
Level : 13
Total Exp: 39484
AP: 10
AP Cost: 5
AC: 125%
AD: 11-15
Crit Hit: 14
BC: 37%
DR: 1
Move Cost: 5
Head: Fine Green Hat
Body: Villian's Leather Armour
Necklace: Irgutu's Necklace
Shield: Crude Wooden Buckler
Ring 1: Challenger's Ring
Ring 2: Polished Ring of Backstabbing
Feet: Snakeskin Boots
Gloves: Troublemaker's Gloves
Weapon: Hardened Iron Longsword

Skills
Quick Learner (1)
Increased Fortitude (1)
Regeneration (1)

Newbie assisance is greatly appreciated!
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Newbie Help - Character Build/Equipment/Skills

Post by Thystonius »

Pretty good equipment and stats for a level 13. I would not spend skillpoints in Quick Learner at low level, but it is not a waste. Do you want to build on crit hit? If so, your choices regarding gear are excellent, you should really work on getting a weapon with critical hits though. If you have no crithit weapon, I would get hardened leather shirt in Fallhaven, is 1870 gold, 5% BC and 1 DR.

I recently started my 'neutral' build (no quests done) and got it to level 10, took IF at level 5 and Bark Skin at level 10, going to get BC every 6th till 10th level and upgrade BS... like receiving no damage more than regenerating, corpse eating or drinking healing potions :-)
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Dwarflord22

Post by Dwarflord22 »

Thank you for the reply! Maybe I don't know the right way to describe the build I am going for. I believe what I am looking for is to max out my AC and AD.
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

Welcome Dwarlord22!!! First of all, have you found the gear list? It is really helpful. I'd get the Jewel of Fallhaven asap, then swap out your sword for a Sharp Steel Dagger or Villains Blade (to give you critical hits)....and also swap out your Challengers ring for Troublemaker's Ring until you can save up and get another Pol ring of Backstabbing, or the Villains Ring. Good luck!
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Dwarflord22

Post by Dwarflord22 »

Just the advice I was looking for! I have downloaded the Gear List. I am looking for guidance on maxing out my AC and AD. I also like completing quests and have finished most of the Crossglen and Fallhaven quests, except for Ancient Secrets in the prison.

What skills should I pick up next (lvl 16, 20, etc.) for the AC and AC max build?

Great forum! Thanks for the quick responses and advice!!
Duke
VIP

Post by Duke »

Great! Well, you should look for other advice on where to go next, but for skills, perhaps get another IF so you don't have to use level ups for HP. Then a lot of people like regen or corpse eater, the biggest two are combat speed 1 and 2 though. levels 28 and 32, I think. Weapon Accuracy is a good skill, but will get a small boost in a few months, but it can be really helpful early on with a build. Some like evasion to help you get the first attack. You really just got to keep reading the forum, lots of theories and ideas here. and there are so many different ways to go with a build. hope that helps.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Dwarflord22

Post by Dwarflord22 »

What about a Balanced Steel Sword instead of a Sharp Steel Dagger, Fencing Blade or Villian's Blade?
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Dwarflord22 wrote:What about a Balanced Steel Sword instead of a Sharp Steel Dagger, Fencing Blade or Villian's Blade?
The Balanced Steel Sword is the best store bought sword in the game and is highly recommended for it's low AP cost and decent stats. Fencing Blade has weaker stats that the Balanced Steel Sword.

I'd recommend the Quick Strike Dagger over the Sharp Steel Dagger and the Villain's Blade.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Pyrizzle wrote:
Dwarflord22 wrote:What about a Balanced Steel Sword instead of a Sharp Steel Dagger, Fencing Blade or Villian's Blade?
The Balanced Steel Sword is the best store bought sword in the game and is highly recommended for it's low AP cost and decent stats. Fencing Blade has weaker stats that the Balanced Steel Sword.

I'd recommend the Quick Strike Dagger over the Sharp Steel Dagger and the Villain's Blade.
If you're mostly building up your AC & AD, then the Fencing Blade could work for you. It has a lower AC & AD than the Balanced Steel Sword but it also gives you a little BC boost, and is the only store bought weapon that does this (that I can think of).
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Mino wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:

If you're mostly building up your AC & AD, then the Fencing Blade could work for you. It has a lower AC & AD than the Balanced Steel Sword but it also gives you a little BC boost, and is the only store bought weapon that does this (that I can think of).
Defender's Blade. Not as high BC but good one to have none the less.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.